X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Vengeance Puriel
    Striving in vain for the good ol' corteous Edwardian grace
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2018
    • 324

    #31
    Re: Thank You for Having Me

    Originally posted by Jim C. Lombardo View Post
    I misread that as farts. Old eyes, I'm pushing 70, you understand.
    I thought you were younger honestly.
    -Ps 25:10 All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
    -Ps 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
    -James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

    Comment

    • Thomas Taylor
      Forum Member
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2012
      • 1486

      #32
      Re: Thank You for Having Me

      Hello Elizabeth,

      Welcome to the friendly forums. Are you by any chance related to Heinrich Mueller? I met him many years ago in Berlin and found him to be a very interesting person. He told me a lot of very funny stories about his old job.


      Anyway, on to more important things. I see from your introduction that you are a Lutheran. My dear, that is just like being a Catholic. Why not just take the time to listen to the sound advice being given by the True Christian folk of Landover and see how it changes your life. It worked for me.


      YIC
      TT
      Isaiah 66:15

      For behold, the Lord wil come with fire, and with his charets like a whirlewinde, to render his anger with furie, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

      Comment

      • Jim C. Lombardo
        Confirmed Enemy of God
        BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured
        • Aug 2014
        • 565

        #33
        Re: Thank You for Having Me

        Originally posted by Vengeance Puriel View Post
        I thought you were younger honestly.


        I'm 62. Jesus has blessed me with youthful attributes mercifully unbesmirched by my prior Godless habits before life at Landover. Thank you for noticing.

        Comment

        • BrotherLarry
          Revelationary Equine Gnathologist for Christ
          True Christian™
          • Sep 2014
          • 2266

          #34
          Re: Thank You for Having Me

          Originally posted by Jim C. Lombardo View Post
          I'm 62. Jesus has blessed me with youthful attributes mercifully unbesmirched by my prior Godless habits before life at Landover. Thank you for noticing.
          Brother Jim,

          I noticed.


          BrotherLarry
          Proverbs 21:31 KJV 1611:
          “The horse is prepared against the day of battell: but safetie is of the Lord.”

          Lord, may I serve my equine brothers and sisters just as I do my fellow man.
          Amen and Amen

          Comment

          • Dana723
            Forum member
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2017
            • 771

            #35
            Re: Thank You for Having Me

            28 and no kids? Why, by the time I was 28, I had been married and had four strapping young lads, all eager and ready to serve our Lord! Number five didn't come until I was 30 and I thought he was menopause.
            Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
            1 Corinthians 11:13

            Comment

            • MitzaLizalor
              Completely CRAZY for the Lord
              True Christian™
              • Sep 2010
              • 14693

              #36
              Re: Thank You for Having Me

              Jesus calls one as a child, another aged 100. It may be expected that many years in Him would lead to greater understanding, possibly of benefit to others, but that is not necessarily so.
              Originally posted by ElizabethMueller View Post
              I accepted Jesus as my savior when I was eight years old
              Hebrews 5:12 When for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

              Originally posted by ElizabethMueller View Post
              My views on Jesus are based on the Bible.
              Hebrews 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

              Originally posted by ElizabethMueller View Post
              I fully support gay marriage
              Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

              Jesus is God. Where in the Gospel is any retraction of the Commandment He gave us concerning the gay? Anyone basing their views about Jesus on the Bible would surely have such a reference handy because the topic is quite in the news, day after day interminably. It would be possible not to form an opinion but here we're dealing with an opinion supposedly based on The Bible yet seeming to contradict it. Which means contradicting God.

              Now it's also possible to form views about Jesus based on The Bible and conclude that He was a deluded freak or a composite fiction or even the harbinger of great evil. There are people like that in the world and they do base their views on The Bible. For them, love is completely alien to Jesus and altogether absent from either the Old or the New Testament. The Bible, they claim, catalogues an oeuvre of genocide, extortion, rape, murder and slavery on a hitherto unimaginable scale which if followed would create a living hell for all concerned except maybe a privileged elite raking in all the booty.

              So there are two choices: either The Bible is true and should be accepted on its merits or The Bible is not true and anyone claiming it is must be deluded or lying. There is a Jesus in both cases. How can we understand His position on homoerotic attraction other than by reading The Bible? And if our own opinions contradict The Bible which should we discard? The source we disagree with? Or the position we've formulated for ourselves.

              You can't have both.

              Comment

              • James Hutchins
                True Christian™
                Just a Regular Nice Guy
                 
                • Jun 2009
                • 29457

                #37
                Re: Thank You for Having Me

                Originally posted by ElizabethMueller View Post
                You can preach about how great Trump is but that doesn't put him above God like conservatives do. Want to say they don't? Look around.

                Sorry, sweetie. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

                Also, you completely avoided my question. Where was God during Obama's election, then? Oh, I know. You don't have an answer. Don't even bother trying.

                Also, I did respond to your ridiculous questions. I said I used to attend a Lutheran church and do not have a favorite Bible verse.

                Seriously? piffle off.
                Ma'am, the Church Board asks all females to stay in the MenstrHut® until Auntei Flo's visit is over and the place fumigated. It is highly inappropriate to subject LBC men to the side effects of you 'problem'.
                Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
                Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
                Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
                Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
                Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

                Comment

                Working...