X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anniversary of Jimmy Swaggart's "I Have Sinned" Sermon

This was the week back in the 1980's when Jimmy stood before God, his wife and his congregation and admitted he sinned with a prostitute. We can thank Jesus he came back with a successful preaching and gospel music career.

While this was noble of Jimmy, I wonder if any justice was done to the harlot that took his money? As question like this needs to be answered before others pass judgment on Brother Jimmy.

Jimmy Swaggart I have sinned - YouTube

Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Re: Anniversary of Jimmy Swaggart's "I Have Sinned" Sermon

Pat Robertson was ram-rodded as well. I've been to Virginia Beach many, many times in the summer. Chock full of taught, muscular oiled many bodies, sweat glistening, swathed in tight leather.

As I understand it, Rev. Robertson had spent the day, on his knees for Jesus, on the boardwalk and on the seedy side alleys trying to lead young men away from a life of depravity and to his ministry where they could be Saved®.
    Parched, one of these fellows proffered a local establishment to get a cool drink of water. Unbeknownst to the reverend, some scoundrel slipped him a roofie and took advantage of his innocent and trusting nature. It seems, it is what them do there.
    I often have wanted to hold Rev. Robertson tight, rub his back and reassure him that it was OK. The Devil tempts. People fall off that fine line of Christianity all the time and can be forgiven if they pray (as the Rev. has) for forgiveness. Perhaps I could get Reverends Swaggart and Robertson and myself together for a three way prayer session.
    Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
    Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
    Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
    Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
    Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
    Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

Working...
    X