X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Miss Christine
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by Rev. Jim Osborne View Post
    Exactly. And sometimes you know the answers, but don't really understand them...or some of the answers fly in the face of common sense (but that's the Devil talking), and it's still awesome because you know the answers!
    I think a lot of the people posting on here are looking for the "fluffy" cliche answers or worse yet, use their own common sense and call it "Christianity". So true that many Biblical truths are contrary to common sense- I certianly wouldn't have known them had I not read the Bible.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rev. Jim Osborne
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by James Hutchins View Post
    You know, simply reading the Bible will give you all the answers. You have no idea (not yet anyways) how awesome it is knowing all the answers.
    Exactly. And sometimes you know the answers, but don't really understand them...or some of the answers fly in the face of common sense (but that's the Devil talking), and it's still awesome because you know the answers!

    Leave a comment:


  • James Hutchins
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by AlrightThen View Post
    Finally somebody gives me an answer that isn't insulting.
    Thank you.
    I understand where you're coming from, just as a person it's hard for me to grasp the concept of something I don't understand.
    You know, simply reading the Bible will give you all the answers. You have no idea (not yet anyways) how awesome it is knowing all the answers.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zechariah Smyth
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by Redeemed Papist View Post
    Then just do as you're told without question. The Bible is like an all you can eat buffet for Godly instruction. You don't need to understand a single one; just follow them and you'll be saved.
    Exactly!



    If these people were replacing the cylinder head on a Jeep, and the manual told them to torque the bolts in a specific pattern to 50 ft.-lbs. they wouldn't think twice about it, but they question the instructions in the Bible all day long.

    Isn't their Eternal Soul more important than a straight-six?

    Yours in Christ,

    Z. Smyth

    Leave a comment:


  • Redeemed Papist
    replied
    Re: Alright

    as a person it's hard for me to grasp the concept of something I don't understand.
    Then just do as you're told without question. The Bible is like an all you can eat buffet for Godly instruction. You don't need to understand a single one; just follow them and you'll be saved.

    Leave a comment:


  • Billy Bob Jenkins
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by Bobby-Joe View Post
    The other issue you are missing friend is ALL of us have sinned equally. EVERYONE is killed of a damnable sin from the moment they are born. Doesn't matter if you are baby or Adolph Hitler - everyone deserves Hell. Only by accepting Jesus as our Savior do we get a fresh start from that. That's why a murders get to repent.
    Absolutely right brother! I don't care how good of a person one is! Everyone should burn in Hell, and anyone who thinks differently has had their moral compass skewed by secularism! I don't care who you are! Everyone deserves to burn, burn, burn!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Brother Enoch
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by Bobby-Joe View Post
    The other issue you are missing friend is ALL of us have sinned equally. EVERYONE is killed of a damnable sin from the moment they are born. Doesn't matter if you are baby or Adolph Hitler - everyone deserves Hell. Only by accepting Jesus as our Savior do we get a fresh start from that. That's why a murders get to repent.
    Amen! If Hitler accepted Jesus before shooting himself in the bonker, he's in Heaven. And if Mother Theresa didn't renounce her Papist ways before dying, then she's rotting in Hell. Shout Glory!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Bobby-Joe
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by AlrightThen View Post
    Finally somebody gives me an answer that isn't insulting.
    Thank you.
    I understand where you're coming from, just as a person it's hard for me to grasp the concept of something I don't understand.
    The other issue you are missing friend is ALL of us have sinned equally. EVERYONE is killed of a damnable sin from the moment they are born. Doesn't matter if you are baby or Adolph Hitler - everyone deserves Hell. Only by accepting Jesus as our Savior do we get a fresh start from that. That's why a murders get to repent.

    Leave a comment:


  • teenaged cowlover
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by Redeemed Papist View Post
    You don't need to understand God - you just need to heed God. How much plainer can God say it to you?

    Jeremiah 9:3 And they bend their tongues like their bow for lies: but they are not valiant for the truth upon the earth; for they proceed from evil to evil, and they know not me, saith the LORD.

    Hebrews 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

    Mark 3:35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

    1 John 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
    Finally somebody gives me an answer that isn't insulting.
    Thank you.
    I understand where you're coming from, just as a person it's hard for me to grasp the concept of something I don't understand.

    Leave a comment:


  • Redeemed Papist
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by AlrightThen View Post
    I just don't understand what is making it a sin!? It makes absolutely no sense to me.
    You don't need to understand God - you just need to heed God. How much plainer can God say it to you?

    Jeremiah 9:3 And they bend their tongues like their bow for lies: but they are not valiant for the truth upon the earth; for they proceed from evil to evil, and they know not me, saith the LORD.

    Hebrews 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

    Mark 3:35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

    1 John 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

    Leave a comment:


  • Redeemed Papist
    replied
    Re: Alright

    I'm a believer in both Jesus and God. I haven't read the bible through and through
    There's your problem! Anyone reading the bible all the way through as a child reads it can only come to one conclusion about the true nature of God!

    Leave a comment:


  • teenaged cowlover
    replied
    Re: Alright

    I just don't understand what is making it a sin!? It makes absolutely no sense to me.
    And I am not telling GOD what is right!! If i were trying to do that don't you think I would be trying to talk to him and not you folk?

    Leave a comment:


  • Rev. Jim Osborne
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Originally posted by AlrightThen View Post
    I recognize his love quite well! I just don't understand why if God is so loving how his love can be so conditional.. It doesn't seem fair that people who have committed murder and stolen and done all kinds of horrible things can repent for their sins and be better than somebody who has never done anything bad but doesn't commit their life to a bible.. They still committed the crime did they not? And since you're going to tell me "God is forgiving" Why can't he forgive the humans in this world that just happen to like the same sex? How is that worse than murder?
    Look, God is forgiving and does love us tremendously. That is why He gave us the gift of his son who temporarily died on the cross for our sins that we are born with. In fact, God will forgive any sin*. If a person can commit horrible crimes like murder and cannibalism, like Jeffrey Dahmer, and then sincerely repent of those crimes and be allowed to Heaven....isn't that the ultimate expression of love? I would think so! Could you as a mortal human being find the same amount of compassion and forgiveness as God?

    And, if you pay attention, God does forgive gay people, just as long as they repent from the horrible sin of homosexuality and become an ex-gay. Homosexuality is a sin and if a person keeps sinning and doesn't repent, they will go to Hell. Those are the rules. Who are you to tell God what is right and what is wrong when He is the ultimate arbitrator of morality?

    *Except blasphemy of the Holy Ghost. See Mark 3:28-29 for details.

    Leave a comment:


  • teenaged cowlover
    replied
    Re: Alright

    Have you even picked up a Holy Bible (KJV 1611), son?[/QUOTE]

    Why would I here asking this question if I hadn't? I didn't come here to be insulted and have you think I am an idiot (or a male, since i am a Female)
    I honestly do not understand and I find it quite rude that instead of somebody nicely answering my question I am being ridiculed.



    The fact that you do not recognize God's Love for what it is only goes to show the distance you place between yourself and your Creator. My family and I will pray for you.[/QUOTE]

    I recognize his love quite well! I just don't understand why if God is so loving how his love can be so conditional.. It doesn't seem fair that people who have committed murder and stolen and done all kinds of horrible things can repent for their sins and be better than somebody who has never done anything bad but doesn't commit their life to a bible.. They still committed the crime did they not? And since you're going to tell me "God is forgiving" Why can't he forgive the humans in this world that just happen to like the same sex? How is that worse than murder?

    And No, I am not a homosexual, I just never understood this.

    Leave a comment:


  • Faith_Machine
    replied
    Re: Alright

    I'm sorry Justine, that was overly harsh of me, and one of the pastors here had to have a private word with me about my treatment of you.

    I hope that you can forgive me, friend. It's just that I get so angry when I hear about people being "open minded," or worse yet, not reading the Bible!

    Leave a comment:

Working...