X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hymie Goldberg
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by Catholic - Not Christian View Post
    Yes, composed by human authors through the Divine Inspiration of God.
    Glad I could help
    One minute it's the word breathed by your G-d , the next it's written by humans and only inspired by Him. Is it the enforced celibacy or the self-flagellation that makes you people so confused?

    Perhaps you should stick to buggering little boys and leave theology to wiser minds, eh?

    Hymie

    Leave a comment:


  • Catholic - Not Christian
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by BigJay View Post
    http://www.theonion.com/content/node/27834


    We don't allow any such things,its all propaganda drought to you via the Devil
    A morman? Hello and welcome Though you will not find much welcome here. I apologize on behalf of my brother and ask your forgivness. I find there is as much prejudice and rumors about Mormons as there is Catholics. I was good friends with a mormon in High school and they are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I highly respect them.

    By battle here is not with you, but with the hate coming forth from the true christians here. Please pray for me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Catholic - Not Christian
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by Hymie Goldberg View Post
    That's not what your church reckons:

    The historical-critical method is the indispensable method for the scientific study of the meaning of ancient texts. Holy Scripture, inasmuch as it is the "word of God in human language," has been composed by human authors in all its various parts and in all the sources that lie behind them. Because of this, its proper understanding not only admits the use of this method but actually requires it.

    Perhaps you should go to your pagan blood sacrifice services more often and listen to the head child molestor more carefully.

    Hymie
    Yes, composed by human authors through the Divine Inspiration of God.
    Glad I could help

    Leave a comment:


  • Catholic - Not Christian
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by Heathen_Basher View Post
    The apostles were originally disciples of John, so if you claim apostolic succession, you can trace it back to John. But you don't worship the way the apostles did. Let me ask you, do you think the Apostles wore funny robes
    The "robes" as you call them were created because there were so many people attending Catholic Mass that people were too far away and couldn't even tell who the priest was. So the Church decided for them to wear brightly colored garmets to distinguish them from the crowd. But why does this matter? Would you not convert simply because the priest wears funny clothes?

    as they went over a set liturgy repetitive liturgy on Sunday, telling the people when to stand up, sit down, and kneel.
    Acts 2:42 - "devoted themselves to the ... breaking of the bread and to the prayers."
    Acts 20:7 - "first day of the week when we gathered to break bread"

    They were clearly practicing the Eucharist and praying. But really there is no way of knowing for certain. But I can assure you that everything in the Catholic Mass can be found in the Bible. Start listing things off if you don't believe me.

    Were they handing out communion in little wafer form?
    The Eucharist is in the form of unlevened bread. Make more sense?

    Did they hold these meetings in a large luxurious building filled with paintings and statues?
    We believe that Jesus is trully present in the Eucharist. Thus our Cathedrals and Chapels and Tabernacles are all highly decorated. For it is the vessel of our lord, like the arc of the covenant.

    Were the priests celibate? No,
    This is true.

    1 Timothy 3:2 - bishop must be married once.
    Those are not to be accepted who have married again after the death of their first wife lest this should prove an occasion for criticism. Celibacy as a law for the clergy was of later ecclesiastical institution, although as a counsel it was urged by St. Paul, himself.

    Jeremiah 16:1-4 - (Jeremiah told not to marry or have children)
    Matthew 19:12 - (Jesus who was celibate, praise celibacy)
    1 Corinthians 7:8 - (St. Paul was celibate)
    1 Corinthians 7:32-35 - (St. Paul recommends celibacy for full-time ministers.)
    Jeremiah 16:1-4 - Jeremiah told not to take a wife and have children
    Matthew 19:12 - celibacy praised by Jesus, who was, himself, celibate
    1 Corinthians 7:8 - St. Paul was celibate
    1 Corinthians 7:32-35 - celibacy recommended for full-time ministers
    1 Timothy 5:9-12 - pledge of celibacy taken by older widows

    Note that all the apostles were married before Christ called them to follow him. Saying this, men have become priests that have been married, so long as they take no other wife while serving the Lord.

    Catholicism was invented centuries later as a combination of Christianity and Paganism.
    A common misconception. If you give some more details I'll be happy to refute them

    Leave a comment:


  • Catholic - Not Christian
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by BigJay View Post
    What I do not comprehend is how the members of the RCC allow their priesthood to molest little boys and then have the Pope blame the children for their misdeeds.If someone could enlighten me I would greatly appreciate it.
    I tried to show the real statistics but got infracted and they deleted my post.

    Do some research on your own Send me a private message if you can't have trouble.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hymie Goldberg
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by Catholic - Christian View Post
    Um... God wrote the Bible brother. Every word in it is God-Breathed. Every time Mary is referred to as the Mother of our Savior, that is EXACTLY the way God intended it to be.
    That's not what your church reckons:

    The historical-critical method is the indispensable method for the scientific study of the meaning of ancient texts. Holy Scripture, inasmuch as it is the "word of God in human language," has been composed by human authors in all its various parts and in all the sources that lie behind them. Because of this, its proper understanding not only admits the use of this method but actually requires it.
    (source)

    Perhaps you should go to your pagan blood sacrifice services more often and listen to the head child molestor more carefully.

    Hymie

    Leave a comment:


  • Catholic - Not Christian
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Sorry I was away, studies were beginning to back up...

    To continue, Heathen Basher....

    Originally posted by Heathen_Basher View Post
    The word worship is not in that passage. It says do not bow down to any graven image.
    Actually in my Bible it is: "you shall not bow down before them or worship them". But this is besides the point, for I do not bow down or worship or serve any saint.

    The pupose God gives for this commandment is this: "For I the Lord, your God, am a jealous God..."

    and he will punish them: "inflicting punishment for their fathers' wickedness on the children of those who hate me". If we are worshipping false idols we cannot love God and by worhsipping them, we hate him, and make him jealous of the attention we give to false idols. But by simply showing respect to Mary and the Saints, we in no way detract from our worship of the one true God any more than we would by respecting our elders and role models. For that is all the Saints are: Role Models.

    I said quite clearly - when did JESUS call her "mother" ?
    Um... God wrote the Bible brother. Every word in it is God-Breathed. Every time Mary is referred to as the Mother of our Savior, that is EXACTLY the way God intended it to be.

    You are the one taking the Bible out of context when you presented those verses calling Mary blessed. I agree, she was, because she did what God wanted. But the Bible then goes on to say in the verse I presented that just because she was a good woman does not mean to elevate her beyond all compare and all other human beings just because she was the womb that bore Him. Catholics teach that Mary is sinless, perfect, the greatest human being who ever lived. But there is no basis for that. Jesus says in Luke 11 that Mary is no matter than anyone else who does what God wants.
    Then I will explain to you why we see her as sinless.

    Genesis 3:15: I will put complete enmity between you and the woman and between your offspring and hers;"

    Who do we know had enmity between himself and Sin? Jesus. Obviously for he was free of Sin. But who is the woman? Obviously not Eve, for she sinned and so did her offspring. The only one to give birth to offspring with enmity between himself and sin was Mary. Thus, Mary had complete enmity between herself and satan. There is no other alternative.

    Exodus 25:11-21 - ark made of purest gold for God's Word

    This beautiful arc of purest gold was crafted to bear three things: Manna (The Bread from Heaven),The Ten Commandments (The Word of God), and the staff of Aaron (Instrument of Isreal's Redemption from evil).

    This arc of "purest" gold, was the Arc of the Covenant. Mary is a parallel to this arc for she bore Jesus into the world. Three things: The Living Bread, The Word of God, and the instrument of the entire world's redemption: His body.
    Coincidence?

    If this beautiful arc was crafted by the command of God to carry some stone tablets, some bread, and a stick. Thus, God also crafted a vessal worthy to carry the Son of God made of "purest gold" in the form of a sinless woman with complete enmity between herself and Satan.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rev. M. Rodimer
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Catholic, shouldn't the title of this thread be, "Born, raised, and PLOWED"?

    Leave a comment:


  • Hymie Goldberg
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by MirthMenace View Post
    Exactly! You and I have more common ground than you think, Heathen Basher! You're an astute processor of information and ideas!
    Wait, aren't Catholics just pagans in elegant designer frocks? All that blood drinking and Jewish flesh eating (not to mention Roman gods dressed up as "saints") surely gives you away it does!

    Hymie

    Leave a comment:


  • TinyJay
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by James Peter View Post
    Whenever did the Pope blame children for misdeeds?

    May I ask you something? Why do you Mormons make young girls enter into polygamous marriages with men vastly older then themselves, forced into incest, to be raped, beaten, abused, and shut off from the world on compounds? Why is that?




    We don't allow any such things,its all propaganda drought to you via the Devil

    Leave a comment:


  • Rev. Jim Osborne
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Did you know if you google "Lady and Lord" or just "Lady Lord", my Ladies of the Lord Bible Study Program shows up on the front page?

    What's nice about that is a lot of demonic witch girls age 18-24 are going to be looking for new hexes and spells to chant, but suddenly stumble upon my offer of free bible study and will get converted to True Christianity(tm) after I spend a lot of time with them in a hotel room for the weekend.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nobar King
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by MirthMenace View Post

    May the Lady and Lord watch over you and keep you. Blessed Be!
    Terror alert level red!! There are witches about!

    Leave a comment:


  • MirthMenace
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by Heathen_Basher View Post
    Thank you, and I suppose we do have more common then I'd like, but I guess I'm not perfect yet. Maybe if you ever decide to become a decent human being and get saved we can be friends.
    And yet, I feel like we're already friends. *wiping away a single tear*

    May the Lady and Lord watch over you and keep you. Blessed Be!

    Leave a comment:


  • Meek and Humble
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by MirthMenace View Post
    Exactly! You and I have more common ground than you think, Heathen Basher! You're an astute processor of information and ideas!
    Thank you, and I suppose we do have more common then I'd like, but I guess I'm not perfect yet. Maybe if you ever decide to become a decent human being and get saved we can be friends.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Peter
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by BigJay View Post
    What I do not comprehend is how the members of the RCC allow their priesthood to molest little boys and then have the Pope blame the children for their misdeeds.If someone could enlighten me I would greatly appreciate it.
    Whenever did the Pope blame children for misdeeds?

    May I ask you something? Why do you Mormons make young girls enter into polygamous marriages with men vastly older then themselves, forced into incest, to be raped, beaten, abused, and shut off from the world on compounds? Why is that?

    Leave a comment:

Working...