X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHOOSING YOUR CATERERS !

Friends,

I recently had to cancel the Caterers for our forthcoming Wedding - because I discovered they were run by Joos!

Yes, Joos! I cannot believe this has happened - these companies should be clearer on their advertising. And you know, I thought they were a little bit pricey - that explains it all!

Luckily we found out in time, before our Wedding Buffet was full of trash like Schnitzel, Felafel, Koftas, Hummus, and similar disgusting Joo-garbage!

Has anyone had any similar nightmares when booking Caterers?

Re: CHOOSING YOUR CATERERS !

When hiring service contractors for an important event like this it is a good idea to get personal referrals and recommendations from people whose judgment you trust.
    May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

You could always do what we did. We prepared all the food for our wedding reception ourselves.
      Now that Obama has won the election there will be big black cock for every white woman!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tidal wave of warm spit View Post
        You could always do what we did. We prepared all the food for our wedding reception ourselves.
        What did you make? Cheese sandwiches and sweet tea with lemon?
        Let Jesus Christ Wash You Clean
        in 2016

Comment

For five guests?

Comment

Originally posted by VictoryOS View Post
            What did you make? Cheese sandwiches and sweet tea with lemon?
            Nope:
            We had spinach Madeline, an assortment of fresh fruits and vegetables, an assortment of pickled vegetables, cucumber sandwiches, an assortment of cheeses (real cheese - not Velveeta or American slices), spicy boiled shrimp. I cooked the spinach Madeline and the shrimp, my husband made the cucumber sandwiches, and we both washed, cut, and arranged vegetables on trays. We both cubed blocks of cheese into bite-size pieces and arranged them on trays. The pickled vegetables came from the farmer's market.
            In addition to that, we had several bottles of wine from a local vineyard, several bottles of champagne, and warm sake. Of course, we also had milk and juice for the kids present.
            Now that Obama has won the election there will be big black cock for every white woman!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
              For five guests?

Nope - couple dozen. We held the wedding at our house. We wanted a spiritual ceremony celebrating our love for each other with our closest family and friends, not a pageant to show off how far into debt we could go.

Comment

Originally posted by tidal wave of warm spit View Post
                we also had milk and juice for the kids present.
                You gave the kids MILK as a present?? You know, in most normal societies, kids are given a toy as a present, not milk.

You never fail to amaze me, Spitface.

Comment

Cheapskate.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother_Percy View Post
                    You gave the kids MILK as a present?? You know, in most normal societies, kids are given a toy as a present, not milk.

You never fail to amaze me, Spitface.

No, I gave the kids who were present at the wedding milk as a beverage.

Comment

Cheapskate.

I don't think so. We had the people we love most with us to celebrate our special day, we had a spiritually fulfilling ceremony, and all of our guests went home with full stomachs. You don't need an ice sculpture and a skyscraper cake.
                      Plus we were able to pay for everything in cash, and still have plenty in the budget to cover all the bills.

Comment

You don't understand that there are hard working professionals who will do this for you so that you can enjoy your special day. They suffer if you DIY. They need work, too. Are you a professional caterer? Did you play all the music and serve all the drinks, too? Must have been a busy day.

Comment

You don't understand that there are hard working professionals who will do this for you so that you can enjoy your special day. They suffer if you DIY. They need work, too. Are you a professional caterer?

We enjoyed doing it all ourselves. Planning and executing it exactly the way we wanted it was part of the joy of the day.

Did you play all the music and serve all the drinks, too? Must have been a busy day.

We ripped the music we wanted from our cd collection, burned it onto a single disc and had music in surround sound.
                          Adults served themselves drinks and filled their own plates, parents served their children beverages and helped them with their plates.

Comment

Are you sure that you have music in surround sound? I would suspect that it is in stereo, only.

Sounds like a nice picnic, though.

Now, back to topic.

How should the lucky bride pick a caterer for their wedding celebration? Does Landover have an approved list of caterers for local weddings?

Comment

Are you sure that you have music in surround sound? I would suspect that it is in stereo, only.
                              If you use the dvd player to play the cd, it plays through the surround sound system on the tv.

Comment

Working...
                              X