X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America faces catastrophic teacher shortage

More tiresome fearmongering from the liberal media again today. Apparently, there are teacher shortages across almost all of America. Why are America’s schools so short-staffed? Experts point to a confluence of factors.

“I have never seen it this bad” said Dan Domenech, executive director of the School Superintendents Association.

Meanwhile the Illinois Association of Regional School Superintendents found that 88 percent of school districts statewide were having “problems with teacher shortages.

Carlton Jenkins, superintendent of the Madison Metropolitan School District in Wisconsin, said teachers are so scarce.

“The political situation in the United States has created this shortage,” said Randi Weingarten, president of the American Federation of Teachers.

Temporary fixes are likely to harm students by diminishing their ability to learn, predicted Dawn Etcheverry, president of the Nevada State Education Association.

Danika Mills, state director of Unite Us, said this diminishment in the quality of education is coming at the worst possible moment.

"I think they’re doing whatever they can,” said Jeff Horn, executive director of the Clark County Association of School Administrators.

Andrew Spar, president of the Florida Education Association, said the need for teachers in his state is dire.

Amidst the liberal whining, decisive executive leadership action was finally taken by superintendent Carlton Jenkins:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...cher-shortage/

“We’re just going to go after them,” Jenkins said. Initial enticements will include “some immediate supplies. Every teacher likes their calendar, right? So we’re providing calendars, little things for them — and we have some other things planned that I don’t want to reveal, because I don’t want to ruin the surprise.”
    How exciting! Does anyone have the inside scoop on what the surprise is? Perhaps a new management layer to protect the integrity of the classroom experience? Or a bold initiative to submit teachers to proprietary performance metrics?
    If I have seen further, it is by standing on the heads of others.

Re: America faces catastrophic teacher shortage

If the big bosses are headed to the dollar stores for calendars, they may as well pick up pencils and fun erasers. That's a surefire motivation to take on a teaching career.
    His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy

Comment

Hallelujah! Public schools are hotbeds of liberal indoctrination. The fewer teachers there are, the less children will learn. Nothing breeds young conservatives better than not learning anything.
      The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

By calling up citizens to serve as teachers, say for three years, similar to being called up for jury service, the shortfall could be met immediately. And there's a real bonus: every citizen has a different speciality so the learner group would get a very broad education in real skills from the real world. No more doctrinaire theories about the proletariat, social anthropology, human geography whatever that is I just saw it on a list somewhere, Manx Gaelic history

Maria Montessori's sensorial philosophy, Elvish studies and/or the sociology of fame – these last two might be the same thing though. Such topics do not exist in the real world and by calling up people for a compulsory three year stint as teachers only useful subjects would be taught.

Comment

I've not been able to sleep wondering what Carlton Jenkins' surprise for teachers might be to go with their new calendar. I think I've guessed it: a tweet of himself on what looks like the North Korean news to advocate for teachers. Congratulations *slow clap*
          Attached Files

Comment

Every year there are a few thousand inmates released from jails and prisons. They are unemployed. Give them each a quick review of the material and put them to work as teachers. They cannot be worse than the Satan-loving teachers in our public schools right now.
            Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

Instead of teachers, perhaps the untaught students could pay to attend churches instead. Perhaps Landover could franchise out some low level types to recite the KJV1611 over and over which could replace "lessons"? All proceeds to the jet fund.
              READ THE BIBLE

Comment

There is a simple answer to this so-called crisis. Homeschooling. Why waste so much money on "training" teachers when Godly parents are able to teach their children well.

Phil
                58 If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this law that are written in this book, that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, THE LORD THY GOD; 59 Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance. 60 Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee. 61 Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the LORD bringk upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

Deuteronomy 28: 58- 61

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ander View Post
                  There is a simple answer to this so-called crisis. Homeschooling. Why waste so much money on "training" teachers when Godly parents are able to teach their children well.
                  Bingo, Phil. Bingo. This is how it worked for thousands of years until big government decided to teach everyone literacy. It's been downhill ever since.

Comment

What's important is not HOW they're taught to read but WHAT they're taught to read. All around us are ridiculous books and educational media promoting ideas nobody would ever come up with, let alone waste time thinking about, under the guise of teaching literacy. I won't promote any actual titles (they get enough of that already) but what they amount to is
                    My First Day At The Satanic Temple
                    UPPER and lower case letters explained through Church Arson
                    ; ! . Demonolatry & Punctuation , ? :
                    Verbs are DOING WORDS - The Cannibal Way To Dynamic Living
                    surely suggesting a need for reading primers about the need for Jesus and the fallen state of humanity causing so much pain, so many false religions and the crushing mass of secular ideology. Perhaps we could offer this essential message in a multimedia format?

Comment

As the (otherwise insane) Irishman George Bernard Shaw once wrote, "Those who can, do; those who can't, teach." And this, Brothers and Sisters, is the best argument for why children should be home-schooled by their mothers.
                      Vaccinated by the love of Jesus!!!

Comment

Perhaps as an incentive we could offer a free gift? There are some lovely vintage-style inkwells available together with more modern designs so a choice is available. Now that so many choose physicians over Christ it's more important than ever to get God back into the learning environment. Here's a small selection, together with a word of caution.

classicelegantmodern
                        A WORD OF CAUTION
                        Leaven within the learner group holds that “ink” is not a
                        writing material but a demonic imprint upon one's body.

It's essential when introducing ink to make clear that does NOT mean turning up with “ink” on the arm, or on the head, or on the indeterminate body part because whether of a jolly demon or a butterfly or a menacing devil the mind behind it all is the same mind. Satan's mind. Even for half-indoctrinated social democrats who think (or have been taught) that demons & devils are shorthand terms for complicated brain states or malfunctioning glands, patience is advised: just explain “ink” is the final stage of brain disorder or glandular dysfunction and when they ask why, then you can share The Gospel with them and explain how sin arose requiring Christ to be murdered so horribly using examples from Scripture, the best history lesson of all.

Comment

Working...
                        X