X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rev. Jim Osborne
    replied
    Re: Hello

    So let's get this straight...
    The Bible is the Word of God. God gave us the Bible with specific instructions on how to live. Yet, you willingly proclaim you know nothing of the Bible, yet you want to lecture us on how God wants us to live. Do you always presume authority when you have none? Do you correct doctors when they diagnose you? Do you lecture lawyers on how to interpret law? Do you tear up an architect's blueprints and admonish him for going about it wrong?

    It's not that you're "fighting back" that bothers me, but that you have the listening ability of a brick, as well as the intellectual prowess of one. I'd have better luck explaining the Bible to my damn cocker spaniel.

    I also think it's interesting how you sound an awful like the serpent in the Garden of Eden. Tempting people to disobey God and follow your own path. And we know how that turned out.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nobar King
    replied
    Re: Hello

    So, you think you're a tough guy and you can push around Jesus Christ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Vangle_Simtri
    replied
    Re: Hello

    I'm not athiest. I'm just a thinker. I like to find the answers for myself. I like to seek the wisdom of God by praying, and asking His will and oppinion.

    And no, you can't shut me up unless you ban me. You have no power over me. I'm my own person, created by the Creator Himself. I have my own rights, my own voice. You just don't like that I'm fighting back. That I'm standing up for myself.

    As for showing scripture on me saying think for yourselves, I don't have to because one, it's not in the Bible, and two IT'S COMMON SENSE! Something no one here has, except the people who challenge you.

    I can't cite Scripture, because I will freely admit, as i have all along. I DON"T KNOW IT ALL, I'm not a Biblical scholler, I'm just a man. One that hates being told how to Believe, which is all I've gotten from you snakes.

    Not one of you has respected me for my Beliefs, my way of thinking. Did you ever stop to think that perhaps I'm this way because God wants it this way? You all need to wake up, Religion is destroying this world.

    I don't stand against God, I stand against your religion. We can have fellowship without it. We can love Him, worship Him, and praise Him without going to church. without hearing False Prophets who hide behind the Scripture.

    All I ask is that people wake up, to see that things of old aren't working anymore. That the old ways aren't getting through anymore. There needs to be a change, sitting in a pew every sunday doesn't satisfy everyone, I'm one of them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rev. Jim Osborne
    replied
    Re: Hello

    I'm glad you're showing your true colors. You never were a Christian like you claim, but an atheist. Your contempt (and gross ignorance) of the Bible is out in full force.

    Infractions won't stop me. The only way I'll shut up is if you ban me.
    I can shut you up without banning you. I like how you are cleverly avoiding all the evidence I am throwing at you by changing the subject.

    I'm here to challenge you all, to make you think. To get you out of the cookiecutter you've been placed in. you need to start thinking for yourselves. The second greatest gift given to man by God was freewill. The ability to think, reason, and question. YOu can't go through life blindly following. Some of the worst things in the history of the world was done by blindly following.
    Please show us Scripture where it says that.


    So I challenge everyone who reads this to THINK! Ask questions, find your path, ask God for the direction He wants you to go. You're individuals, not automatons. Stop taking the word of a "preacher" and listen to God.
    Show Scripture.

    Religion is a man made concept, God doesn't want you to adhear to strick pollicies, He wants nothing more than fellowship with him.
    Show Scripture.

    And for crying out loud LOVE one another.

    Jesus said, "...the Greatest of these is Love." so start loving one another. Don't shun, or rebuke. God is not here. Don't fall for what these False Prophets have to say.
    We do love one another. I actually love you otherwise I wouldn't be trying my hardest to set you straight on the path to God, now would I?

    Leave a comment:


  • Vangle_Simtri
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Infractions won't stop me. The only way I'll shut up is if you ban me.

    I'm here to challenge you all, to make you think. To get you out of the cookiecutter you've been placed in. you need to start thinking for yourselves. The second greatest gift given to man by God was freewill. The ability to think, reason, and question. YOu can't go through life blindly following. Some of the worst things in the history of the world was done by blindly following.

    So I challenge everyone who reads this to THINK! Ask questions, find your path, ask God for the direction He wants you to go. You're individuals, not automatons. Stop taking the word of a "preacher" and listen to God.

    Religion is a man made concept, God doesn't want you to adhear to strick pollicies, He wants nothing more than fellowship with him.

    And for crying out loud LOVE one another.

    Jesus said, "...the Greatest of these is Love." so start loving one another. Don't shun, or rebuke. God is not here. Don't fall for what these False Prophets have to say.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rev. Jim Osborne
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by Vangle_Simtri View Post
    Awww, am I getting under your skin? How about next time you come at me with Scripture, you use the New Testament. It has the teachings of this guy who lived a long time ago, He died for mine, your's and everyone's sins. His name is Jesus. I recommend you get to know Him, He's a wonderful guy, even preached that God is a God of love and kindness.
    So you're saying the Old Testament is somehow invalid? That we should ignore it altogether. Fine, here are New Testament quotes, some of which spoken out of the mouth of Jesus Himself which affirms that the Old Testament is valid and shouldn't be thrown away like you think.

    Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
    Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.


    Jesus is saying here He has not come to destroy the Old Testament, but to fulfill it. He also admonishes that all of the law should be followed, and that those who break a single of those commandments shall be called least in Heaven.

    John 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.
    John 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?


    Here Christ attests to Moses's writings (the first five books including Leviticus which you seem to believe you don't need to follow). Jesus asks, if you do not believe Moses, how can you believe Him (Jesus)?

    2nd Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

    Read those first two words: All Scripture. Not "just the New Testament", but everything from front to back.

    James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.


    This verse from the NT reaffirms what Jesus said about keeping the whole law, which includes the Old Testament.

    Also, you did not answer my question: Show me Scripture where it says we must tolerate other's sins. Your whole argument is hedging on this, yet you fail to show support for your argument.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vangle_Simtri
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
    Shouldn't you be busy playing Mass Effect?
    You again, damn, I thought I lost you. Actually I don't have anything better to do so I thought I'd come and piss you all off.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nobar King
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Shouldn't you be busy playing Mass Effect?

    Leave a comment:


  • Vangle_Simtri
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Awww, am I getting under your skin? How about next time you come at me with Scripture, you use the New Testament. It has the teachings of this guy who lived a long time ago, He died for mine, your's and everyone's sins. His name is Jesus. I recommend you get to know Him, He's a wonderful guy, even preached that God is a God of love and kindness.

    I understand that this is a private fourm, but one of my GOD GIVEN RIGHTS, is that of free speach. I should be alowed to use it as I see fit.

    Also I'm saved not just because of the aformentioned reasons, but because I have gotten down on bended knee, and asked for the Blood of Christ to wash me of my sins. To absolve me from my past misgivings and to make me anew.

    And I'm not sure where it is in the Bible, but I'll keep an eye out for it, and get back to you on that one. K. Thanks

    You can go back to playing now.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rev. Jim Osborne
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by Vangle_Simtri View Post
    What happened to Love the sinner, Hate the sin? I'm not saying you should accept them, but be tolorant of their choices in life.
    Can you show me Scripture where it says that? Also, show me scripture that says we must tolerate people's choices? (This is important for you to answer because it proves my point.)

    I, on the other hand, can show you Scripture where God hates both the sin and the sinner.

    The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
    Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
    Psalm 5:5-6

    The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence His soul hateth.
    Psalm 11:5

    Notice how in those verses, God doesn't just hate the sin, but the people that do the sin as well. The difference between you and I on this issue is that I actually have Scripture (you know, the Holy Word of God) which backs up my argument whereas your argument is not based upon the Bible whatsoever.

    I know I'm saved because I profess it daily. Again I'm showing my lack of knowledge, but somewhere in the Bible it says something to the effect of, "Ask for salvation, believe that you are saved, profess that you are saved, and you are saved"
    So basically you're saying you're "saved" because you profess it daily? Lots of people profess things that are not true. I don't care how many times O.J. professes that he is not a murderer, he still is a murderer. Also, how do you know if you are truly Saved(r) if you admit you are ignorant of the Bible?

    You still didn't answer me, why did you censor me? Isn't free speach one of the founding principles the USA was built on?
    I'll answer you. This is a private Christian forum and the first amendment has absolutely no basis here. Not only are you ignorant of Biblical law, but secular law as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vangle_Simtri
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Filth eh? I doubt you even listened to it. How do you know what filth is? What gives you the right to say what is and isn't filth? It praises God, brings light to the world.

    I say it's beautiful music. Something I doubt you know anything about.

    Now unless you're gonna ban me to shut me up permenantly, go play church.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vangle_Simtri
    replied
    Re: Hello

    What happened to Love the sinner, Hate the sin? I'm not saying you should accept them, but be tolorant of their choices in life.

    I know I'm saved because I profess it daily. Again I'm showing my lack of knowledge, but somewhere in the Bible it says something to the effect of, "Ask for salvation, believe that you are saved, profess that you are saved, and you are saved"

    You still didn't answer me, why did you censor me? Isn't free speach one of the founding principles the USA was built on?

    Leave a comment:


  • Rev. Jim Osborne
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by Vangle_Simtri View Post
    Awww, censoring me? What's wrong, afraid that the song is right? Afraid that I'm telling you the truth and you don't wanna hear it?
    No, I just don't want any negative influences to affect my flock. If you were a Christian, you'd know to seperate yourself from such filth, but since you're not, I'll forgive your ignorance.

    Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rev. Jim Osborne
    replied
    Re: Hello

    How do you know you are Saved(r)? Do you follow all of the Bible, or just bits and pieces that you feel make sense?

    And are you suggesting we accept homosexuality and bisexuality? That we should stand idly by while they sin, and "accept" them while they keep sinning? If so, do you suggest we allow murderers to murder, and liars to liar, because those are sins that will take you to Hell as well?

    Leave a comment:


  • Vangle_Simtri
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by Vangle_Simtri View Post
    [Satanic Music Deleted] Lyrics are in the description if you can't understand what he's saying.
    Awww, censoring me? What's wrong, afraid that the song is right? Afraid that I'm telling you the truth and you don't wanna hear it?

    Leave a comment:

Working...