Re: Hello
I am saved thank you very much. Proud of the fact that there is Mansion waiting for me in Heaven, built by the Savior himself. Probably would be a good idea to read all the posts before you answer next time, thanks for playing here's a little pulpit, go play church somewhere.
I know I'm not worthless, God wouldn't have made me if I was.
As for what you said about "loving" gays and bi's, wouldn't it make more sense to accept them as human beings, creatures that were made by God, and instead of rebuking them, come to them in a loving and kind manner? Don't you think you would get more of them to follow our Lord if they knew they were loved?
Oh, I figured since you loved my taste in music, I'd give you a link to a song that fits you all perfectly.
[Satanic Music Deleted] Lyrics are in the description if you can't understand what he's saying.
X
-
-
Re: Hello
I'm sorry I don't see how you can see as poisonous and self-righteous. To answer your earlier question, we don't hate homosexuals or bisexuals, not by any stretch! We acknowledge that God thinks of homosexuality/bisexuality as an abomination (Lev. 18:22, Lev. 20:13) and these people are in critical danger of hellfire if they continue sinning the way they do.
Instead we try and direct them to the Light of Christ, so they may repent of their sins and become Saved(r). This is why we rebuke people and show them Scripture which spells it out for them if they keep doing what they are doing, they will face an eternity in Hell. If we hated them, like you claim, we wouldn't bother preaching to them. We'd let them live their lives, without trying to help them, and once they die, it's too late.
Think of it this way: We True Christians(tm) are standing on a beach. A homosexual is swimming in the ocean. Suddenly a shark (Hell) comes approaching them. We scream at them from shore to get out of the water. We are trying to save them. Perhaps you would rather have us be quiet and let the shark devour this poor victim? If so, maybe you are the one who hates homosexuals.
If you would like me to help you become Saved(r) one day, I am here to help you. Your life is not worthless in our eyes. You are a soul to be saved.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Hello
I thought I could stay away from you poisonous, pious, self-righteous fucktards, but I guess I can't.
When I came here the first time I came under a banner of peace. I mearly sought to understand why people here are the way they are. Well, now I don't care. It seems you all have your own oppion of me, and that's just peachy.
I'm back to clarify somethings.
First. I'm American and damn proud of it.
Second, I don't go to church because of dumbasses like the people here who "preach" compassion, love and understanding, yet don't show it.
Third, I'm not now, nor will I ever be again a Christian. Nor am I Goth. I've never claimed that I was either.
Last, I'm glad you liked my taste in music. Might I suggest more As I Lay Dying, or perhaps some Demonic Dismemberment is more your speed. ZAO and Demon Hunter are great bands as well. I have many many more, so if you wanna know feel free and ask.
Till next time.
God Bless!
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Hello
You do not understand, my friend. Sometimes, we need to shake people up a little, for example by confronting them with their unbelief or hypocrisy, to get their attention and make them able to listen to God's Glorious Message™!Originally posted by Vangle_Simtri View PostI believe that most of the people on here truly believe in God, and have accepted Jesus as their savior. What I'm having trouble understanding is why there is so much hatered directed to people who either don't believe, or challenge peoples beliefs.
A common mistake. First, please read the Pastor's Announcements, where Pastor Billy Reuben explains everything about Landover. Secondly, we make jokes here and use humor, but we do this to reach the unsaved, because humor opens minds. It eases the conversation a little, and people will tend to listen more, but our Message is as serious as a message can possibly be: If you do not believe in God, you will go to Hell.I'm hoping that this site is a joke, and that people really don't believe the stuff that is on here, and if it's not a joke, then I'm floored.
Don't worry, we have experienced some pretty mean things from posters who come here, so we aren't impressed easily.Originally posted by Vangle_Simtri View PostAgain, I mean no disrespect, and I'm sorry if I come across in a disrespectful manner.
Well, in fact you gave the answer to this already by yourself. You must understand, God is omnipotent. Therefore, when He decided to give us the Bible, He did take every measure necessary to assure that it did turn out the way He liked. After all, if the Message of God was different than described in the Bible, God would have altered the Bible to make it correct, and the Bible would be infallible again! Therefore, we know the Bible is correct.Originally posted by Vangle_Simtri View PostI understand what you're telling me, that just because it was written by man doesn't mean that God didn't look at it before it was "sent out", but I also know that man is fallible, and suseptible to sin. I'm mearly asking how can we be sure? Isn't it possible that it may not be what was originally written?
Well, though the Goth subculture is possibly the most sick and deplorable culture there is, I'm glad that Vangle Simtri (maybe you could tell us your real name, instead of your Goth one?) has come to these forums, so that Jesus might drive away the demons that possess him.Originally posted by Paul Jeffery View PostThe page suggests that you fancy yourself a "Christian Goth" and it contains some pretty hateful and violent images. I clicked on the first of the Youtube videos and it seems to be some sort of video game footage depicting not only the wholesale slaughter of an opponent, but also showed the one wielding the weapon dying and being instantaneously reanimated, as if death is nothing but a very temporary nuisance that can be experienced over and over.
Anyway, welcome to these Forums, Brother!
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Hello
Vangle, I found a MySpace page belonging to someone named (I doubt coincidentally) "Vangle Simtri". That's not a name I see every day. The page suggests that you fancy yourself a "Christian Goth" and it contains some pretty hateful and violent images. I clicked on the first of the Youtube videos and it seems to be some sort of video game footage depicting not only the wholesale slaughter of an opponent, but also showed the one wielding the weapon dying and being instantaneously reanimated, as if death is nothing but a very temporary nuisance that can be experienced over and over. The second Youtube video was a violent one indeed, but I could not make out the lyrics of its "Vomit Rock" music by a group called Skillet Savior. In all, my visit to the page left me with the taste of puke in my mouth.Originally posted by Vangle_Simtri View PostYes, alot of my confusion is from not reading the Bible in full, and that's why I'm endevoring to read it fully. I went to a Chrisitan school when I was in High School, I learned alot from it, and while I haven't read all of the Bible, I did have to read a good majority of it while I was there.
I'm just trying to understand how something that was written about man, couldn't have any errancies, or misinterpertaions in it. As am I tryiing to understand whether or not the people here actually believe alot of what they're saying. Again, that's not to say that they're not Christians, nor that they do not believe in God or weren't saved. I'm just seeing alot of hatered here, towards the unsaved, people of different faiths, and people who are either gay or bi-sexual.
I'm trying to understand how people can not question what was taught to them, I understand that rebellion is looked down upon here, as it is in the Bible. But it does have it's place, had our founder's not rebelled against the British, we would all still be under British rule.
I Hope you don't mind if I draw a parallel between you "seeing a lot of hatred here" and something one of my daughters once said. My ex-wife had just finished explaining something to her calmly and rationally. My daughter was about 21 at the time, was still living with us, but had decided some time ago that continued education was not for her. My wife was asking my daughter to contribute more to the betterment of the household, stop sleeping till noon, and to stop expecting maid service. She never once even approached raising her voice. Later, my daughter was recounting to me the earlier discussion with her mother and repeatedly said her mom had "yelled" at her, "screamed" at her, and had shown a lot of anger. Indeed that was not at all the case, but she had perceived it that way because of the subject matter. Sometimes truth, when you hear it, sounds a lot louder than it really is, feels like an expression of anger when it isn't, and is later described as "hatred" when it just isn't. Your perception of what you observe is skewed by the gravity of the content when it's content you know, but would prefer not to admit, is true. The 1611 King James Bible used to sound like outright yelling to me, too! Now it sounds like a gentle rain on my still-cleansing soul.
Praise Jesus!
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Hello
Welcome to God's favorite forum. Where are you from? I'm wondering what kind of foreigner you are.
What church do you attend?
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Hello
Brother James, I note that this Vanny person keep taking final bows, yet he keeps returning; surely this must be The Still Small Voice of Calm that is Jesus that calls Him back?
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Hello
I can assure you that my quest is not over, the answers I seek are out there, it's just my path to Heaven is set apart from your's.
Goodbye, God bless, and take care
Vangle
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Hello
Giving up in your quest is not wise but it is our choice. Read the Bible, your answers are in it. I cannot do it for you.Originally posted by Vangle_Simtri View PostI have not once said God made a mistake, I'm mearly pointing out the possibility that man made mistakes.
I fear this is where I take my leave. The questions I am asking are not being answered. I feel as a dog does when it chases it's tail.
I bid you all farwell, and blessings.
God bless you all,
Vangle
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Hello
Written about but is the Word of God. That is what the Bible is. Your doubt that it is His word is troubling.Originally posted by Vangle_Simtri View PostYes, alot of my confusion is from not reading the Bible in full, and that's why I'm endevoring to read it fully. I went to a Chrisitan school when I was in High School, I learned alot from it, and while I haven't read all of the Bible, I did have to read a good majority of it while I was there.
I'm just trying to understand how something that was written about man, couldn't have any errancies, or misinterpertaions in it. As am I tryiing to understand whether or not the people here actually believe alot of what they're saying. Again, that's not to say that they're not Christians, nor that they do not believe in God or weren't saved. I'm just seeing alot of hatered here, towards the unsaved, people of different faiths, and people who are either gay or bi-sexual.
I'm trying to understand how people can not question what was taught to them, I understand that rebellion is looked down upon here, as it is in the Bible. But it does have it's place, had our founder's not rebelled against the British, we would all still be under British rule.
You keep talking about hatred yet you know nothing of God.
I think you need to stop questioniung and read the Book of Answers.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Hello
Read the Bible several times, then let's discuss where you think God made a mistake you found.
I have not once said God made a mistake, I'm mearly pointing out the possibility that man made mistakes.
I fear this is where I take my leave. The questions I am asking are not being answered. I feel as a dog does when it chases it's tail.
I bid you all farwell, and blessings.
God bless you all,
Vangle
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Hello
Yes, alot of my confusion is from not reading the Bible in full, and that's why I'm endevoring to read it fully. I went to a Chrisitan school when I was in High School, I learned alot from it, and while I haven't read all of the Bible, I did have to read a good majority of it while I was there.
I'm just trying to understand how something that was written about man, couldn't have any errancies, or misinterpertaions in it. As am I tryiing to understand whether or not the people here actually believe alot of what they're saying. Again, that's not to say that they're not Christians, nor that they do not believe in God or weren't saved. I'm just seeing alot of hatered here, towards the unsaved, people of different faiths, and people who are either gay or bi-sexual.
I'm trying to understand how people can not question what was taught to them, I understand that rebellion is looked down upon here, as it is in the Bible. But it does have it's place, had our founder's not rebelled against the British, we would all still be under British rule.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Hello
LOL, you are doing exactly what you know you should not, you say it yourself.Originally posted by Vangle_Simtri View PostI apreciate that you're looking out for my walk, and not saying anything that could lead me astray.
I understand what you're telling me, that just because it was written by man doesn't mean that God didn't look at it before it was "sent out", but I also know that man is fallible, and suseptible to sin. I'm mearly asking how can we be sure? Isn't it possible that it may not be what was originally written? How can we be sure that there aren't books that were omitted just because it didn't fit someone's interpertations? How do we know that things haven't been changed through the years? I know that there is alot of Faith involved, and that overthinking can lead to a fall from Grace, but these are questions that I've wondered about since I hit my late teens.
If the Bible were wrong, God would lead man's hand and correct it. God Created(r) the Heavens and the Earth. He Created(r) man and all of Earth's creatures. Do you find and errors or omissions? Read the Bible several times, then let's discuss where you think God made a mistake you found.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Hello
No, not to worry, you have been fine with your comments.Originally posted by Vangle_Simtri View PostI ment no cruelty, and I do apologize if what I said was taken as such. I just find it hard to believe that there are people in this world who take upthe label of Christian, then proceed to bash/slander/abuse verbally, other people of different religions, and sexual orientations.
While I agree that saving souls is paramount, next to the worshiping of God, I don't agree that it should be done with hatered towards people. Jesus preached love, grace, and kindness. How can that be done when people are telling other that they're going to hell, and that they're worthless. To me every life is worth something. God wouldn't have put you here if you were worthless.
Again, I mean no disrespect, and I'm sorry if I come across in a disrespectful manner.
I think part of your problem lies in the fact you do not read the Bible. So a lot of its' teachings, when combined by the uninformed, seem illogical. But once you read the
Bible and simply take the words for what they are, you will fully understand. Imagine if you did not know the secular laws where you lived and because of that, you got a fine. Why you'd be upset, you'd run down to the magistrate and demand the fine be absolved. The magistrate would not do this, as ignorance is no excuse.
The Bible does tell us everything is worthwhile and precious. Just like a dollar is more precious than a quarter which is more precious than a dime and so on.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Hello
Originally posted by James Hutchins View PostVan, if I sent you a letter, did I write it? No, of course not. I dictated it to my secretary. She put the words on paper. I supplied them to her. When a person has an autobiography written, do you think they actually wrote it? No, it was written by a ghost writer. The Bible was written the same way.
The final copy of my letter is approved by me, the final draft of the book is approved by the subject and the Bible as approved by God.
No offense taken, Van. Keep in mind, I am a mere True Christian and not a Pastor or Reverend. I have not attended Theology school and therefore some of your questions, well, it would not be right for me to answer. I'd rather say nothing than lead you astray. But I do know this. The KJV1611 Bible (about 400 years old) has been reviewed by some of the best minds there are and it is unanimously agreed that it is the True Word© of God.
I apreciate that you're looking out for my walk, and not saying anything that could lead me astray.
I understand what you're telling me, that just because it was written by man doesn't mean that God didn't look at it before it was "sent out", but I also know that man is fallible, and suseptible to sin. I'm mearly asking how can we be sure? Isn't it possible that it may not be what was originally written? How can we be sure that there aren't books that were omitted just because it didn't fit someone's interpertations? How do we know that things haven't been changed through the years? I know that there is alot of Faith involved, and that overthinking can lead to a fall from Grace, but these are questions that I've wondered about since I hit my late teens.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: