X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Allow myself to introduce...myself

Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
    Hello, and welcome to our friendly forums! I don't anything about this Pastor Charles Lawson of yours, but if his church can't guarantee Salvation, I wouldn't waste any more time on it. Your soul is safe with Pastor Zeke. Not only does he know the Holy Bible forwards and backwards, but he can identify a demonic infestation where most people see only character flaws or medical mumbo-jumbo.

Tell us, what is your favorite way to share the Good News with the heathen in your area?

Hello Mrs. Etheldreda,

Thank you for looking out - I really do appreciate the concern. I wouldn't be "attending" otherwise - real recognizes real. It's one of the reasons why the other churches weren't doing it for me - lack of truth. It's also why I'm attracted to this congregation's site - there are actually a lot of similarities in his preaching with what's on here. If I may say, am thoroughly impressed with posts I've read from members in this forum (have come across several from you) and am accumulating real truth as I go - can't thank you folks enough. Can only say I wish I would've found this forum earlier but He has the plan and am grateful I made it here when I did. Will definitely utilize Pastor Zeke, thank you for the insight.

That is an excellent question.

My grandmother was an earthly rock for me, she is the one who led me to Christ so I've learned a lot or have tried to review her steps rather. For the record, her funeral attendance was well over 200, she touched so many lives and was a "MiMi" to more than just us grandkids. Her love of the Lord was boundless and that resonated strong with others. Her approach and what I've incorporated is to first find a commonality, something relative to the current situation. How does one spark conversation? Usually involves asking the other person something about themselves. I tend to stay away from politics as people can get heated thus throwing off the purpose so usually go for something a little more light: music, specific interests, current events. Although some are willing to dive right in which is great but tend to look for moments of opportunity with others. A great example of this is with kids. They are easily distracted and if talking about something they don't find interesting, good luck keeping their attention. Have found if you take time to listen to their words and follow along with the game they're playing there are brief moments to drop knowledge on them. It's like anything else, timing is everything.

One way I feel out a person is to ask them if they believe they're free from slavery or are slaves led to believe they're free. The answer tells their view of society and is a great way to approach what's next. I find I'm not as direct as I'd like to be (again, bench warming isn't where it's at) and sometimes take the longest route possible (it seems) to get my point across or then give my intent. I have found once a commonality is established a person is less likely to shun or blow up. I guess the better way to describe my approach is to lower one's defense mechanisms by first feeling out who they are with relative interests to then find moments of truth to drop on them and/or continue with the Good News. My favorite way of introducing to non-believers is letting them know the devil is real! Most (99.9999%) will not deny the ultimate loser's existence thus making it easier to relate with and bring them to the other side - the grass is greener!! Have found pointing out hypocrisies is a great way to convert but takes time to learn a person's understanding. I am here to learn to be more direct.
    Ecclesiastes 1:18 - For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.
    Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    Ignorance is Bliss, Trust in Him

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyBraeswood View Post
      It's one of the reasons why the other churches weren't doing it for me - lack of truth.
      I don't know why you feel the need to bad mouth other churches, and I'm starting to wonder when you're going to start bad mouthing mine.
      May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

A great example of this is with kids. They are easily distracted and if talking about something they don't find interesting, good luck keeping their attention. Have found if you take time to listen to their words and follow along with the game they're playing there are brief moments to drop knowledge on them. It's like anything else, timing is everything.
        Huh. I find children are generally self-serving, egotistical creatures of Sin until they realize just how disgusting the LORD really finds them, they understand the need for repentance, and can be truly grateful for Jesus' temporary sacrifice on their behalf (assuming their conversion is real and not another self-serving stunt that makes them feel good in the flesh but hides the fact they are still sinners).

I like to use an illustration to show them because, well, let's face it, children are not that bright, and they don't have strong attention spans. So I bring a tray of glasses of cool lemonade to children playing outside on a hot day, and as they are reaching for the glasses, I tell them that I peed in them. Just a little bit mind you. Not much. They wouldn't be able to see or taste it or anything. Those looks on their faces are priceless. I tell them to look at each others' faces and note the utter horror at the idea of drinking my pee when offered a nice refreshment instead. I tell them this is the face Jesus makes every time they pray or sing their little songs in Sunday School. I tell them to look careful, and note how they're feeling, because that's how Jesus feels about them every time they talk to Him.

He's disgusted. In fact, I remind them, He's so disgusted that he calls them "dirty rags." Now, I don't usually bring out dirty, festering, crusty, maggot infested menstrual rags, but I do pull out a sanitary napkin because most kids have heard about them, they've seen them in their bathrooms at home, the older ones may have had health class at school. I remind them what the LORD says about their sin (Isaiah 64:6). I remind them that all sinners are like that to the LORD, and if they try to cover it up with nice behavior, it's like covering up the pee in the lemonade with extra sugar. I ask them if they think God is fooled by their lies and deceptions.

Sometimes, to really drive the point home, I do take out a festering menstrual pad (there's always a public bathroom in a near by gas station with a trash can in the lady's room). Then I shove it into one of the glasses of lemonade and stick it under the nose of the kids who makes the most jokes and tries to be the clown during my little lesson. I don't tolerate mockery of Jesus. I won't do it and I don't care how hard little snot-faced Junior gets when I hold his face over the fly-ridden sanitary pad shoved in his lemonade glass.

But hey, maybe listening to them tell you why they are right is better. What do I know. I've only been at this a long time, and God Blessed me with the care and raising of many children. I know children better than they know themselves, but what do I know about Saving them?
        Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
          I don't know why you feel the need to bad mouth other churches, and I'm starting to wonder when you're going to start bad mouthing mine.
          I suppose Joel Olsteen's practice is the way to go - saying things like on Larry King that it's wrong to tell others who don't believe in Christ they're not going to heaven. John 14:6

Tolerance and what not. It's ok, we'll accept you for who you are, you don't need to change or work on your salvation. Keep coming and putting money in the offering and God will do wondrous things for you.

Yea, those kinds of messages are the ones I'm trying to avoid. Usually when a "preacher" sits down in front of a congregation to give a message I'm turned off. I feel satan has invaded certain churches and have turned away from them. I seriously doubt anything like that blasphemy is said in your church although I have never attended a sermon but am sure you would be turned off too otherwise.
          Ecclesiastes 1:18 - For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.
          Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
            Huh. I find children are generally self-serving, egotistical creatures of Sin until they realize just how disgusting the LORD really finds them, they understand the need for repentance, and can be truly grateful for Jesus' temporary sacrifice on their behalf (assuming their conversion is real and not another self-serving stunt that makes them feel good in the flesh but hides the fact they are still sinners).

But hey, maybe listening to them tell you why they are right is better. What do I know. I've only been at this a long time, and God Blessed me with the care and raising of many children. I know children better than they know themselves, but what do I know about Saving them?
            There was definitely a look on my face! Wow, excellent way to grab their attention - got mine! I haven't had the privilege of witnessing to any child over 5 nor raising any for that matter. I do not nor will I ever think I know more than you when it comes to kids. I'm merely an "uncle" at this point in my life. Poor comparison on my part as I was trying to tie together the idea of how non-believers are like those 3 year olds where I wait for them to state their game, to play along and then find areas to speak out about.

Thank you for instruction - I will most certainly not forget that way of attaining attention from kids.

Comment

Hello Mrs. Johnson,

You bet - thank you for having me. It is sad, there are some blasphemous comments in here but it is a good sign this forum is on the right path.

I am not married (nor ever been). Had my first love, then true love and next will be my wife. As of now, I do not have any children but am an "uncle" to many. Most of my cousins and friends are married with children and I do enjoy spending time with the little ones. Although, I must say, it's almost as much of a pleasure giving them back. They are a lot of work but can see the reward.

Well, why are you waiting so long? You could just get a lovely, submissive woman somewhere back in the Appelachias who will be a good submissive homemaker and mother to your child.
              "Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands." Proverbs 14:1

Comment

I'm pretty sure Joel Osteen is not the place to start when looking for a local Baptist church where you can feel at home.
                May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson View Post
                  Well, why are you waiting so long? You could just get a lovely, submissive woman somewhere back in the Appelachias who will be a good submissive homemaker and mother to your child.
                  I used to say (in my immorality) "any girl willing to be with me had too low of standards" but now that I can see my errors...

That does sound nice Mrs. Johnson - you're not trying to matchmake, are you? I do look forward to a good, God fearing woman though.

To answer your question: because not just any will do. I've had my battles with demons (still am) when it comes to the opposite sex. I find it's more important at this stage to get God's armor fitted first. Once suited, I will put on the other suit, take the plunge and then again into parenthood.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
                    I'm pretty sure Joel Osteen is not the place to start when looking for a local Baptist church where you can feel at home.
                    No sir! It most certainly is not but seems many churches are following this path. I'm going to use a verse my newfound friend Mr. Elmer G. White posted...

Matthew 7:14

Again, Pastor Lawson has me crying out to The Almighty. I'm made to repent with his sermons. Forgive me Brother in Christ, I do not mean to lash out towards God's children, it is more that I'm angry of having been fooled and that it's taken this long to get back. I mean no disrespect to anyone's church as long as that church is able to bring people in and teach others of Christ's Love and what is commanded of us.

I look forward to reading more posts of yours - have enjoyed several already.

Comment

Brother, I think I know of some potential brides for you. Meet Sisters Sissy, Chrissy and Lissy. They are the daughter of Pastor Peters. I'm almost positive they are all virgins. They are so cute. They seem to really enjoy handling cocks too!
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

Tweet me Here
                      My GODLY Bio Here

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy Mae Johnson View Post
                        Brother, I think I know of some potential brides for you. Meet Sisters Sissy, Chrissy and Lissy. They are the daughter of Pastor Peters. I'm almost positive they are all virgins. They are so cute. They seem to really enjoy handling cocks too!
                        You sure do know how to make a man smile Ms. Daisy Mae. Your posts are as sweet as pie.

Pastor Peters sure has some fine looking daughters, dressed in America's colors too! I wonder how good their cooking is and how their pie taste. If I had the chance I'd pursue Ms. Lissy (white dress). Notice how she handles the cock with two hands, keeps it close to her left bosom and holds it higher than the others? Lets me know she's good for the right side, willing to go full hands in and is proud to hold the cock.

I await the day for such an astute woman.

Comment

Working...
                        X