11-24-2007, 06:31 AM
Do you think we are ignorant?
If you are an atheist, and you are here to debate the existence of God with us, or to correct our understanding of science, then this section is for you.
Let me give you the following protips:
- First of all, I would like to encourage you to lurk a little more first. Read some old threads. See which arguments failed miserably before attempting them yourself. You might also find that we know far more about the nature of God than you give us credit for.
- Remain calm and reasonable. As a proud atheist, you certainly don't want to make the "fundies" appear to be more reasonable than the atheists.
- You are not going to convice us with appeals to science. We accept the Truth of the Bible over the findings of science. When the findings of science conflict with the teachings of Scripture, we will reject the findings of science every time.
- If you must appeal to science, be sure you have your facts straight. We don't trust the findings of science, but that doesn't mean we don't understand them. We understand science better than you think we do. When you have your science facts all wrong, and we call you on it, that must be extremely embarrassing for your side.
- Think for yourself. Don't just spout atheist propaganda that you have read on the internet. We have read it all already. We know all of the apologetics, counter-apologetics, counter-counter-apologetics, etc. If you don't have any original arguments for atheism, you have no business debating with seasoned fundamentalist Christians.
- Don't just copy and paste from the Skeptics Annotated Bible. I'm not going to discourage you from reading it, because at least you are reading the Bible and thinking about God's Word, snide comments in the margins notwithstanding. However, if you are just copying and pasting from it, or any other source, you are not thinking for yourself, and you will be dumbfounded when we tell you why each and every one of Steve Wells' objections is nonsense. You can read it, but don't use it as a substitute for thinking for yourself.
Upon request I will cite scripture for all these facts in God's Holy Word.
✝ This is a Christian community and we worship GOD of the Holy bible, the only Living GOD. We worship Jesus Christ, Son of GOD and Savior. Anything else is absurd. ✝
Trump / Arpaio 2016 -- The Government We Deserve