X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Difference from Catholics?

Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
    Anyway, she's a lot better than that 'James Peter' guy. What's his nick name? Jimmy Peter? That's just two names for pecker in my book.
    Of course she is and she is also much much much much much much much much smater than Jim Pete. I didn't know just how stupid papist were until I engaged him in debate. Sadly, he is a poor opponent. But when you've been trained by Wash, all opponents are weak. Looks like another debating victory is coming up.
    Master of Godly Debating

Latest Conquest:Sacred Heart

Debate Record
    Currently Undefeated
    Lastest Debates:
    Catholic - Not Christian: Former Altar Boy/Molestation Victim with "Stockholm Syndrome" admits catholicism is false
    James Peter: Idiotic Catholic Retard Thwarted
    Vayhr of the Warhost: Unrepentant wigger struck down.
    Teflon: See the post that nailed him.
    86 Victories
    0 Defeats

Past Victories (Archive):
    Uppity Atheist Pagan Witch finally keels over and DIES. America Wins Again!!!
    Uppity feeble minded witch needs to be taught how to debate
    Racist Nazi Feminazi Bulldyke CRUSHED in debate

Comment

Originally posted by Remy Lebeau View Post
      That was a joke, right? You just made a complete and utter fool out of yourself.

Thank you for proving without a doubt that Mary is dead and buried by default seeing that the Bible says absolutely nothing about her ascending alive into heaven.

Did you really think you could just post random scripture and... nevermind, I don't want to know what goes on in that head of yours.
      No, those quotes really do all refer to the Assumption of Mary, even the Pope said so!!! I mean, yes, read in context they obviously refer to other things, but God worded it in such a way that when read out of context we could see the truth!

“While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.” – Matthew 12:46-50

Above, Jesus distinguishes between blood brothers and brothers in faith.

"Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things? And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his OWN house." – Matthew 12:55-57

Not his Father's sister's house, but his OWN house.

"Aristarchus my fellow prisoner saluteth you, and Marcus, sister's son to Barnabas, (touching whom ye received commandments: if he come unto you, receive him" - Collosians 4:10

There is an actual greek word for cousin.

"And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James. These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren." - Acts 1:13-14

Clearly, Jesus's mother and brothers are counted seperately from those other men.

You have done nothing but spew conjecture. Funny how it says the Mary had other children as plain as day and yet you sit here cut and pasting a wall of text which attempts to rationalize away this most simple truth: that Mary had sex with Joseph, as God intended, and was not a virgin when she died.

You failed. Jesus had "half-brothers". You haven't shown otherwise. All you've shown is how much catholics can't be trusted to convey scripture. You're reaching reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally far and grabbing hold of nothing.
      Because neither Hebrew nor Aramaic (the language spoken by Christ and his disciples) had a special word meaning "cousin," speakers of those languages could use either the word for "brother" or a circumlocution, such as "the son of my uncle." But circumlocutions are clumsy, so the Jews often used "brother."

The writers of the New Testament were brought up using the Aramaic equivalent of "brothers" to mean both cousins and sons of the same father—plus other relatives and even non-relatives. When they wrote in Greek, they did the same thing the translators of the Septuagint did. (The Septuagint was the Greek version of the Hebrew Bible; it was translated by Hellenistic Jews a century or two before Christ’s birth and was the version of the Bible from which most of the Old Testament quotations found in the New Testament are taken.)

In the Septuagint the Hebrew word that includes both brothers and cousins was translated as adelphos, which in Greek usually has the narrow meaning that the English "brother" has. Unlike Hebrew or Aramaic, Greek has a separate word for cousin, anepsios, but the translators of the Septuagint used adelphos, even for true cousins.

You might say they transliterated instead of translated, importing the Jewish idiom into the Greek Bible. They took an exact equivalent of the Hebrew word for "brother" and did not use adelphos in one place (for sons of the same parents), and anepsios in another (for cousins). This same usage was employed by the writers of the New Testament and passed into English translations of the Bible. To determine what "brethren" or "brother" or "sister" means in any one verse, we have to look at the context. When we do that, we see that insuperable problems arise if we assume that Mary had children other than Jesus.

When the angel Gabriel appeared to Mary and told her that she would conceive a son, she asked, "How can this be since I have no relations with a man?" (Luke 1:34). From the Church’s earliest days, as the Fathers interpreted this Bible passage, Mary’s question was taken to mean that she had made a vow of lifelong virginity, even in marriage. (This was not common, but neither was it unheard of.) If she had not taken such a vow, the question would make no sense.

Mary knew how babies are made (otherwise she wouldn’t have asked the question she did). If she had anticipated having children in the normal way and did not intend to maintain a vow of virginity, she would hardly have to ask "how" she was to have a child, since conceiving a child in the "normal" way would be expected by a newlywed wife. Her question makes sense only if there was an apparent (but not a real) conflict between keeping a vow of virginity and acceding to the angel’s request. A careful look at the New Testament shows that Mary kept her vow of virginity and never had any children other than Jesus.

When Jesus was found in the Temple at age twelve, the context suggests that he was the only son of Mary and Joseph. There is no hint in this episode of any other children in the family (Luke 2:41–51). Jesus grew up in Nazareth, and the people of Nazareth referred to him as "the son of Mary" (Mark 6:3), not as "a son of Mary." In fact, others in the Gospels are never referred to as Mary’s sons, not even when they are called Jesus’ "brethren." If they were in fact her sons, this would be strange usage.

Also, the attitude taken by the "brethren of the Lord" implies they are his elders. In ancient and, particularly, in Eastern societies (remember, Palestine is in Asia), older sons gave advice to younger, but younger seldom gave advice to older—it was considered disrespectful to do so. But we find Jesus’ "brethren" saying to him that Galilee was no place for him and that he should go to Judea so he could make a name for himself (John 7:3–4).

Another time, they sought to restrain him for his own benefit: "And when his family heard it, they went out to seize him, for people were saying, ‘He is beside himself’" (Mark 3:21). This kind of behavior could make sense for ancient Jews only if the "brethren" were older than Jesus, but that alone eliminates them as his biological brothers, since Jesus was Mary’s "first-born" son (Luke 2:7).

Consider what happened at the foot of the cross. When he was dying, Jesus entrusted his mother to the apostle John (John 19:26–27). The Gospels mention four of his "brethren": James, Joseph, Simon, and Jude. It is hard to imagine why Jesus would have disregarded family ties and made this provision for his mother if these four were also her sons.

Search the world's largest database of answers about the beliefs and practices of the Catholic faith. Learn more about Catholicism through articles, books, videos and more.

Do you WANT me to ban you? You are in OUR house. Show me some respect or get out. This is your first strike.
      It may be your house, but it's the Pope's world. He is the supreme global leader.

Riddle me this, papist. How exactly would it be a bad example for a husband to have sex with his wife and have children? Would the survival of the human race be scandalous or a bad example. Spare me your lesbo feminazi propaganda about women not having to submit to their husbands in every way. As a woman, Mary's purpose in life was to function as a baby oven. For what reason would Mary not have relations with her husband? There is no rationale for this homersexural Joseph you are trying to portray other than the fact that you worship Mary as a goddess and don't like the idea of your goddess ever being diddled by a mortal man.

I almost forgot who I was talking to. Your church molests little boy and then protects the molesters from prosecution and pays out hush money AUTHORIZED BY YOUR HYPOCRITE GODLESS POPE!!! What would you know about avoiding scandal? May all your popes burn in Hell for all eternity!!!
      Search the world's largest database of answers about the beliefs and practices of the Catholic faith. Learn more about Catholicism through articles, books, videos and more.

"But it’s not a sin for a married couple to have marital relations."

True, ordinarily. But even in the Old Testament God asked married couples to refrain from intercourse for various reasons. For example, the priests of the temple had to refrain from intimacy with their wives during the time of their service. Likewise, Moses had the Israelites abstain from intercourse as he ascended Mount Sinai (Ex. 20:15). There is a theme here of refraining from marital rights because of the presence of something very holy.

The Church Fathers knew that there was something greater than the temple in Mary’s womb, comparing it to the Eastern Gate mentioned in Ezekiel 44: "This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it; for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it; therefore it shall remain shut." Mary had become the dwelling place of the Almighty, like the Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament.

Now, if Uzzah was struck dead for touching the Ark (2 Sam. 6:6–8), should it be surprising that Joseph understood that Mary was a vessel consecrated to God alone? The idea that Joseph assumed normal marital relations with Mary after the birth of Christ was an irreverence that even the Protestant reformers rejected.

Interestingly, according to Jewish law, if a man was betrothed to a woman and she became pregnant from another, he could never have relations with her. The man had to put her away privately or condemn her in public and put her to death. Joseph chose the more merciful option.

Then, the angel told him to lead her into the house as a wife (paralambano gunaika), but the language that describes marital relations is not used here. It was used, however, in Luke 1:35: "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you." To "overshadow" a woman was a euphemism for having a marital relationship, as was the phrase "to lay one’s power" over a woman. The Holy Spirit had espoused Mary, and she had been consecrated, set apart for God.

Also, it appears that Mary had made a vow of virginity. When the angel said that she would conceive and bear a son, she asked, "How can this be, since I do not know man?" She knew how babies were made, and she was about to be married. "How can this be?" would seem like a pretty silly question unless she had made a prior vow of virginity.
      in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti

Comment

Originally posted by James Peter View Post
        No, those quotes really do all refer to the Assumption of Mary, even the Pope said so!!! I mean, yes, read in context they obviously refer to other things, but God worded it in such a way that when read out of context we could see the truth!
        Hmm?

OK, I'm not even going to waste my time reading through the wall of text you cut and pasted because I'm sure it doesn't prove your point and makes you look like an even bigger idiot. I'm declaring victory. Jesus wins again!!!

Enjoy hell. Stock up on sun screen, drink plenty of liquid nitrogen and remember to bring lubricant.
        Master of Godly Debating

Debate Record
        Currently Undefeated
        Lastest Debates:
        Catholic - Not Christian: Former Altar Boy/Molestation Victim with "Stockholm Syndrome" admits catholicism is false
        86 Victories
        0 Defeats

Comment

Hmm?

OK, I'm not even going to waste my time reading through the wall of text you cut and pasted because I'm sure it doesn't prove your point and makes you look like an even bigger idiot. I'm declaring victory. Jesus wins again!!!

Enjoy hell. Stock up on sun screen, drink plenty of liquid nitrogen and remember to bring lubricant.
          He always does that when he's getting beaten badly, Brother Remy. He just copies and pastes longer and longer quotes from catlixs.com.

You have given him yet another beating at the hands of True Christians™.
          Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Levi Jones View Post
            He always does that when he's getting beaten badly, Brother Remy. He just copies and pastes longer and longer quotes from catlixs.com.

You have given him yet another beating at the hands of True Christians™.
            He was too easy. I'm not sure if it's even right to count it as my 84th victory. Maybe my record should only stand as 83.00003 victories on account that he is an obvious retard.
            Master of Godly Debating

Debate Record
            Currently Undefeated
            Lastest Debates:
            86 Victories
            0 Defeats

Comment

Hmm?

Okay, you can't handle reading more than a few short, simple sentences at once before your mind blanks off? Is that what you're saying?

Comment

Okay, you can't handle reading more than a few short, simple sentences at once before your mind blanks off? Is that what you're saying?
                What I'm saying is that nothing you post ever helps your case and that reading your cut and paste job is a waste of my time. If you don't even have the biblical knowledge to present your own arguments why should anyone take you seriously. Go cut and paste elsewhere, pedophile. You've been defeated.
                Master of Godly Debating

Debate Record
                Currently Undefeated
                Lastest Debates:
                86 Victories
                0 Defeats

Comment

The scripture is NOT open to private interpretation!

Comment

The scripture is NOT open to private interpretation!
                    Check out my latest conquest below in my signature. That retard admitted to "interpreting" unrelated verses to come to a conclusion born of his personal desires. It's a pretty shameful display of utter stupidity.
                    Master of Godly Debating

Debate Record
                    Currently Undefeated
                    Lastest Debates:
                    86 Victories
                    0 Defeats

Comment

Check out my latest conquest below in my signature. That retard admitted to "interpreting" unrelated verses to come to a conclusion born of his personal desires. It's a pretty shameful display of utter stupidity.
                      Praise Jesus! Another victory for God, thanks to the Holy Spirit coursing through Brother Remy's muscular frame. Another papist dog kicked for Christ! Shout Glory!!
                      Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

He was too easy. I'm not sure if it's even right to count it as my 84th victory. Maybe my record should only stand as 83.00003 victories on account that he is an obvious retard.
                        No, it was one of those 60 second knockouts a fighter needs to have every once in a while.

It took me a full day to knock him out. You did it in 3-4 posts.
                        Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

It wasn't a PRIVATE interpretation. It was a valid reading of the text authorized by the Magisterum.

Comment

It wasn't a PRIVATE interpretation. It was a valid reading of the text authorized by the Magisterum.
                            So all the higher up pedophiles pooled their collective brain power together to make a single retarded personality that thinks nothing concerning Mary equals everything about Mary?

That's atheist logic!!!

How dumb are they individually if that crap you cut and pasted is the work of their collective brain power?
                            Master of Godly Debating

Debate Record
                            Currently Undefeated
                            Lastest Debates:
                            86 Victories
                            0 Defeats

Comment

And what in the blue blazes would Mary know that God doesn't ???

Jud 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are unGodly among them of all their unGodly deeds which they have unGodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which unGodly sinners have spoken against him.

Comment

So all the higher up pedophiles pooled their collective brain power together to make a single retarded personality that thinks nothing concerning Mary equals everything about Mary?

That's atheist logic!!!

How dumb are they individually if that crap you cut and pasted is the work of their collective brain power?
                                Every day. That you pick up your Holy Bible. You put your complete and total trust in those "pedophiles" that you now ridicule. You owe everything you know about Jesus Christ to the Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church.

It is historical fact that they, by their authority place with them by Jesus Christ, first established the canon oh Holy Scripture. And you dare to insult them.
                                Matthew 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Comment

Working...
                                X