X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Elmer G. White
    replied
    Re: Hiiii

    Originally posted by BiHeathen View Post
    The bible deals with plenty of metaphors that are meant to be interpreted. Also, your scripture only talks about prophesy.
    "Prophecy"?
    noun, plural prophecies. the foretelling or prediction of what is to come.
    1 Timothy 2:15
    Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

    "Shall"?
    Will and shall are modal verbs. They are used with the base form of the main verb (They will go; I shall ask her). Shall is only used for future time reference ... is more formal than will.
    Prophecy = prediction of future things. Shall = a modal verb about the future. -> Shall contains a prophecy by definition.

    2 Peter 1:20
    Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.


    Thus, this means that predictions of future things are included. "She shall" is included. No private interpretation allowed. Q.E.D.

    Please tell me that you at least can make a wicked pie called the Sachertorte, as it would really please your future husband!


    Yours on Christ,

    Elmer

    Leave a comment:


  • BiHeathen
    replied
    Re: Hiiii

    Originally posted by Pim Pendergast View Post
    Everyone has sinned (Rom 3:23). True Christians can no longer sin. It would be like killing Jesus all over again.
    So I'm guessing you are not a True Christian


    Luke 6:37
    37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:


    So, maybe take the plank of wood out of your own eye before you take the speck out of my eye


    Have a great day

    Leave a comment:


  • BiHeathen
    replied
    Re: Hiiii

    Originally posted by Elmer G. White View Post
    I am also more than a bit worried about the interpretation part, as it is one of the things assessed in the Bible itself!

    2 Peter 1:20
    Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
    The bible deals with plenty of metaphors that are meant to be interpreted. Also, your scripture only talks about prophesy.


    Originally posted by Elmer G. White View Post


    It is sad that you have lost many of the nice rural traditions of your country, but perhaps you still play the alpenhorn?
    I'm Australian, not Austrian


    Have a great day

    Leave a comment:


  • Elmer G. White
    replied
    Re: Hiiii

    Originally posted by BiHeathen View Post
    But I believe in God???
    Jesus told us that boasting is not enough.

    Matthew 7:21
    Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

    You also have to do the Will of God, and some aspects of this (childbearing, one flesh, not making private interpretations, etc.) have now been explained to you, so every sane person would now Repent and join us in Worship!



    Yours in Christ,

    Elmer

    Leave a comment:


  • BiHeathen
    replied
    Re: Hiiii

    Originally posted by Pim Pendergast View Post
    What do you mean by "being nice to each other"? It may be necessary to rebuke a sinner. Is that "being nice"?
    Lev 19:17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.

    Well the verse you are quoting is obviously about condemning from love, which is about being nice so
    Originally posted by Pim Pendergast View Post
    You should refer to the verses that immediately follow.

    Jn 3:18-20
    But I believe in God???


    Leave a comment:


  • Basilissa
    replied
    Re: Hiiii

    Originally posted by BiHeathen View Post
    I am sorry if I was misconstrued as boasting. I am simply saying that there are issues with the conservative belief, such as that they dont align with passage of scripture referenced.
    I guess I'm not sure what do you mean by conservative belief. What we believe is that the Bible is the Word of God and it is to be followed. Is that a conservative belief?

    Are you saying that you have never disobeyed the Word of God? Because Romans 3:10 clearly states As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

    Really? See Romans 3:10 again. No one is without sin, everyone messes up, but nobody is above anyone else except for the Lord Jesus Christ
    That was before we were Saved:

    Romans 6:20-23
    20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

    21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
    22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
    23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.


    I hope that was helpful, dear.

    Leave a comment:


  • BiHeathen
    replied
    Re: Hiiii

    Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
    Are you boasting, dear?
    I am sorry if I was misconstrued as boasting. I am simply saying that there are issues with the conservative belief, such as that they dont align with passage of scripture referenced.

    Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
    Those who do not believe in Jesus are going to Hell. No matter how good people they are.


    Well good thing I believe in God then

    Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
    You have to follow the Word of God 100%. One little omission and you're going to Hell:
    Are you saying that you have never disobeyed the Word of God? Because Romans 3:10 clearly states As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:



    Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
    Yeah, but that only applies to those who believe in Jesus and follow the Bible 100%.
    Really? See Romans 3:10 again. No one is without sin, everyone messes up, but nobody is above anyone else except for the Lord Jesus Christ


    May God bless you and have a wonderful day


    Leave a comment:


  • Basilissa
    replied
    Re: Hiiii

    Originally posted by BiHeathen View Post
    Did you not read the word celibate?

    Yes, I am not perfect, I do have lustful thoughts. However, I repent to God after it happens and try to not as much as possible.
    The fact that you are a self-admitted repeated offender shows that you do not walk with God:

    Psalm 119:1-3
    1 ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
    2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
    3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.

    Everyone sins,
    Wrong.

    1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

    and no one sin is worse than another
    Wrong again.

    Matthew 12:31-32
    31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
    32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

    Refresh your memory of John 3:16
    And as I already told you, keep reading to John 3:18.

    May God bless you, and have a great day
    Repent for your sins and accept Jesus into your heart!

    I will pray for you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pim Pendergast
    replied
    Re: Hiiii

    Originally posted by BiHeathen View Post
    Yes, I am not perfect, I do have lustful thoughts. However, I repent to God after it happens and try to not as much as possible. Everyone sins, and no one sin is worse than another
    Everyone has sinned (Rom 3:23). True Christians can no longer sin. It would be like killing Jesus all over again.

    Heb 10:26-31
    26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
    27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
    28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
    29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
    30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
    31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

    Leave a comment:


  • Elmer G. White
    replied
    Re: Hiiii

    Originally posted by BiHeathen View Post
    Interpretations of this verse vary. It does say she is saved in childbearing, not by it. This likely refers to the pains of childbearing.
    How could you have pains in childbearing if you didn't actually give birth? I am also more than a bit worried about the interpretation part, as it is one of the things assessed in the Bible itself!

    2 Peter 1:20
    Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

    If God really said that you had to procreate in order to go to Heaven, what would happen to the infertile women? Would they be damned to hell?
    Yes. God did Create some people to populate Hell.

    Psalm 58:3
    The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.


    Proverbs 16:4
    The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

    Thank you I don't live in the mountains, I live in a suburbian neighbourhood. I don't know where you got that idea from.

    May God bless you and have a great day
    It is sad that you have lost many of the nice rural traditions of your country, but perhaps you still play the alpenhorn?


    Yours in Christ,

    Elmer

    Leave a comment:


  • Pim Pendergast
    replied
    Re: Hiiii

    Originally posted by BiHeathen View Post
    Sorry to burst your comfortable little conservative bubble, but part of the way to get into heaven is by being nice. Maybe refresh your memory of Matthew 25:31-46. I don't think conservatives are especially following this part of the bible
    What do you mean by "being nice to each other"? It may be necessary to rebuke a sinner. Is that "being nice"?

    Lev 19:17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.


    Also, refer John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    I can get to heaven without being conservative thank you very much
    You should refer to the verses that immediately follow.

    Jn 3:18-20
    18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
    20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.



    Please refer to Galatians 3:28-There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

    So "betters" don't really exist
    You are required to subject yourself to the authorities God has placed over you. You should obey secular authorities, church authorities and, if your a woman, your husband.

    1 Pet 2:13-17
    13 Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme;
    14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.
    15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
    16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.
    17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

    Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

    Eph 5:22-24
    22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
    23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
    24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.


    You would do well to heed Pastor Ezekiel's advice.

    Leave a comment:


  • BiHeathen
    replied
    Re: Hiiii

    Originally posted by Basilissa View Post

    Nope.

    1 Corinthians 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
    Did you not read the word celibate?


    Originally posted by Basilissa View Post

    If they lust but don't act upon it, that's still a sin:

    Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
    Yes, I am not perfect, I do have lustful thoughts. However, I repent to God after it happens and try to not as much as possible. Everyone sins, and no one sin is worse than another


    Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
    Of course God will bless us, and send you to Hell.

    Refresh your memory of John 3:16


    May God bless you, and have a great day

    Leave a comment:


  • BiHeathen
    replied
    Re: Hiiii

    Originally posted by Elmer G. White View Post
    Dear Miss Bih,
    That isn't my name, it is Olivia.

    Originally posted by Elmer G. White View Post
    Please be very careful with your attempts at 2 Timothy 4:3. You should also bear in mind that you will have to procreate in order to gain the entrance ticket into Heaven!

    1 Timothy 2:15
    Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
    Interpretations of this verse vary. It does say she is saved in childbearing, not by it. This likely refers to the pains of childbearing. If God really said that you had to procreate in order to go to Heaven, what would happen to the infertile women? Would they be damned to hell?

    How to procreate? There are also clear instructions on the correct procedure how to do that!

    Matthew 19:5
    And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? [/QUOTE]

    Like I said, I believe in a celibate relationship, so that doesn't affect me.


    Originally posted by Elmer G. White View Post
    I still see enourmous promise in you. We have quite a few eligible bachelors in our congregation and they are continuously seeking repented sinners for spouses. Meanwhile, how's life in the mountains? Can you do yodeling? Do you wear the Tyrolean hat only during leisure or also to Church (it might be enough to satisfy 1 Corinthians 11:5-6)?


    Thank you I don't live in the mountains, I live in a suburbian neighbourhood. I don't know where you got that idea from.


    May God bless you and have a great day

    Leave a comment:


  • Basilissa
    replied
    Re: Hiiii

    Originally posted by BiHeathen View Post
    Sorry to burst your comfortable little conservative bubble, but part of the way to get into heaven is by being nice. Maybe refresh your memory of Matthew 25:31-46. I don't think conservatives are especially following this part of the bible
    Are you boasting, dear?

    Ephesians 2:8-9
    8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

    Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;


    Also, refer John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    Keep reading, dear:

    John 3:18
    He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

    Those who do not believe in Jesus are going to Hell. No matter how good people they are.

    I can get to heaven without being conservative thank you very much
    You have to follow the Word of God 100%. One little omission and you're going to Hell:

    James 2:10
    For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

    Please refer to Galatians 3:28-There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
    So "betters" don't really exist
    Yeah, but that only applies to those who believe in Jesus and follow the Bible 100%.

    May God bless you and have a lovely day
    Thank you dear!

    Leave a comment:


  • Basilissa
    replied
    Re: Hiiii

    Hi, sweetie, and to our Godly forum!

    Originally posted by BiHeathen View Post
    Hi Sorry, I prefer to speak English and use a translation that isn't incorrect when I quote the bible


    KJV = King James Version.

    I believe that God blesses celibate monogamous gay relationships,
    Nope.

    1 Corinthians 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

    as the bible only condemns gay s*x, not being gay itself.
    If they lust but don't act upon it, that's still a sin:

    Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.


    And if they don't feel anything towards a person of the same sex, then they're not homosexual.

    So, I believe I don't need to change

    May God bless you and have a wonderful day
    Of course God will bless us, and send you to Hell.

    Praise !

    Leave a comment:

Working...