X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • justinebanx
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by Brother Enoch View Post
    Um, you said you haven't read the Bible in its entirety in ANY version. You said you read some bits of the New Testament in a Bible you don't even know the version of.
    Um, I'm just asking what the difference is between the Bible you read, and the other versions out there. That's all. Just because I haven't read the Bible in its entirety in a version I know not of, does not mean I can't ask.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Hutchins
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by elder swan View Post
    I'm not fighting Jesus at all. I'm asking a simple question, which I mind you; has been answered by another member. And good sir, I don't fly a plane, nor am I part of any airline service; for I am 18.
    I answered it too, several times. But you profess to know all about Christianty when it is painfully obvious you have nary a clue about much of anything. Our job is to open your your eyes about God.

    If you want to be a Christian, you must read the Bible and live by the rules set for by God.

    Leave a comment:


  • John Creeser
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by elder swan View Post
    Wait, so let me get this straight. Correct if wrong, but you're saying that I'm not a True Christian, let alone a Christian at all just because I don't read the King James version of the bible? Not to sound rude or anything, but what makes that specific version of the Bible so different from the others?
    The King James version of the Bible is the only accurate translation of the textus receptus. All others are based on the Alexandrian Manuscripts and the Latin Vulgate. Not to mention the other versions are perverted by man. We are commanded by God to never add to or diminish the Word of God. To do so is blasphemy.


    Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

    Deuteronomy 12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

    Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
    Proverbs 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

    Matthew 4:4 Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

    Leave a comment:


  • justinebanx
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by James Hutchins View Post
    Again Justin, you are pressing the issue, why are you fighting Jesus?
    Why do you think God went to all the trouble to have the Bible created and be a perferct work?
    You cannot see the problem to spite your nose. Notice the key words on confusion of yours:
    "I thought"
    "If Not"
    "What is"

    All answered by God ages ago in the Bible, that you refuse to read because you know better. Sounds pretty silly w to me.

    By the way, what airline do you fly for, I wan to be sure to never book a flight with them.
    I'm not fighting Jesus at all. I'm asking a simple question, which I mind you; has been answered by another member. And good sir, I don't fly a plane, nor am I part of any airline service; for I am 18.

    Leave a comment:


  • Brother Enoch
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by elder swan View Post
    Wait, so let me get this straight. Correct if wrong, but you're saying that I'm not a True Christian, let alone a Christian at all just because I don't read the King James version of the bible? Not to sound rude or anything, but what makes that specific version of the Bible so different from the others?
    Um, you said you haven't read the Bible in its entirety in ANY version. You said you read some bits of the New Testament in a Bible you don't even know the version of.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Hutchins
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by elder swan View Post
    I thought being Christian was accepting Jesus as my lord and savior? If that is not being Christian, then what is?
    Again Justin, you are pressing the issue, why are you fighting Jesus?
    Why do you think God went to all the trouble to have the Bible created and be a perferct work?
    You cannot see the problem to spite your nose. Notice the key words on confusion of yours:
    "I thought"
    "If Not"
    "What is"

    All answered by God ages ago in the Bible, that you refuse to read because you know better. Sounds pretty silly to me.

    By the way, what airline do you fly for, I wan to be sure to never book a flight with them.

    Leave a comment:


  • justinebanx
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by John Creeser View Post
    Well you've come to the right place. In a nutshell, if you're not reading from the King James version of the Bible, you're certainly not a True Christian™. If you are cherry picking the fluffy bunny verses of the NT, you're not a True Christian™. As Brother Enoch mentioned, you must follow the entire Bible, and to the letter!! (and that includes the teachings of the Old Testament).

    So with that said, please don't refer to yourself as a Christian. Now, you got your reading cut out for you, snap to it!!
    Wait, so let me get this straight. Correct if wrong, but you're saying that I'm not a True Christian, let alone a Christian at all just because I don't read the King James version of the bible? Not to sound rude or anything, but what makes that specific version of the Bible so different from the others?

    Leave a comment:


  • John Creeser
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by elder swan View Post
    I thought being Christian was accepting Jesus as my lord and savior? If that is not being Christian, then what is?
    Well you've come to the right place. In a nutshell, if you're not reading from the King James version of the Bible, you're certainly not a True Christian™. If you are cherry picking the fluffy bunny verses of the NT, you're not a True Christian™. As Brother Enoch mentioned, you must follow the entire Bible, and to the letter!! (and that includes the teachings of the Old Testament).

    So with that said, please don't refer to yourself as a Christian. Now, you got your reading cut out for you, snap to it!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Brother Enoch
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by elder swan View Post
    I thought being Christian was accepting Jesus as my lord and savior? If that is not being Christian, then what is?
    Refer to the post immediately before yours.

    Leave a comment:


  • justinebanx
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by James Hutchins View Post
    Justin, how can you have a 'Christin mindset' if you do not know what a Christian is?

    That is like waking up in the morning, deciding you are a airplane pilot and go flying.
    I thought being Christian was accepting Jesus as my lord and savior? If that is not being Christian, then what is?

    Leave a comment:


  • Brother Enoch
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by elder swan View Post
    I'm just saying I'm open minded to different ideas while maintaining a Christian mindset, if that makes any sense.
    It doesn't. The Christian mindset is to follow all instructions in the Bible to the letter.

    James 2:10
    For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

    Clear?

    Leave a comment:


  • James Hutchins
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by That's what she said View Post
    Hi I'm Marena. I don't know how to say anything without sounding disrespectful. I honestly can't agree with a group of people so closed minded as this. If there was a God, I don't think he'd condemn so many types of people, as you guys seem to. I'd like to know your opinion on homosexuals? They're human too, and if you're correct made by the same creator. And I haven't run into any instance where "god" has helped me. There isn't any proof that anything that happened in the bible is legitimate .
    Another person seething with hate.

    How about reading the forum rules. Make your own intro like smart Justn here did. At least he did not come on here spouting his dogma, instead, he told us about himself in a kind and sharing manner. No wonder no one likes you.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Hutchins
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by elder swan View Post
    Thank you for the welcome my good sir. Don't get me wrong, I've read some part of the new testament a few years back. I didn't mean to imply that I know better than God and therefore make up my own rules, I'm just saying I'm open minded to different ideas while maintaining a Christian mindset, if that makes any sense.
    Justin, how can you have a 'Christin mindset' if you do not know what a Christian is?

    That is like waking up in the morning, deciding you are a airplane pilot and go flying.

    Leave a comment:


  • justinebanx
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by John Creeser View Post
    Hello Justin,

    Can you tell us at least what version of the Bible you've cherry picked?
    I'm not sure which version of the Bible it is, I just picked it up from the bookshelf in my house.

    Leave a comment:


  • That's what she said
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Hi I'm Marena. I don't know how to say anything without sounding disrespectful. I honestly can't agree with a group of people so closed minded as this. If there was a God, I don't think he'd condemn so many types of people, as you guys seem to. I'd like to know your opinion on homosexuals? They're human too, and if you're correct made by the same creator. And I haven't run into any instance where "god" has helped me. There isn't any proof that anything that happened in the bible is legitimate .

    Leave a comment:

Working...