X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Need for Affordable Housing in Freehold

While my application for housing in Freehold has STILL not been approved (AHEM!), I had the privilege of speaking with a few realtors in your area and I found some disturbing news: less than 1 percent of housing in the gated community of Freehold is considered "affordable" by Federal standards. Indeed, the vast majority of rental property is in the $3500-14000 per month range! This is ridiculous! Where do the help live? Please educate me on this seeming disparity.

I discovered that only one mile from the gates of Freehold, a 3 bedroom home can easily be found for $800 monthly. Fuel prices are anywhere from $1 to $2 cheaper than in Freehold.

I know I am but a young, intelligent, virile, well-built and handsome man, but how would I raise a family in Freehold when the majority of my trust fund would be required just to rent a home? I would almost have to remain unmarried in order to pay tithes and keep up with normal daily expenses. Does God bless you all with the ability to pay these things just because of your tithes?

And what the heck is up with my application for residency? It's been MONTHS.
    Proverbs 21:31 KJV 1611:
    “The horse is prepared against the day of battell: but safetie is of the Lord.”

Lord, may I serve my equine brothers and sisters just as I do my fellow man.
    Amen and Amen

Re: The Need for Affordable Housing in Freehold

Originally posted by BrotherLarry View Post
    Where do the help live? Please educate me on this seeming disparity.

I discovered that only one mile from the gates of Freehold, a 3 bedroom home can easily be found for $800 monthly. Fuel prices are anywhere from $1 to $2 cheaper than in Freehold.
    I think you just answered your own question there, Brother Larry. If you don't have the space for them to live-in, they live outside Freehold. Is this a problem?

As you know, we don't currently live in Freehold, as my husband's work requires him to be in England at this time. He solved the problem of where to put the help by building basic (but appropriate) accommodation in the grounds - out of sight of the house, obviously. Would this be a possibility for you?

I know I am but a young, intelligent, virile, well-built and handsome man, but how would I raise a family in Freehold when the majority of my trust fund would be required just to rent a home?
    Are you saying that even when you add your trust income to your earnings from the gnathology practice, Freehold's very reasonable rentals are still a problem? The only practical suggestion I can offer is that you should purchase a property instead.
    Vaccinated by the love of Jesus!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherLarry View Post
      I know I am but a young, intelligent, virile, well-built and handsome man, but how would I raise a family in Freehold when the majority of my trust fund would be required just to rent a home? I would almost have to remain unmarried in order to pay tithes and keep up with normal daily expenses. Does God bless you all with the ability to pay these things just because of your tithes?
      You just need to pray harder, BrotherLarry. And keep tithing! The Lord will surely bless you with all manner of abundance in the fullness of (His) time.

Look at me. I tithe 85% of my temporary disability income to Christian causes and basically only eat ramen noodles on alternate days. But cups of hot tea fill my belly while Jesus warms my heart.

I just KNOW that The Lord will be blessing me with money, meat, a second pair of shoes and others things that I need any day now. I just need to stay the course and have Faith.
      His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy

Comment

As always, Sister Handy speaks wisely. God will provide, in His Own time. As to the problem of not being able to afford marriage, why not just seek out a young woman with an adequate dowry? Unfortunately two of my stepdaughters are already married, and highly desirable negotiations are in progress for the third - who is, in any case, allergic to horsehair. This is a shame for you (if not for them) as they are well-endowed both spiritually and financially. But there must be other True Christian(tm) families out there with an eligible female they would like to get off their hands. Have you tried the small ads in the church newsletter?

I will pray for you. And Sister Handmaiden, rest assured that I would pray for you too if I thought it necessary. But I am confident that your own prayers are more than enough for Our Lord to favor you with His Gifts.

Comment

Brother Larry,

If it's marriage you want it is marriage you shall have. I have just the "daughter" for you. "She" is currently living in Canada but should be able to make "herself" available on short notice. "She" also comes with an extremely large dowry and is not allergic to horses. Please let me know if you are interested as I will have to contact that Joo Lawyer Hezekiah to transport "her" back across the border.

Yours, hopefully,

Thomas.
          Isaiah 66:15

For behold, the Lord wil come with fire, and with his charets like a whirlewinde, to render his anger with furie, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Taylor View Post
            Brother Larry,

If it's marriage you want it is marriage you shall have. I have just the "daughter" for you. "She" is currently living in Canada but should be able to make "herself" available on short notice. "She" also comes with an extremely large dowry and is not allergic to horses. Please let me know if you are interested as I will have to contact that Joo Lawyer Hezekiah to transport "her" back across the border.

Yours, hopefully,

Thomas.

My Dear Friend,

I do not want your "daughter," who has given himself over to sin. I think you know who I want, but of that love I cannot speak here. For now it is a distant dream - one that I pray comes true someday.

In manly friendship,
            BrotherLarry

Amen and Amen

Comment

Begging the pardon of the manly men of LBC, but the term, "affordable housing" feels a little disquieting.

It sounds like something that I have read about, but not on any proper conservative news site.
              His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy

Comment

Originally posted by handmaiden View Post
                Begging the pardon of the manly men of LBC, but the term, "affordable housing" feels a little disquieting.
                You make yet another very good point there, Sister. The great unwashed hordes in commie Britain are forever wittering on about it, though they are less than forthcoming about what "affordable" means. Basically they seem to be talking about something that idle dole-scum can afford. Really, the term does not belong in the same sentence as "Freehold".

Comment

Affordable housing is a boon to ANY community. I've worked with the impoverished people of NY City for a long time to bring about truly affordable housing, but the powers that be want NYC to be a haven for the uber rich and their intention is to run out the "common people." It is a travesty that the great city of New York has to be so elitist and so cold to those whose work has made it such a wonderful place.

Freehold would do well to break down those gates and build some apartments or houses in the $300-600 range. Your tax income would increase, your schools would receive more funding, and your church could grow as new opportunities for growing your flock would be available. Picture it: the grande dames of the church seated next to someone from a $300 apartment, and developing friendships.

That is as G_d would have it.
                  A half truth is a whole lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey View Post
                    You make yet another very good point there, Sister. The great unwashed hordes in commie Britain are forever wittering on about it, though they are less than forthcoming about what "affordable" means. Basically they seem to be talking about something that idle dole-scum can afford. Really, the term does not belong in the same sentence as "Freehold".

Dear Sister Joanna,

From my experience of the UK affordable housing means a free, government paid for, 5 bedroom townhouse in an affluent area like Kensington (although I have noticed that these seem to be reserved for mooslims and other immigrants). The idle dole scum, as you so poignantly put it, seem to get the same deal only they get a 3 bedroom council house.

YIC
                    TT

For behold, the Lord wil come with fire, and with his charets like a whirlewinde, to render his anger with furie, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Comment

I also believe that there should be affordable housing in Freehold Iowa because expensive housing is racist. I am now living in Georgetown which is a garrison of Washington DC and the rents here are very high and racist. I am blessed that I do not have to pay monies for rents because I am receiving lodging as part of the reparations I am receiving from Georgetown University resulting from the possible unjust enslavement of my ancestors by the Jesuits who own this university. If Freehold Iowa was to have more affordable housing they would be able to experience the joys of diversity that many other communities in Babylon are embracing.
                      Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: Extol him that rideth upon the heavens By his name JAH, and rejoice before him.-Psalms 68:4

Comment

Brother Larry,

Just think of the Dowry. It is rather large and would enable you to purchase a new house in Freehold and still leave enough to tithe very generously. Once married and the funds have been transferred you could always file for divorce on the grounds of misrepresentation. It would also enable me to visit on a more regular basis as there are certain legalities we would have to take care of.

Deuteronomy 24:1

When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give [it] in her hand, and send her out of his house.

Let me know what you think and, if you have any ideas, we can come to some sort of an arrangement.

Your friend
                        Tom

Comment

NO.

I am not interested in a dowry. I am only interested in serving the LORD GOD and bringing men to their knees before Him.

I will not spit in the face of Baby Jesus by having any sort of relationship with an unsaved person nor would I even if "it" was saved, which is impossible since he/she is going against what the LORD GOD intended.

Yours always,
                          BrotherLarry

Amen and Amen

Comment

I know that if i keep on tithing ill' soon be able to start my business making sausage rolls so I can move out of Pastors garage and get my own place the Pastors all ways tell me you cant' out give God.

Comment

The Center for the Underprivileged will be bringing a lawsuit against the municipality of Freehold shortly, which will require them to meet affordable housing standards and will overturn their independent status in the eyes of the Iowa legislature.

Many Republicans support this measure, which will help to establish new leadership outside of the dictatorial mayor that has held his post way too long.

As Bob Dylan said, The times, they are a changin'.
                              A half truth is a whole lie.

Comment

Working...
                              X