X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vangle_Simtri
    replied
    Re: Hello

    I ment no cruelty, and I do apologize if what I said was taken as such. I just find it hard to believe that there are people in this world who take upthe label of Christian, then proceed to bash/slander/abuse verbally, other people of different religions, and sexual orientations.


    While I agree that saving souls is paramount, next to the worshiping of God, I don't agree that it should be done with hatered towards people. Jesus preached love, grace, and kindness. How can that be done when people are telling other that they're going to hell, and that they're worthless. To me every life is worth something. God wouldn't have put you here if you were worthless.

    Again, I mean no disrespect, and I'm sorry if I come across in a disrespectful manner.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Hutchins
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
    I think one of the things that few understand is the urgency of saving souls.

    As one of the Pastors here says, “If I were about to die, I would want someone to do absolutely anything to save me.” (There’s a bit more to it than that, but you get the drift.)

    The point is that being in an unsaved state (I know, I know, "California" but that’s an old joke) could mean that there’s a sudden disaster and a soul is lost to the Eternal tortures of Hell.

    Now that’s rather cruel. We here proclaim God’s Word – everything you read here is in the Bible and therefore any God-Fearing Christian should be agreeing with Landover. We don’t make the Rules, we follow them and we tell the world of the Great News that is God.

    I hope this helps you.
    Pastor Bathfire, you are always a delight to listen to. Your words bring me such joy.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Hutchins
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Van, if I sent you a letter, did I write it? No, of course not. I dictated it to my secretary. She put the words on paper. I supplied them to her. When a person has an autobiography written, do you think they actually wrote it? No, it was written by a ghost writer. The Bible was written the same way.

    The final copy of my letter is approved by me, the final draft of the book is approved by the subject and the Bible as approved by God.

    No offense taken, Van. Keep in mind, I am a mere True Christian and not a Pastor or Reverend. I have not attended Theology school and therefore some of your questions, well, it would not be right for me to answer. I'd rather say nothing than lead you astray. But I do know this. The KJV1611 Bible (about 400 years old) has been reviewed by some of the best minds there are and it is unanimously agreed that it is the True Word(c) of God.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ezekiel Bathfire
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Originally posted by Vangle_Simtri View Post
    Ok, I'm new to this site, that's very obvious. I've been looking around on here for about an hour now, and I'm having trouble figuring this out.

    I believe that most of the people on here truly believe in God, and have accepted Jesus as their savior. What I'm having trouble understanding is why there is so much hatered directed to people who either don't believe, or challenge peoples beliefs.
    I think one of the things that few understand is the urgency of saving souls.


    As one of the Pastors here says, “If I were about to die, I would want someone to do absolutely anything to save me.” (There’s a bit more to it than that, but you get the drift.)

    The point is that being in an unsaved state (I know, I know, "California" but that’s an old joke) could mean that there’s a sudden disaster and a soul is lost to the Eternal tortures of Hell.

    I'm hoping that this site is a joke, and that people really don't believe the stuff that is on here,
    Now that’s rather cruel. We here proclaim God’s Word – everything you read here is in the Bible and therefore any God-Fearing Christian should be agreeing with Landover. We don’t make the Rules, we follow them and we tell the world of the Great News that is God.


    I hope this helps you.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vangle_Simtri
    replied
    Re: Hello

    I agree that if it wasn't important then God wouldn't have inspired man to write it, but as much as I don't like to say this. It wasn't written by God, it was written by man. I'm not saying that it didn't come from God, I believe that it is the Word of God, but it was written by fallible man. It's been interperated, passed down, and rewritten into newer forms though the ages.

    This is getting off my earlier question, but I just wanted to pose another if I may. Isn't it at all possible that The Bible has been changed through the ages to fit with the Theology at the time, and that man may have changed parts of it to suit his/her needs at that time?

    Please do not take offence to this. I'm mearly seeking information, it is not my intention to start anything here. I am a guest in your house, and I'm subject to be tossed out at anytime.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Hutchins
    replied
    Re: Hello

    And that is exactly what we are forced to do.

    You need to know, if you truly believe in God, that you will follow the Bible, every single word, every single page of it. You will not interpret it and attempt to read into it. You will take it on face value. God would not of had the Bible created if it were not important.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vangle_Simtri
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Thank you for clarifying this for me. I know I should read the Bible more, it is something that I'm working on. I will admit that I'm not the best Believer in this world, and that I have sinned and come short of the glory of God, but then again who hasn't?

    As for your question, I would defend myself. That's the natural human reaction. As much as I wouldn't want to do it, I would have to get myself out of a dangerous situation, and keep myself safe.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Hutchins
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Van, look at it this way. You are in an alley, thugs come ofter you, you have no escape except to go through your attackers. What would you do?

    You need to read the Bible more. I am surprised as someone who believes in God as you do should be read His Book(r) every day.

    Matthew 7


    1Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

    It means you can only judge others when you have already judged yourself. Once you have fully repented, this is something that you can do.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vangle_Simtri
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Well, as of right now the only thing I'm passionate about is God, always have been, always will be. God has done more for me than anyone on this earth could.

    I'm not trying to start anything, and please don't take it as me doing so, but the bullies you mentioned I've seen so far from both sides. I've read someone saying they couldn't wait to see someone go to hell. It seems to me, and this is just my oppinon, but there's some judgment from both sides.

    I know there's a verse in the Bible that says "Judge not, lest ye be Judgeed" I'm not sure where it is, and if I have misinterpereted it, then I am sorry. I know that shows that I haven't read The Bible as much as I should have, and that is a failing on my part. Something I'm working on fixing.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Hutchins
    replied
    Re: Hello

    Welcome Vangle. Do you mind if I call you Van? Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.

    Van, it is a pleasure to meet you. I can tell you've read the forum rules and I assure you, we all appreciate that!

    Van, there is no hatred here by any believer. Sure, we have many internet bullies that sign up and attempt to disrupt our efforts at loving God. I too, will never understand that.

    You also may be confused about those that are passionate about tier beliefs. What are you passionate about, Van?

    Leave a comment:


  • Vangle_Simtri
    started a topic Hello

    Hello

    Ok, I'm new to this site, that's very obvious. I've been looking around on here for about an hour now, and I'm having trouble figuring this out.

    I believe that most of the people on here truly believe in God, and have accepted Jesus as their savior. What I'm having trouble understanding is why there is so much hatered directed to people who either don't believe, or challenge peoples beliefs.

    I'm hoping that this site is a joke, and that people really don't believe the stuff that is on here, and if it's not a joke, then I'm floored. I'm not sure how anyone can be so hateful to another person. Granted there is alot of that in this world, but I wouldn't have expected it from Christians.

    Please if someone could explain this all to me I would be grateful.

    Thanks,

    Vangle
Working...