X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jake Ruby
    Confirmed Enemy of God
    • Aug 2009
    • 56

    #16
    Re: sorry

    Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
    You are a lazy slob who isn't willing to finish his homework nor write a proper sentence and you're going to hell because of it. If you can't care enough to make an effort to write in proper American English, how can you expect us to care about what you write?
    I have made every effort to write to my utmost ability since I was asked to (oops, I can not end my sentence with a preposition so I must revise)...ehem...do so (that is better). There you go with the contraction "can't". Now is that not a just a lazy way to spell "can not" (the same goes for "isn't" and "is not)? How do you know I do not finish my homework? I do care about grammar, but I do not expect you to care about what I write. I only hope so.

    Comment

    • Nobar King
      Municipal Code Archivist - Deuteronomy 28:58
      Christ's Guardian
      True Christian™
      • Sep 2007
      • 23748

      #17
      Re: sorry

      Originally posted by Jake Ruby View Post
      I have made every effort to write to my utmost ability since I was asked to (oops, I can not end my sentence with a preposition so I must revise)...ehem...do so (that is better). There you go with the contraction "can't". Now is that not a just a lazy way to spell "can not" (the same goes for "isn't" and "is not)? How do you know I do not finish my homework? I do care about grammar, but I do not expect you to care about what I write. I only hope so.
      When are you going to learn that you aren't special. You are just another snot nosed kid who thinks that the rules don't apply to him. Is there some reason why the rest of us are able to write normal American, but it's so hard for you? Are you a retarded, or were you born in the UK? And STOP CALLING ME LAZY! So far you have singled me out for using COMMON CONTRACTIONS AND ABBREVIATIONS, whereas you are too lazy to figure out how to use a dictionary or a keyboard.

      When you are finally able to get it right, come back and THEN we'll talk.
      May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

      Comment

      • Jake Ruby
        Confirmed Enemy of God
        • Aug 2009
        • 56

        #18
        Re: sorry

        Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
        When are you going to learn that you aren't special. You are just another snot nosed kid who thinks that the rules don't apply to him. Is there some reason why the rest of us are able to write normal American, but it's so hard for you? Are you a retarded, or were you born in the UK? And STOP CALLING ME LAZY! So far you have singled me out for using COMMON CONTRACTIONS AND ABBREVIATIONS, whereas you are too lazy to figure out how to use a dictionary or a keyboard.

        When you are finally able to get it right, come back and THEN we'll talk.
        I clearly told you that it was sarcasm and that I do not think you are lazy. I do not know you so how could I formulate such and opinion? You, on the other hand, have done nothing but attack me. When did it become lazy to write informally on an internet forum? Obviously, you value formal American on this forum so I have tried to abide by it since Pastor Ezekiel asked me to do so, but you have continued to attack me ever since I changed. You should look at all of my posts since I told Pastor Ezekiel I would oblige. I have capitalized the start of every sentence. Since then, however, I have continued to point out little idiosyncrasies that judging others on a relative term such as laziness brings out. Common contractions and abbreviations are indeed lazy because people only use them to get out of spelling whole words. I don't criticise you for their use for I think there is nothing wrong with using them. However, if I am criticised by you on a directly related principle, you should expect me to point out the hypocracy.

        Comment

        • Jake Ruby
          Confirmed Enemy of God
          • Aug 2009
          • 56

          #19
          Re: sorry

          [QUOTE=Nobar King;376965]You are just another snot nosed kid who thinks that the rules don't apply to him. QUOTE]

          I would like to point out that the whole point of starting this thread was an attmept to abide by your rules. I do not wish to break any rules as I am a guest at your foru. Notice the title "sorry". I labeled it this because I had previously and unintentionally broken one of your rules.

          Comment

          • Nobar King
            Municipal Code Archivist - Deuteronomy 28:58
            Christ's Guardian
            True Christian™
            • Sep 2007
            • 23748

            #20
            Re: sorry

            Originally posted by Jake Ruby View Post
            Common contractions and abbreviations are indeed lazy because people only use them to get out of spelling whole words.
            They are not lazy, they're common because everyone uses them and they're part of the English language. Lazy is when you couldn't be bothered to re-read your post to determine whether you actually wrote what you meant to write.

            When did it become lazy to write informally on an internet forum?
            You can call being a lazy writer 'informal' but the truth is that your fingers don't follow what your brain is thinking, and your eyes can't see the difference.

            You have a lot of nerve calling ME a hypocrite.
            May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

            Comment

            • Jake Ruby
              Confirmed Enemy of God
              • Aug 2009
              • 56

              #21
              Re: sorry

              [QUOTE=Nobar King;377012]They are not lazy, they're common because everyone uses them and they're part of the English language. Lazy is when you couldn't be bothered to re-read your post to determine whether you actually wrote what you meant to write. [\QUOTE]

              They are commonly lazy and created for the sake of laziness. Do you not still understand what I write though? I think it is trivial to pick fights over something like this.

              Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
              You have a lot of nerve calling ME a hypocrite.
              So you are beyond reproach?

              Comment

              • Nobar King
                Municipal Code Archivist - Deuteronomy 28:58
                Christ's Guardian
                True Christian™
                • Sep 2007
                • 23748

                #22
                Re: sorry

                Originally posted by Jake Ruby View Post
                Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
                They are not lazy, they're common because everyone uses them and they're part of the English language. Lazy is when you couldn't be bothered to re-read your post to determine whether you actually wrote what you meant to write.
                They are commonly lazy and created for the sake of laziness. Do you not still understand what I write though? I think it is trivial to pick fights over something like this.
                I'm trying to understand what you write, but I'm not too sure that you do. Contractions are meant to make writing easy and understandable. Everyone uses them, not just the lazy. You're just lazy.

                So you are beyond reproach?
                I don't cotton to being judged by people who aren't True Christians, or people who are younger than I am.
                May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

                Comment

                • Jake Ruby
                  Confirmed Enemy of God
                  • Aug 2009
                  • 56

                  #23
                  Re: sorry

                  [QUOTE=Nobar King;377023]I'm trying to understand what you write, but I'm not too sure that you do. Contractions are meant to make writing easy and understandable. Everyone uses them, not just the lazy. You're just lazy.[\QUOTE]
                  Contractions are indeed meant to make writing easy and understandable. Isn't that the ultimate goal of laziness? To make things easier.
                  and what about abbreviations?

                  Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
                  I don't cotton to being judged by people who aren't True Christians, or people who are younger than I am.
                  I tell you that I am a Christian by the only sense of the word. I thought you might bring up the age issue, but I feel that is a cheap cop-out for accountability. Does the story of David and Goliath in 1 Samuel 17 teach us nothing? It shows that David, despite his inferiority in terms of age, was much more akin to God's bidding than those older than him who were too chicken and lacked enough faith in God to take a stand against the Philistines. I don't understand why you are so obssessed with attacking me about this grammar issue. I have seens many respectable forum members (according to True Christian status) type with much worse clarity than I have. Are you really attacking me in a crusade for God, or just for the sake of demeaning others to make yourself look better. I would rather talk about Jesus and the Bible than something as trivial as not making any typos. Thisseems too much to ask though.

                  Comment

                  • Rev. Jim Osborne
                    True Christian™ Televangelist
                    Director of Fundraising and Tithing
                    On the Look Out for Wife #6!
                    True Christian™
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 8622

                    #24
                    Re: sorry

                    Originally posted by Jake Ruby View Post
                    I tell you that I am a Christian by the only sense of the word. I thought you might bring up the age issue, but I feel that is a cheap cop-out for accountability. Does the story of David and Goliath in 1 Samuel 17 teach us nothing? It shows that David, despite his inferiority in terms of age, was much more akin to God's bidding than those older than him who were too chicken and lacked enough faith in God to take a stand against the Philistines. I don't understand why you are so obssessed with attacking me about this grammar issue. I have seens many respectable forum members (according to True Christian status) type with much worse clarity than I have. Are you really attacking me in a crusade for God, or just for the sake of demeaning others to make yourself look better. I would rather talk about Jesus and the Bible than something as trivial as not making any typos. Thisseems too much to ask though.
                    Hmm...the story of David and Goliath has nothing to do with age. I think you're just twisting the Bible to suit your own viewpoint. If anything, it teaches us that those who have the backing of God will prevail. Funny, isn't it? The whole story pretty much shows that Landover is right and you are wrong.

                    Watch the #1 Televangelist Gospel Hour in the World! "Turn or Burn: Accept Christ or Go to Hell with Rev. Jim Osborne." Check your local cable listings.

                    Comment

                    • Jake Ruby
                      Confirmed Enemy of God
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 56

                      #25
                      Re: sorry

                      Originally posted by Rev. Jim Osborne View Post
                      Hmm...the story of David and Goliath has nothing to do with age. I think you're just twisting the Bible to suit your own viewpoint. If anything, it teaches us that those who have the backing of God will prevail. Funny, isn't it? The whole story pretty much shows that Landover is right and you are wrong.
                      Age is the point. To quote you "those who have the backing of God will prevail" no matter what age they are (David, much younger than the rest, was the one God chose to carry out his will. His show of faith rebuked those who were older and stronger than him yet did nothing). That is my entire point, Nobar should not discount me on account of my age. All that truly matters is who is following the will of God. How does this make me wrong for that was what I wanted to convey? I am not disagreeing with Landover in this instance either, just merely saying that age is not a modifier which makes one's statements invald Nobar should not have said so.

                      Comment

                      • Rev. Jim Osborne
                        True Christian™ Televangelist
                        Director of Fundraising and Tithing
                        On the Look Out for Wife #6!
                        True Christian™
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 8622

                        #26
                        Re: sorry

                        Originally posted by Jake Ruby View Post
                        Age is the point. To quote you "those who have the backing of God will prevail" no matter what age they are (David, much younger than the rest, was the one God chose to carry out his will. His show of faith rebuked those who were older and stronger than him yet did nothing). That is my entire point, Nobar should not discount me on account of my age. All that truly matters is who is following the will of God. How does this make me wrong for that was what I wanted to convey? I am not disagreeing with Landover in this instance either, just merely saying that age is not a modifier which makes one's statements invald Nobar should not have said so.
                        If you're going to claim that age was what caused God to side with David then you might as well make the ridiculous claim that obviously God prefers shorter people verses tall ones. Can you show me Scriptural verse where it says that David prevailed because of age? Show me Scripture where God wanted to sock it to all those "older people".

                        Watch the #1 Televangelist Gospel Hour in the World! "Turn or Burn: Accept Christ or Go to Hell with Rev. Jim Osborne." Check your local cable listings.

                        Comment

                        • Jake Ruby
                          Confirmed Enemy of God
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 56

                          #27
                          Re: sorry

                          Originally posted by Rev. Jim Osborne View Post
                          If you're going to claim that age was what caused God to side with David then you might as well make the ridiculous claim that obviously God prefers shorter people verses tall ones. Can you show me Scriptural verse where it says that David prevailed because of age? Show me Scripture where God wanted to sock it to all those "older people".
                          You're misunderstanding my point. I am not claiming that in the least bit. I am saying precisely what you are...that age has nothing to do with whom God sides with. Nobar claimed MY age prevented me from being a worthy enough Christian to criticize him. I provided the David and Goliath story to show that age has nothing to do with it. God sides with whoever he pleases regardless of age. David in this instance was young (I am NOT saying that was why God sided with him) and God sided with him. I was just showing that, although I am young, I am still capable of following the will of God.

                          Comment

                          • Rev. Jim Osborne
                            True Christian™ Televangelist
                            Director of Fundraising and Tithing
                            On the Look Out for Wife #6!
                            True Christian™
                            • Jun 2009
                            • 8622

                            #28
                            Re: sorry

                            Originally posted by Jake Ruby View Post
                            You're misunderstanding my point. I am not claiming that in the least bit. I am saying precisely what you are...that age has nothing to do with whom God sides with. Nobar claimed MY age prevented me from being a worthy enough Christian to criticize him. I provided the David and Goliath story to show that age has nothing to do with it. God sides with whoever he pleases regardless of age. David in this instance was young (I am NOT saying that was why God sided with him) and God sided with him. I was just showing that, although I am young, I am still capable of following the will of God.
                            Okay, I can see your point but it still gets you nowhere. God sides with those who follow him. Nobar is a True Christian(tm) and is on God's side. You on the other hand oppose God.

                            1 Samuel 17:26 And David spake to the men that stood by him, saying, What shall be done to the man that killeth this Philistine, and taketh away the reproach from Israel? for who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?

                            We can see in this verse that Goliath defied God, just like what you're doing right now.

                            Watch the #1 Televangelist Gospel Hour in the World! "Turn or Burn: Accept Christ or Go to Hell with Rev. Jim Osborne." Check your local cable listings.

                            Comment

                            • Jake Ruby
                              Confirmed Enemy of God
                              • Aug 2009
                              • 56

                              #29
                              Re: sorry

                              Originally posted by Rev. Jim Osborne View Post
                              Okay, I can see your point but it still gets you nowhere. God sides with those who follow him.
                              Cool. I'm glad I was able to reach some sort of consensus with someone. You seems more reasonable than others.

                              Originally posted by Rev. Jim Osborne View Post
                              Nobar is a True Christian™ and is on God's side. You on the other hand oppose God.

                              1 Samuel 17:26 And David spake to the men that stood by him, saying, What shall be done to the man that killeth this Philistine, and taketh away the reproach from Israel? for who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?

                              We can see in this verse that Goliath defied God, just like what you're doing right now.
                              Nobar is NOT God. That is blasphemy. To say that my defying Nobar is defying God is saying that Nobar is the same as God. I do NOT oppose God and do not defy him by asking Nobar to take back his statement about my age. I only want to praise God and this whole argument stemmed from the fact that I would rather talk about Jesus than American gramamar.

                              Comment

                              • Rev. Jim Osborne
                                True Christian™ Televangelist
                                Director of Fundraising and Tithing
                                On the Look Out for Wife #6!
                                True Christian™
                                • Jun 2009
                                • 8622

                                #30
                                Re: sorry

                                Originally posted by Jake Ruby View Post
                                Nobar is NOT God. That is blasphemy. To say that my defying Nobar is defying God is saying that Nobar is the same as God. I do NOT oppose God and do not defy him by asking Nobar to take back his statement about my age. I only want to praise God and this whole argument stemmed from the fact that I would rather talk about Jesus than American gramamar.
                                I never said Nobar was God. If you want to use the story of David and Goliath as a relevant metaphor to this situation, then Nobar is David and you are Goliath. God will side with those who follow Him. I think you're beating a dead horse with this "grammar issue". What is important to talk about, Jake, is your Salvation(c). You may think you are Saved(c) but have you truly read the entire Bible? Do you realize what God commands of us? I don't say this to be condescending, but I would hope you would open your eyes and realize just what it means to be a True Christian(tm).

                                Watch the #1 Televangelist Gospel Hour in the World! "Turn or Burn: Accept Christ or Go to Hell with Rev. Jim Osborne." Check your local cable listings.

                                Comment

                                Working...