X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm Engaged!

Originally posted by Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson View Post
    I hate to be pushy, but I am so excited to see True Christian romance in the air! Have you spoken yet with Pastor Zeke, the best Best Man, and Sister Daisy, a wonderful bridesmaid? Also, Brother Samuel, I sent Esther a table cloth, and you a paddle like my husband's that has Ephesians 5:22 on it. Hopefully you won't have to use it too much!
    Samuel and I have yet to speak to Pastor Zeke or Sister Daisy, but we will do so in the morning. I told Samuel about your gift and he asked me to let you know how much he appreciates it.

Originally posted by Alvin Moss View Post
    It's about time, woman. Most here have been thinking you'd become an old maid. There's been too much prattling. Maybe this will settle you down.
    Indeed, Brother Alvin. I too have been wondering if I'd become an old maid. Thankfully, I now have a man who will keep me from prattling and will help me settle down. So far, my new tasks have forced me to spend less time on the internet and more time preparing for married life.
    And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
    Deuteronomy 6.5

Comment

Originally posted by Esther B. View Post
      Praise God! Samuel proposed last night! After dinner, I served Samuel some beef, pork, chicken, and bacon pie. He had two slices, then grabbed my wrist, looked me right in the eyes, and told me that I was going to marry him. All I could do was smile and nod my head.

I'm so happy to finally find a man who will take me off my father's hands, put up with me, and help me find Salvation!

If this is in the wrong section, I apologize and will ask Samuel to punish me in an appropriate manner.
      Congratulations, and may all your seedings, pregnancies and birthings be excruciatingly painful, as pleases the Lord.Genesis 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by Witch Hammer View Post
        Congratulations, and may all your seedings, pregnancies and birthings be excruciatingly painful, as pleases the Lord.Genesis 3:16
        Thank you, Brother Hammer!
        And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
        Deuteronomy 6.5

Comment

Congratulations, Esther. I know that you and Samuel will be very happy!! Just make sure to obey and follow instructions to the letter, and all will be joyous.

I consider myself blessed by God that I have had the love, faithful obedience, and loyal companionship of my wife Delores for the past 43 years now.

Our marriage is pretty much like any other, as we have learned to not push too strongly in the areas that cause undo tension, and we give each other enough space to explore our own particular areas of interest that aren't shared equally. These days she mostly sticks to her wing of the house except while serving me breakfast, lunch and dinner, and I stick to mine. She is not allowed in the basement (believe me-- she won't dare make THAT mistake again!!), and I steer clear of her arts and crafts studio. (One of her hobbies is making crude primitive cloth dolls that bear my resemblance and burning or destroying them in a bubbling sulfuric acid bath while speaking in tongues-- see why I have no interest in her hobbies?).

Of course we attend church together every Sunday and Wednesday night Bible study, and she is often asked to attend my business-related social events around town. We also have a standing Thursday night dinner and Sunday after church meal at Olive Garden. We took a trip together to Omaha for two days in 2005 to attend a funeral. She is mostly responsible for communicating with the children as I don't particularly care for two out of three of them. She has a list of six approved friends who are allowed to visit her at home during appropriate hours that don't interfere with her wifely duties, but she has only invited two of them, and that was quite some time ago.

So again, congratulations, and I hope you two are every bit as happy as we are!!

Comment

Praise God! Samuel proposed last night! After dinner, I served Samuel some beef, pork, chicken, and bacon pie. He had two slices, then grabbed my wrist, looked me right in the eyes, and told me that I was going to marry him. All I could do was smile and nod my head.

I'm so happy to finally find a man who will take me off my father's hands, put up with me, and help me find Salvation!

If this is in the wrong section, I apologize and will ask Samuel to punish me in an appropriate manner.
            That doesn't sound romantic at all, a man normally asks "will you marry me?", because marriage should be about love. You have a very weird ideas about what relationships are

Comment

Originally posted by RunningInTheBeach View Post
              That doesn't sound romantic at all, a man normally asks "will you marry me?", because marriage should be about love. You have a very weird ideas about what relationships are
              Go away, fag! This is a thread for celebration and congratulation, not for spreading your warped, satanic ideology!

Comment

Go away, fag! This is a thread for celebration and congratulation, not for spreading your warped, satanic ideology!
                Saying married people should love each other is satanic? Why?

Comment

Man should love woman as Christ loves the church...with an iron fist. Sickos like you who talk about romance equate love with sex. Get the hence, pervert.

Comment

Man should love woman as Christ loves the church...with an iron fist. Sickos like you who talk about romance equate love with sex. Get the hence, pervert.
                    Ugh, if someday I marry a man who thinks like you, I'll get divorced in no time. Marriage based in something that's not pure and simple love never ends well. I want a husband who loves me for who I am, a man who understand me, somebody who can also be my friend and specially somebody I can trust, somebody who acts according to what's truly right and never uses violence to solve problems. If I have that kind of marriage I'll be teaching my children how they're supposed to behave with a boyfriend or a girlfriend

Comment

Ugh, if someday I marry a man who thinks like you, I'll get divorced in no time. Marriage based in something that's not pure and simple love never ends well. I want a husband who loves me for who I am, a man who understand me, somebody who can also be my friend and specially somebody I can trust, somebody who acts according to what's truly right and never uses violence to solve problems. If I have that kind of marriage I'll be teaching my children how they're supposed to behave with a boyfriend or a girlfriend
                      Look mister, you've already sullied the spirit of this thread enough, go plan your gay marriage someplace else and molest us Godly folk no more!

Comment

Look mister, you've already sullied the spirit of this thread enough, go plan your gay marriage someplace else and molest us Godly folk no more!
                        Sorry, but you're wrong, I'm a girl, and no, I have no plans of getting married soon, I rather wait for the right man, maybe I get married at 27 o 28, when I have my college degree and a good job, also enough savings to pay for the dress, the flowers, the party after the wedding and the honeymoon. The only thing I care about when the day comes is having a good man by my side

Comment

Sorry, but you're wrong, I'm a girl, and no, I have no plans of getting married soon, I rather wait for the right man, maybe I get married at 27 o 28, when I have my college degree and a good job, also enough savings to pay for the dress, the flowers, the party after the wedding and the honeymoon. The only thing I care about when the day comes is having a good man by my side
                          Wow, you're all mixed up, chief.
                          I'll pray for you, its all I can do...

Comment

The Holy Bible doesn't say anything about the romantic love to which you are referring, dear.
                            Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

We're not wrong, you are. True Christians(TM) (like Brother Hammer) are always right.

Also, I find it incredibly appalling that you not only want to waste several of your prime child-bearing years AND work outside the home. God wants you to get married ASAP and have as many children as possible. The sooner you get married, the more children you'll have. Genesis 1:28
                              Deuteronomy 6.5

Comment

We're not wrong, you are. True Christians™ (like Brother Hammer) are always right.

Also, I find it incredibly appalling that you not only want to waste several of your prime child-bearing years AND work outside the home. God wants you to get married ASAP and have as many children as possible. The sooner you get married, the more children you'll have. Genesis 1:28
                                I'm not going to have lots of children right now just because you think that's ok, I want to have family, but in the right time and when I find the right man. And besides, that verse don't mentions women, it talks about being fruitful, not about if you're a woman you must marry quickly

Comment

Working...
                                X