X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Levi Jones
    Pastor of Hermeneutics and Apologetics
    Bathed in Christ's Precious Blood
    Apostle to the Cactuses, Tumbleweeds and Jackrabbits
     
    • Jul 2009
    • 13930

    #16
    Re: Intro

    Originally posted by Flatty10 View Post
    I am no expert in Scripture, but i have a pretty good image of Christs' message
    Indeed you do! I need you to solve this for me. I bow to your superior understanding of the Word, since you have a better knowledge of it than I do.

    Going back to 1 Timothy 2
    8I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

    And then there is
    Matthew 6
    5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
    6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

    Which one is it, oh great pr
    ophet?

    Originally posted by Flatty10 View Post
    there is no contradiction with Luke and Paul, she is a woman. Woman is created in the image and likeness of God, just because she cannot bare children does not make her less of a person than anyone else, or even put her close to the lines of being broken? She does not need a man in her life for her to be treated fairly and with respect.
    But Paul says a woman will be saved through childbirth. Jesus says there will come a day when she will be blessed by not having children.

    It seems like a bit of an either or to me. Of course, I leave it to your greater wisdom, sir.

    Originally posted by Flatty10 View Post
    What authority does this place have to say what the Scriptures mean?
    Are you implying that there could be more than one interpretation of God's Holy word? It couldn't possibly contradict itself, could it? It's all about the interpretation, yes?

    All I know is that I am going to rely on you to solve any more questions I have about the Bible, teacher.
    Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

    Comment

    • Disciple Luke
      True Christian™
      True Christian™
      • Aug 2010
      • 165

      #17
      Re: Intro

      Originally posted by Reila* View Post
      I was born with a serious medical condition, and one consequence of it is that I have always been unable to have children. Apparently there is a family predisposition for it.
      It appears your mother didn't have it.

      Because your father killed himself and your mother worships idols, crystals, sunbeams and voodoo I am not sure if you can be saved.

      Deuteronomy 5:9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

      Comment

      • Sister Charli
        True Christian™
        True Christian™
        • Jun 2010
        • 1590

        #18
        Re: Intro

        Originally posted by Reila* View Post
        I was born with a serious medical condition, and one consequence of it is that I have always been unable to have children. Apparently there is a family predisposition for it.
        Originally posted by Flatty10 View Post
        There is absolutely nothing wrong with you, and you are not damaged goods.
        So Flatty .... are you a geneticist or a gynaecologist?

        Originally posted by Flatty10 View Post
        Will be praying for you
        Just hope you are praying to the one and only True Christian™ God there Flatstuff. You don't appear to have much knowledge of the bible so it concerns me that you might be praying to goodness only knows what.

        As Sister Mary Maria says
        Originally posted by Sister Mary Maria
        I was damaged goods too before Christ fixed me up
        I think Reila would be better off listening to Sister MM who has been cured by Christ than listening to unsaved trash like yourself. Though of course it is up to her whether she can find time between playing with her G string and braiding someone's hair to ask Jesus to cure her.
        2 Chronicles 7:14
        14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land Australia.

        Comment

        • Billy Bob Jenkins
          Family Man of the Year 2010-2013
          About as Straight and Manly as you can get
          Hates anal sex. And trees.
          True Christian™
          • May 2010
          • 8337

          #19
          Re: Intro

          Originally posted by Reila* View Post
          I was born with a serious medical condition, and one consequence of it is that I have always been unable to have children. Apparently there is a family predisposition for it.
          With the number of men in this world that are complete creeps, I am honestly scared to date. I'm hardly a strong person, only 5'4" and 105lbs, any man could easily over power me. I'm quite happy to be working as a hairstylist and make up artist, it's good money and there is always an opportunity to meet interesting people, though I would have liked to work in music and I'm a very good guitarist.
          Certainly going around with a broken G-string will lead to rape. You should wear more modest underwear. Then you will have less reason to fear rape. Men really only rape women who are asking for it.

          Women can't play guitar. You don't have the hand strength. Whoever told you you were "good" was obviously just using you for something. And being the whore that you are, there's little doubt as to what they were using you for.
          The Only Real Climate Change Will be Hell!

          Comment

          • Flatty10
            Unsaved trash, Papist dog
            • Aug 2010
            • 37

            #20
            Re: Intro

            from my understanding, 1 Timothy 2 he speaks of praying everywhere and as often as we can raising our hands to God without fear, for God is good and deserves our praise. Matthew 6 is dealing with hypocrites that pray only for their social status and not honestly and contritely to God. Which is bad. He is showing to us it's more than preaching and praying in the eye of the public, but its about an intimate relationship with God.

            I didn't quite understand your Childbirth reference to Paul and Jesus?

            Scripture does not contradict itself, as i imagine you would agree. As it is the word of God. What i am saying though is that Scripture does have an intended meaning within it, and you cannot always just take the face value of it. Just as an author of any book has an intended meaning.

            When i was saying that theres nothing wrong with you, i wasn't simply referring to a medical condition, Just simply stating because she can't have children does not make her any less of a person than you or I.

            I assume then from your reasoning, that the other post about the woman who was once broken and now is fixed in Christ, also was barren but can now bare children?

            The question i ask you though, is how do you know if your interpretation is correct?
            John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

            Comment

            • Mrs. Mary Whitford
              Ladies of Landover Senior VP
              One of the Truest Christians™ Ever
              Mama Grizzly and formerly Sister Mary Maria
              True Christian™
              • Dec 2006
              • 12414

              #21
              Re: Intro

              Originally posted by Flatty10 View Post
              I am no expert in Scripture, but i have a pretty good image of Christs' message
              Translated: "I've never really read the Bible, but I know what I want it to say."

              there is no contradiction with Luke and Paul, she is a woman. Woman is created in the image and likeness of God, just because she cannot bare children does not make her less of a person than anyone else, or even put her close to the lines of being broken? She does not need a man in her life for her to be treated fairly and with respect.
              1 Timothy 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
              For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
              And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
              Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

              She needs a husband if she wants to be seeing Heaven come Judgment Day.

              Yes obviously love and honour your parents, but im sure she shouldn't kill her which sounds like what your implying? If there is a disagreement with their Faith, completely abandoning one another isn't going to solve anything. It will most likely break them apart further, and take them both further from God.
              Honor your parents, yes. But love them?!?!

              Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children,and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

              I'm sorry, but I'll take the words of JESUS over you ANY DAY.

              What authority does this place have to say what the Scriptures mean?
              Ummm... The authority of HAVING READ THEM!

              Originally posted by Flatty10 View Post
              What i am saying though is that Scripture does have an intended meaning within it
              So far, so good...

              and you cannot always just take the face value of it.
              WHOA THERE! Are you saying that God is some kind of sadistic monster who PLAYS GAMES with peoples' IMMORTAL SOULS by not making HIS WORD PERFECTLY CLEAR?!?!?!?!

              Just as an author of any book has an intended meaning.
              YES! And the INTENDED MEANING IS FOR THE WORDS TO MEAN EXACTLY WHAT THEY CLEARLY SAY!!!!!

              When i was saying that theres nothing wrong with you, i wasn't simply referring to a medical condition, Just simply stating because she can't have children does not make her any less of a person than you or I.
              Of course it does. How does she even know she's barren? She's NOT MARRIED. Until she has a good True Christian™ husband and tries to bear a little soldier for Christ, she can't really know! If she's already tried, that means she's a fornicator, and the Bible is RIFE with references to FORNICATORS and what God thinks of them!
              But that doesn't mean she can't be SAVED and bring herself up to the Lord's standards.

              I assume then from your reasoning, that the other post about the woman who was once broken and now is fixed in Christ, also was barren but can now bare children?
              If you're referring to me, I don't know if I was "barren" or not. My own sexual brokenness involved vile affections that led to going against my natural use. I'm fixed now and have a beautiful, wonderful baby son and a girl.

              The question i ask you though, is how do you know if your interpretation is correct?
              The answer we give you is that WE DON'T "INTERPRET"! The Word of God is PLAINLY WRITTEN and only needs to be READ AS-IS! People only "interpret" it because they don't like what the Bible has to say, so they try to find ways to work around it in hopes that come Judgment Day they can attempt to explain to Jesus that they were only doing what they thought He wanted them to do instead of DOING WHAT HE SAID!
              Posted via Prayer

              1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
              Bearing my husband's heirs and being SAVED!

              Blogging for CHRIST!
              Witnessing for GOD on YouTube!
              All a-Twitter for Salvation!
              Bringing Jesus to MySpace!
              On FIRE for the Lord on Facebook!
              My Ladies of Landover profile!

              Comment

              • Brother Temperance
                Senior Usher
                True Christian™ missionary to the Unsaved Kingdom
                A very nice young man
                True Christian™
                • Sep 2006
                • 15621

                #22
                Re: Intro

                Originally posted by Reila* View Post
                Hello,
                My name is Reila (pronounced like rayla), and I'm 21 years old. I recently graduated from the Marvel college of hair design and aesthetics and curently work part time as a hair stylist and part time as a make up artist. I also write and play music in my spare time.
                I was raised by atheist parents, but always felt like something was missing from my life. My mother has recently decided that the Pagan path is right for her, and my father died 3 years ago (suicide, I miss my daddy dearly). I feel like I need to find the right path for me, and I was hoping you lovely folks would help me to do that.
                Hope thats enough for an intro, if you want to know anything else just ask.

                --Reila
                What's the asterix for? Is there a footnote somewhere? Either way, I'll pray for the Lord to write your name in the Book of Life, even if it is only as a footnote.
                Originally posted by Reila* View Post
                I don't really have a lot of time to read the bible, I work 2 jobs.
                But if you die without being Saved, you will have a lot of time to regret it.
                I don't really want to never see my mother again, with my father dead, she is the only parent I have.
                Don't worry, you still have Our Heavenly Father.
                Originally posted by Flatty10 View Post
                Yes obviously love and honour your parents, but im sure she shouldn't kill her which sounds like what your implying?
                Honour them. By playing at paganism, her mother is dishonouring herself. Going along with that is aiding and abetting her mother's dishonour.
                If there is a disagreement with their Faith, completely abandoning one another isn't going to solve anything. It will most likely break them apart further, and take them both further from God.
                No, staying with her mother will take her further from God. Breaking with her mother will free her to move closer to God.
                What authority does this place have to say what the Scriptures mean?
                What makes you think my soul is in great peril?
                The things you say. If you said sensible things, we'd be a lot less worried about you.
                Originally posted by Flatty10 View Post
                Scripture does not contradict itself, as i imagine you would agree. As it is the word of God. What i am saying though is that Scripture does have an intended meaning within it, and you cannot always just take the face value of it. Just as an author of any book has an intended meaning.
                What authority does this place have to say what the Scriptures mean?
                What authority do you have to tell us what the Scriptures mean?
                The question i ask you though, is how do you know if your interpretation is correct?
                I ask the same of you.
                O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.



                God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.

                Comment

                • Pastor Ezekiel
                  Putting the "stud" back in Bible Study
                   
                  • Sep 2006
                  • 78556

                  #23
                  Re: Intro

                  Originally posted by Reila* View Post
                  Hello,
                  My name is Reila (pronounced like rayla), and I'm 21 years old. I recently graduated from the Marvel college of hair design and aesthetics and curently work part time as a hair stylist and part time as a make up artist. I also write and play music in my spare time.
                  I was raised by atheist parents, but always felt like something was missing from my life. My mother has recently decided that the Pagan path is right for her, and my father died 3 years ago (suicide, I miss my daddy dearly). I feel like I need to find the right path for me, and I was hoping you lovely folks would help me to do that.
                  Hope thats enough for an intro, if you want to know anything else just ask.

                  --Reila
                  Are you a negress?
                  Who Will Jesus Damn?

                  Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

                  Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

                  Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

                  Comment

                  • Reila*
                    *A little bit on the broken side
                    Unsaved trash
                    • Aug 2010
                    • 16

                    #24
                    Re: Intro

                    No, Pastor Ezekiel, I am not, I am actually of German descent, and as far as I know there have been no black people in our family.
                    And the G-string is on a guitar, it's the second string from the top when you play a right-hand guitar.

                    As for my medeical issues, my mother and one of her sisters did not have this problem, but their 4 other sisters do, as do I. According to multiple doctors there is nothing that can be done about it.

                    --Reila

                    Comment

                    • Brother Alex
                      True Christian™ Creation Cosmologist
                      Strong in Spirit and Filled With Christ's Wisdom
                      A Greater Genius Than Einstein, Hawking, and Sagan Combined
                      True Christian™
                      • Feb 2010
                      • 860

                      #25
                      Re: Intro

                      Originally posted by Reila* View Post
                      As for my medeical issues, my mother and one of her sisters did not have this problem, but their 4 other sisters do, as do I. According to multiple doctors there is nothing that can be done about it.
                      That is not true. Read what I said on the page before regarding demon possession being the direct cause of your condition. If you just accept Jesus and pray to Him you will receive a cure. Jesus wants you to be fruitful and make more soldiers for Him to preach the gospel and prepare the world for the rapture. It's all in the Bible, I suggest that you read it and see for yourself.
                      Genesis 1:22: And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
                      PROOF: America in the Bible!
                      8 REASONS WHY GOD HATES THE FAROE ISLANDS!



                      The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.
                      (Psalm 9:17)

                      Add me on
                      Facebook!

                      Comment

                      • Mrs. Mary Whitford
                        Ladies of Landover Senior VP
                        One of the Truest Christians™ Ever
                        Mama Grizzly and formerly Sister Mary Maria
                        True Christian™
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 12414

                        #26
                        Re: Intro

                        Originally posted by Reila* View Post
                        No, Pastor Ezekiel, I am not, I am actually of German descent, and as far as I know there have been no black people in our family.
                        And the G-string is on a guitar, it's the second string from the top when you play a right-hand guitar.

                        As for my medeical issues, my mother and one of her sisters did not have this problem, but their 4 other sisters do, as do I. According to multiple doctors there is nothing that can be done about it.

                        --Reila
                        I hope and pray you didn't let a PERVERT GYNECOLOGIST poke and prod you down there where only your husband and Jesus should see!!!

                        Posted via Prayer

                        1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
                        Bearing my husband's heirs and being SAVED!

                        Blogging for CHRIST!
                        Witnessing for GOD on YouTube!
                        All a-Twitter for Salvation!
                        Bringing Jesus to MySpace!
                        On FIRE for the Lord on Facebook!
                        My Ladies of Landover profile!

                        Comment

                        • BelieverInGod
                          Fourm Member
                          Forum Member
                          • Feb 2010
                          • 9269

                          #27
                          Re: Intro

                          Originally posted by Reila* View Post
                          No, Pastor Ezekiel, I am not, I am actually of German descent, and as far as I know there have been no black people in our family.
                          And the G-string is on a guitar, it's the second string from the top when you play a right-hand guitar.

                          As for my medeical issues, my mother and one of her sisters did not have this problem, but their 4 other sisters do, as do I. According to multiple doctors there is nothing that can be done about it.

                          --Reila
                          Well if you find Jesus and have enough faith, he can cure you. Many of the great leaders of the Bible were born to women that were considered barren in their youth.

                          As for the rest of it, as someone who thought she would never marry, there is always work that needs to be done within the church. Womens youth leaders, cleaning, stuff like that.
                          Drama queen

                          Comment

                          • Mrs. Mary Whitford
                            Ladies of Landover Senior VP
                            One of the Truest Christians™ Ever
                            Mama Grizzly and formerly Sister Mary Maria
                            True Christian™
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 12414

                            #28
                            Re: Intro

                            Originally posted by BelieverInGod View Post
                            as someone who thought she would never marry
                            And thank you Jesus for flushing that last bit of stubborn feminazism out of our good sister!
                            Posted via Prayer

                            1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
                            Bearing my husband's heirs and being SAVED!

                            Blogging for CHRIST!
                            Witnessing for GOD on YouTube!
                            All a-Twitter for Salvation!
                            Bringing Jesus to MySpace!
                            On FIRE for the Lord on Facebook!
                            My Ladies of Landover profile!

                            Comment

                            • Lisa H
                              Proud to be Blonde, Beautiful, and Baptist
                              True Christian™
                              • Jun 2010
                              • 5070

                              #29
                              Re: Intro

                              Originally posted by Reila* View Post
                              Hello,
                              My name is Reila (pronounced like rayla), and I'm 21 years old. I recently graduated from the Marvel college of hair design and aesthetics and curently work part time as a hair stylist and part time as a make up artist. I also write and play music in my spare time.
                              I was raised by atheist parents, but always felt like something was missing from my life. My mother has recently decided that the Pagan path is right for her, and my father died 3 years ago (suicide, I miss my daddy dearly). I feel like I need to find the right path for me, and I was hoping you lovely folks would help me to do that.
                              Hope thats enough for an intro, if you want to know anything else just ask.

                              --Reila
                              You certainty do have an unusual name. Did your parents have a prophecy about you. You name when reversed say's "A lier"
                              Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth
                              Proverbs 19:25 Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware: and reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge.
                              Ezekiel 16:14 And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
                              Proverbs 6:25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
                              Genesis 24:16 And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.
                              Song of Solomon 1:15 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.

                              Comment

                              • Reila*
                                *A little bit on the broken side
                                Unsaved trash
                                • Aug 2010
                                • 16

                                #30
                                Re: Intro

                                I know it's quite a strange name, but there are a lot of strange names in my family. My mother's name is Storm and my father's was Reita. Reila is the female variation of my father's name.

                                Comment

                                Working...