X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hymie Goldberg
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by MirthMenace View Post
    Um, no. And anyway, Hymie, you should be happy to find someone here with whom you have something in common. Neither you nor I believe in the divinity of Jesus. By LBC's way of thinking, you and I are both on the log flume to the lake of fire because of that fact. I would think that instead of assailing my credibility you;d be cheering me on. Perhaps you are not what you seem. Perhaps you are a decoy.
    Something in common? Feh! You wish! At least the good folk of Landover believe in something they didn't just makeup to suit themselves. Sure they may have misinterpreted the scribblings of my long dead ancestors, but what of it?

    You've gotta believe in something, you have.

    So let me tell you something, little Miss Smart Shiksa, I'll start cheering you on when you start paying me a healthy retainer. Then you'll have all the cheering you can poke your wand at, you will!

    Blessed be bubbleh!

    Hymie

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Not one of those verses says that Mary was taken up to Heaven. Nice try, papist dog.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Peter
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Don't be silly, Layman Ezekiel, there's HORDES of references to the Assumption of Mary in the Bible! You just have to know where to look for it:

    John 14: 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

    Isaiah 60: 13The glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee, the fir tree, the pine tree, and the box together, to beautify the place of my sanctuary; and I will make the place of my feet glorious.

    Luke 1: 28And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

    Song of Solomon 8: 5Who is this that cometh up from the wilderness, leaning upon her beloved? I raised thee up under the apple tree: there thy mother brought thee forth: there she brought thee forth that bare thee.


    1 Corinthians 15: 21For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
    22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
    23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
    24Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
    25For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

    Psalm 132: 8Arise, O LORD, into thy rest; thou, and the ark of thy strength.

    Psalm 45:9 Kings' daughters were among thy honourable women: upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir.

    10Hearken, O daughter, and consider, and incline thine ear; forget also thine own people, and thy father's house;
    11So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy Lord; and worship thou him.
    12And the daughter of Tyre shall be there with a gift; even the rich among the people shall intreat thy favour.
    13The king's daughter is all glorious within: her clothing is of wrought gold.
    14She shall be brought unto the king in raiment of needlework: the virgins her companions that follow her shall be brought unto thee.
    15With gladness and rejoicing shall they be brought: they shall enter into the king's palace.
    16Instead of thy fathers shall be thy children, whom thou mayest make princes in all the earth. 17I will make thy name to be remembered in all generations: therefore shall the people praise thee for ever and ever.

    Song of Solomon 3:6Who is this that cometh out of the wilderness like pillars of smoke, perfumed with myrrh and frankincense, with all powders of the merchant?

    Song of Solomon 4: 8Come with me from Lebanon, my spouse, with me from Lebanon: look from the top of Amana, from the top of Shenir and Hermon, from the lions' dens, from the mountains of the leopards.

    Song of Solomon 6:9My dove, my undefiled is but one; she is the only one of her mother, she is the choice one of her that bare her. The daughters saw her, and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her.


    Revelation 12: 1And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: 2And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

    As you can see, all of this verses clearly show that Mary was taken up to heaven bodily while still alive and remains there as Queen of Heaven to this day.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by James Peter View Post
    WRONG! Mary is alive and well, having been taken bodily into heaven, and then coronated as Queen of Heaven. Anyone with half a brain knows that! It has been attested to as earlier as the 4th century after Christ in apocryphal works, and has been confirmed as true dogma in the Church for almost 49 years!
    Scripture or it didn't happen.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Peter
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by JennyD View Post

    Mary is dead, just like all other dead people. She will remain so until the Resurrection, just like all other dead people.
    WRONG! Mary is alive and well, having been taken bodily into heaven, and then coronated as Queen of Heaven. Anyone with half a brain knows that! It has been attested to as earlier as the 4th century after Christ in apocryphal works, and has been confirmed as true dogma in the Church for almost 49 years!

    Leave a comment:


  • James Peter
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by Catholic - Not Christian View Post
    A morman? Hello and welcome Though you will not find much welcome here. I apologize on behalf of my brother and ask your forgivness. I find there is as much prejudice and rumors about Mormons as there is Catholics. I was good friends with a mormon in High school and they are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I highly respect them.

    By battle here is not with you, but with the hate coming forth from the true christians here. Please pray for me.
    Excuse me? Catholic, I had thought you were a good Christian, but I am horrified by what I am seeing. Friends with a Mormon? These people are blasphemers and sinner to on high! They are repulsive. There can be no relationship between a True Catholic(tm) and a member of a blasphemous apostate religion! You need to confess to a priest for your sins post-haste. St. Paul warned us to not be yoked to unbelievers.

    And remember, Protestants (including Mormon monsters) are not Christians!

    Leave a comment:


  • James Peter
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by BigJay View Post
    http://www.theonion.com/content/node/27834


    We don't allow any such things,its all propaganda drought to you via the Devil
    You are aware that The Onion is a humour magazine that posts spoof articles, right?



    The Onion is an American "fake news" organization. It features satirical articles reporting on international, national, and local news as well as an entertainment newspaper and website known as The A.V. Club. It claims a national print circulation of 690,000 and says 61 percent of its web site readers are between 18 and 44 years old.[2]

    Though, considering you believe the Book of Mormon is divinely inspired, I figure you aren't too good from distinguishing the ridiculous from the truth in your reading material.

    Leave a comment:


  • MirthMenace
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by Hymie Goldberg View Post
    Wait, aren't Catholics just pagans in elegant designer frocks? All that blood drinking and Jewish flesh eating (not to mention Roman gods dressed up as "saints") surely gives you away it does!

    Hymie
    Um, no. And anyway, Hymie, you should be happy to find someone here with whom you have something in common. Neither you nor I believe in the divinity of Jesus. By LBC's way of thinking, you and I are both on the log flume to the lake of fire because of that fact. I would think that instead of assailing my credibility you;d be cheering me on. Perhaps you are not what you seem. Perhaps you are a decoy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hymie Goldberg
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by Catholic - Not Christian View Post
    Every Christian religion out there recognizes that the Bible is God-Breathed and divinely inspired. Who are you attacking here?

    I am Catholic. A Christian. Out of fear this has changed my username.
    It's either the literal word of G-d or it isn't.

    I know you Roman Cultists like to pick and choose the bits from Holy Scripture that suit your perverted ends like some yenta at an all you can eat buffet, but that doesn't mean you're right.

    You think I like not being able to flip light-switches from sundown on Friday? Or that I'd choose to wear this stupid hat? Or forgo delicious bacon? Not a bit of it! But what can I do? The Lord decided those are the rules and I gotta do it.

    Oy!

    Hymie

    Leave a comment:


  • Pastor Ezekiel
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by Catholic - Not Christian View Post
    I am Catholic. A Christian. Out of fear this has changed my username.
    Don't lie to the hebe. You're about as Christian as my pitbulls.

    As for the alleged change of your username, this is a privately owned Christian forum. The rights you have on this forum are listed HERE. Please contact a Pastor immediately if you feel that any of your rights have been violated.

    Leave a comment:


  • Catholic - Not Christian
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by Hymie Goldberg View Post
    One minute it's the word breathed by your G-d , the next it's written by humans and only inspired by Him. Is it the enforced celibacy or the self-flagellation that makes you people so confused?

    Perhaps you should stick to buggering little boys and leave theology to wiser minds, eh?

    Hymie
    Every Christian religion out there recognizes that the Bible is God-Breathed and divinely inspired. Who are you attacking here?

    I am Catholic. A Christian. Out of fear this has changed my username.

    Leave a comment:


  • Catholic - Not Christian
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    You... Changed my username?

    Oh my.

    For those who don't know me. I am Catholic, I am a Christian, and this website is so terrified of the truth I bring, that they resort to changing my username.

    Leave a comment:


  • Catholic - Not Christian
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by JennyD View Post
    Yes.

    Mary is dead, just like all other dead people. She will remain so until the Resurrection, just like all other dead people.

    Some will be resurrected to glory, others to judgment and damnation.

    If you bothered to read the Bible, you'd know this. Revelation. Read it.
    I believe Mary was taken, body and soul into heaven. Thus, truly I believe that she is dead neither of flesh or spirit.

    However, for the sake of this forum, I will bear with you for a moment.

    How about you make this a little easier and give me a reference from Revelation.

    You just said you ask Mary to pray on your behalf. That is asking her to be a mediator. There is but one mediator, Jesus.
    So I can't ask anyone to pray for me? Is that whay you are saying?

    And Mary's dead and can't hear you anyway. Along with all your man-made "saints".
    She is not "dead" for "he is the God of the living, not of the dead" Mark 12:26-27

    Please read the whole thread before posting. This has all been covered already.

    Leave a comment:


  • JennyD
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by Catholic - Not Christian View Post
    Is she? If you speak of the Flesh than you are correct. However, the spirit is eternal and - "he is the God of the living, not of the dead" (Mark 12:26-27)

    No one in heaven is "dead" for they have eternal life. Would you like to argue that Mary is NOT in heaven?
    Yes.

    Mary is dead, just like all other dead people. She will remain so until the Resurrection, just like all other dead people.

    Some will be resurrected to glory, others to judgment and damnation.

    If you bothered to read the Bible, you'd know this. Revelation. Read it.

    Is this quote from First Timothy supposed to convince me not to pray to Saints? By praying to a Saint, they are no more acting as mediator than I would should you ask me to pray for you. Perhaps I misunderstand however, and you could explain further.
    You just said you ask Mary to pray on your behalf. That is asking her to be a mediator. There is but one mediator, Jesus.

    And Mary's dead and can't hear you anyway. Along with all your man-made "saints".

    Leave a comment:


  • TinyJay
    replied
    Re: Catholic. Born, raised and proud

    Originally posted by Catholic - Not Christian View Post
    A morman? Hello and welcome Though you will not find much welcome here. I apologize on behalf of my brother and ask your forgivness. I find there is as much prejudice and rumors about Mormons as there is Catholics. I was good friends with a mormon in High school and they are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I highly respect them.

    By battle here is not with you, but with the hate coming forth from the true christians here. Please pray for me.

    No harm no foul my friend we all are Gods children,even illiterate inbreeding red-necks like me I will say a prayer just for you .And I hope you have a peaceful day

    Leave a comment:

Working...