Ladies, recent comments by Republican Missouri senate nominee Todd Akin regarding his stance on abortion has come to the attention of Americans everywhere.
Now we here at Landover Baptist Church know very well that the LORD blesses and watches over His flock (Isaiah 61:9; Deuteronomy 28:8; Philippians 4:19). We also know that many women (and men - yikes!) have claimed
to have been raped. Clearly this means most of these people are NOT a part of the vine (John 15:1-2), which explains why God's Blessing has been justly denied them. In any case, let's look at some statistics. According to Crisis Connection
- Every 45 seconds someone in the United States is sexually assaulted.
- 1 out of every 7 women currently in college has been raped , however, 9 out of 10 women raped on campus never tell anyone about the rape.
- 1 in 10 men is raped in his lifetime, 1 in 7 of those victims will have been assaulted before the age of 18.
- More than 61.5% of rapes are never reported to law enforcement.
- Approximately 28% of rape victims are raped by their husbands, 35% by an acquaintance, and 17% by a relative other than spouse.
- 74% of sexual assaults are perpetrated by assailants well known to the victim.
- A female child victim is 7 times more likely to be re-victimized as an adult.
- Nearly 6 out of 10 sexual assaults occur at the victim’s home or the home of a friend, relative, or neighbor.
- 1 in 15 rape victims contract a sexually transmitted disease (STD) as a result of being raped.
- 1 in 15 rape victims become pregnant as a result of being raped.
- The United States has the world’s highest rape rate of all countries that publish such data- 13 times higher than England and more than 20 times higher than Japan.
- An American woman is 10 times more likely to be raped than to die in a car crash.
- 61% of rape victims are females under the age of 18.
Friends, this is a tragedy!
SO MANY WOMEN HATE MEN SO MUCH THEY WILL CRY "RAPE"
JUST TO SEE HIM UNJUSTLY PUNISHED BY THE STATE!
A predictable consequence of "Feminism" is a prejudice against
How do we know?
Because women who maintain Godly standards usually DON'T GET RAPED! Certainly not in this quantity!
So the first thing to do to avoid being raped, is to maintain Godly standards for yourself! Here are some things the LORD was careful to include in the Holy Bible. If it's in the Holy Bible, we know it must be the most important information in the world. Of course True Christians™ know why - it keeps us safe!
We know, for example, the LORD made men to be visually stimulated. They can't help it, and this is but one of the things Satan uses to try and win their souls.
And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
However, the LORD saw to it that devoted men would record the information we women need to do in order to keep from temping the men in our lives to stumble in sin (Romans 14:21). It is a very simple solution - a Godly, modest dress code.
Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
1 Peter 3:3
The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.
Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
IF you happen to be legitimately raped, that is, forced against your will, then you need not worry about getting pregnant. You see, our bodies were fearfully and wonderfully made! (Psalm 139:14) The LORD has provided within our bodies, the miraculous mechanics of thwarting unwanted seed!
Now, I hope you'll bear with me while I show you some medical pictures. You may want to usher small children and boys/men from the room before looking. These pictures, although not lewd or pornographic in any way, do depict the female anatomy and might be inappropriate for some people.
Perhaps our dear Brother, Professor Bessimer can help us understand all this technical and medical jargon, but in the mean time, I encourage you to "fear not"! (1 Peter 3:14)
As senate nominee Todd Akin explains, after much medical and scientific training,
“If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."
And do keep in mind, should the LORD send someone to forcibly impregnate you, each pregnancy is a gift from God! Why, as former Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee
explains, some "Forcible Rapes" created "Extraordinary" people!
“Ethel Waters, for example, was the result of a forcible rape,” Huckabee said on his radio show, according to the Los Angeles Times. “I used to work for James Robison back in the 1970s, he leads a large Christian organization. He, himself, was the result of a forcible rape. And so I know it happens, and yet even from those horrible, horrible tragedies of rape, which are inexcusable and indefensible, life has come and sometimes, you know, those people are able to do extraordinary things.”