This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reminder: God does not listen to the prayers of sinners.

Originally posted by King of Babylon View Post
    So you compare yourself to Jesus being totally sinless?

You know, Point of christianity is that Jesus died for all the people and their sins. So I dont see much sense here.
    No, more like Zacharias and Elisabeth.

Luke 1:5-6 THERE was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
    And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
    Praise and worship with Pastor Will. Services at 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Contact me. pastorwillsampson at gmail.com

Comment

I would consider myself a sinner (as all other human beings are aside from Christ) and I live a fantastic life wherein all my prayers are answered... as is stated in the bible Leviticus 19:12 "those who close their mind in self-righteousness and judgement of others are blind"

Much love

P.s does anyone know where I can get a durable bat to beat my wife and unborn fetus child with? I've been using a wooden one but my wifes head always splinters it!! HAHA

Comment

Originally posted by incapableofthought View Post
        I would consider myself a sinner (as all other human beings are aside from Christ) and I live a fantastic life wherein all my prayers are answered... as is stated in the bible Leviticus 19:12 "those who close their mind in self-righteousness and judgement of others are blind"

Much love

P.s does anyone know where I can get a durable bat to beat my wife and unborn fetus child with?
        Leviticus 19:12 says "And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD."

I don't see how this is relevant. Anyway, I prefer wooden ones. Hickory bats are nice. Still, I would not beat unborn baby with bat, there is line between love and hurting. I recommend to use open hand, but if you really have to, start using fists only after thrid trimester.

YiC,

Alphonse

Comment

Originally posted by incapableofthought View Post
          I would consider myself a sinner (as all other human beings are aside from Christ)...
          You are a sinner, and a filthy one at that, but we True Christians(tm) aren't anymore.

You see friend, he who abides in Jesus Christ is made sinfree (as 1 John 3:5-9 says).

Thus, Jesus expects True Christians(tm) to cast stones. Glory!
          Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

We are ALL sinners. Romans 3:23. For ALL have sinned. Does God not hear the prayer of the Christian?

Comment

Originally posted by mrkimharper View Post
              We are ALL sinners. Romans 3:23. For ALL have sinned. Does God not hear the prayer of the Christian?
              Nonsense! I am Saved® so I am free of sin!

1st John 1:7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

Revelation 1:5
              "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood"

1st John 3:9 "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."
              5 Reasons why GOD HATES WOMEN!
              To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
              James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

Comment

Originally posted by mrkimharper View Post
                Why do false Christians always quite reading Romans 3 at verse 23?

If they would actually continue reading their Bible, they would read that Paul explains that is before Salvation.

24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
                25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Comment

God listens to the prayers of all Christians. In his kind mercy, he is able to tolerate sinners and help them into a better lifestyle, to change their ways and become sinless, clean souls so that they may join him in Heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Logicaltight View Post
                    God listens to the prayers of all Christians. In his kind mercy, he is able to tolerate sinners and help them into a better lifestyle, to change their ways and become sinless, clean souls so that they may join him in Heaven.
                    Then why does the Bible have a list of people and times where God refuses to listen to them?

Deuteronomy 1:45, 3:26 ; 2 Samuel 22:42 ; Job 27:9 ; Job 35:12 Job 35:13 ; Psalms 18:41, 66:18 ; Proverbs 1:24-28 ; Proverbs 15:8 Proverbs 15:29 ; Proverbs 21:13 Proverbs 21:27, 28:9 ; Isaiah 1:15, 45:19. 59:2 ; Jeremiah 11:11, 14:12, 15:1, 18:17 ; Lamentations 3:8 Lamentations 3:44 ; Ezekiel 8:18 ; Ezekiel 20:3 Ezekiel 20:31 ; Hosea 5:6 ; Micah 3:4 ; Zechariah 7:12-13 ; Malachi 1:9, 2:11-13 ; John 9:31 ; James 1:6 James 1:7, 4:3 ; 1 Peter 3:7

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
                      Nonsense! I am Saved® so I am free of sin!

1st John 1:7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

Revelation 1:5
                      "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood"

1st John 3:9 "Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."
                      Originally posted by Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson View Post
                      Then why does the Bible have a list of people and times where God refuses to listen to them?

Deuteronomy 1:45, 3:26 ; 2 Samuel 22:42 ; Job 27:9 ; Job 35:12 Job 35:13 ; Psalms 18:41, 66:18 ; Proverbs 1:24-28 ; Proverbs 15:8 Proverbs 15:29 ; Proverbs 21:13 Proverbs 21:27, 28:9 ; Isaiah 1:15, 45:19. 59:2 ; Jeremiah 11:11, 14:12, 15:1, 18:17 ; Lamentations 3:8 Lamentations 3:44 ; Ezekiel 8:18 ; Ezekiel 20:3 Ezekiel 20:31 ; Hosea 5:6 ; Micah 3:4 ; Zechariah 7:12-13 ; Malachi 1:9, 2:11-13 ; John 9:31 ; James 1:6 James 1:7, 4:3 ; 1 Peter 3:7
                      If the Bible says so, and in multiple circumstances, then you must be correct. However, EVERYBODY has the opportunity to leave behind being a sinner. Simply by going to Reconciliation and seeking God's forgiveness through a priest, one can cleanse themself of sin. From then, if they live true and faithful lives and confess their since to God, they can make it into the kingdom of Heaven.

Comment

I'm sorry, I accidentally double quoted; Cranky Old Man, I did not mean to have your quote there, sorry. I'm not very used to using forums, such as this one.

Comment

If the Bible says so, and in multiple circumstances, then you must be correct. However, EVERYBODY has the opportunity to leave behind being a sinner. Simply by going to Reconciliation and seeking God's forgiveness through a priest, one can cleanse themself of sin. From then, if they live true and faithful lives and confess their since to God, they can make it into the kingdom of Heaven.
                          We aren't ring kissing papists here, but confessing your sins, asking for forgiveness, being baptized, and sinning no more is correct.

I'm sorry, I accidentally double quoted; Cranky Old Man, I did not mean to have your quote there, sorry. I'm not very used to using forums, such as this one.
                          It's okay. You got mine too.

Comment

God listens to the prayers of everyone! Everyone of you has lied within the past month, which makes you a sinner, and hence, God will not, according to this thread, listen to your prayers. Go ahead and block me if you see fit, but this has been on my heart, and I want someone to earnestly argue. The trend on this site, from what I can see, is to quote scripture instead of using your own ideas. This site even has a quiz where you decide if an individual will go to Heaven or to hell! Where does it give us in the Bible the authority to judge people, which is exactly what it is!

Comment

Originally posted by S-C-3-1-3 View Post
                              God listens to the prayers of everyone!
                              Did you not read the slew scriptures I left for you in posts 1 and 3?

Everyone of you has lied within the past month,
                              Lies!
                              God hates liars, son.

Proverbs 6:16-19 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
                              A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
                              An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
                              A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

The trend on this site, from what I can see, is to quote scripture instead of using your own ideas.
                              It's a Christian site. What would you expect?

This site even has a quiz where you decide if an individual will go to Heaven or to hell! Where does it give us in the Bible the authority to judge people, which is exactly what it is!
                              It's based on what the scriptures say. Pastor Deacon Fred has meticulously cross-referenced those quizzes.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson View Post
                                Did you not read the slew scriptures I left for you in posts 1 and 3?

Lies!
                                God hates liars, son.

Proverbs 6:16-19 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
                                A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
                                An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
                                A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

It's a Christian site. What would you expect?

It's based on what the scriptures say. Pastor Deacon Fred has meticulously cross-referenced those quizzes.
                                Yes, I read them, and no, it is not a lie, rather it is a fact. I did not say it was a big lie, it could be very small, but for example, when a police pulls you over for speeding, and says you were speeding, and your initial response is no, that is a lie. I never said it is big. And yes, I expect scripture, but you can paraphrase or give it some context. If I handed in a literary essay with a whole bunch of quotes without analyzing them, I'd fail...

This article is very sad: "http://www.landoverbaptist.org/sermons/cantwait.html" God does not want us to punch anyone in any circumstance! Let's wait for someone on here to whip out his or her concordance and yank a verse out of historical context and spew it at me.

Comment

Working...
                                X