X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So I Had A Baby Girl...And I Don't Know What To Do With It

Originally posted by James Hutchins View Post
    I am a simple man and like the simple solutions that Gods gives us by His Holy Word.
    Psalm 137:9
    Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
    So very true, Brother Hutchins, and I don't think there's a single True Christian™ mother who hasn't been tempted to try this, the final solution to the trials of parenthood. But we note the "he" in that verse and await - generally in vain - out husbands' action.

Please do not take this as a personal criticism, Brother. We all know that you are a man of action.
    Vaccinated by the love of Jesus!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KerryYoung View Post
      Don't be too disheartened Dana. I started well by bearing a son but have since had two girls. We are learning together to better serve the men of the house and growing together as we do. There are many things I find hard but I am learning and getting better.
      Great to see you posting on other topics. Jesus had something to say about all sorts of things: taxes, adultery, demons, blindness, not always in accordance with the teachings of denominations (Methodists, Presbyterians, Salvation Army etc.) seeming never to have compared their ideas with God's explanation, sometimes thousands of years ago. That's - some - provenance - right there. The more archaeologists discover the better we understand the reliability of The Bible, for example scrolls dug up (various times) show us that documents from so long ago are the same as texts we read today.

Have you had much contact with heretics?

Comment

Originally posted by Dana723 View Post
        Up until a few months ago, I was the proud mother . . .
        Re-reading the intro of your opening sentence, The Lord has granted me discernment regarding the spiritual struggle at the heart of your problem.

You were prideful. Your own words confirm this. As someone who purports to read and follow God's Holy Word, it seems that you should have seen the outcome of such pride.

This little collection from Proverbs is but a small sampling.

Proverbs 11:2 - When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.

Proverbs 16:5 - Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.

Proverbs 29:23 - A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

Proverbs 16:18 - Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

In the future, when asked about your children, it would be wiser to declare yourself "the grateful mother of " then you can fill in the blanks regarding how many children of each gender The Lord sees fit to deliver into your life. You might also be mindful that The Lord not only decides when to bless your womb and with which gender of child, it is also His Grace which determines how many limbs your offspring will sport.
        His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy

Comment

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post

Have you had much contact with heretics?
          Now there is a question.

Partly it depends on your definition heresy. But I suspect the answer is yes and I know I have been guilty of this too in times off error.

I once believed I had a much right to rule in the home as my husband and what is that if not heresy.

I think we need to choose to take the route of grace with one another as far as we can, though off course that does not mean compromise or failing to call one another out when the need arises.

Comment

It's pretty easy, when someone's "private revelation" produces an idea that differs from what God has already revealed. For example the question of Manna – a type of food provided to The Israelites during their very long trek through the wilderness. Should we eat Manna today? Or go looking for it? What was appropriate in that time and place is one thing. What we're instructed to do today may not be the same.

Bat. Boiled? Fried? Not in the wilderness, there it was prohibited. From the historical record:There are people who claim that God's requirement for eating in a particular place for a certain time period was permanent. Now, they say, we are obliged to follow those same restrictions. They are contradicting God and therefore what they say on any topic should be disregarded – because they could be demon possessed or hallucinating or just making stuff up to sell some product they've latched on to or have got stuck with and are trying to shift (a vegan recipe book and "essential" ingredients at highly inflated prices, for instance) anyway you get the idea, I'm sure.

Comment

The Lord hath shewn me many things today and I have been led to re-read the title of your post this time around.

You have stated that you "don't know what to do" with your latest newborn because it is female. You also state that you have five sons.

My dear, it is a newborn. Your primary responsibility at this point is to keep one end fed and the other end clean and dry. The only significant difference in technique this time around is that you don't have to lay a cloth upon your child's loins when you change its diaper because female children can't direct their urine streams up.

There will come a time when you have to teach your child the needed shame and intense regret that comes with being born first: human and second: female. With any prayer you have managed to instil that first necessary awareness into your sons. Driving home that second message to your daughter doesn't seem as if it will prove too great a challenge to you.

I will keep you in my prayers.
              His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy

Comment

Working...
              X