X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How much do you guys think I could sell my daughter for?

Originally posted by Benedict A. Davis View Post
    Thank you for the information sister BIG, it will save me having to sit waiting for my lawyer to return my calls, you know how they are...they are always so busy no matter how much you are paying them.Do you think it is the profession or just the people the profession attracts?
    What a shame, as I am sure that the young girl is well versed in her religious studies and there would be so many fewer changes she would need running my house as I would want it. She is young enough not to have picked up any of her own opinions or ''ways'' of her own, no bad habits that will have been practiced by her that would need to be broken.
    Oh, I understand completely. Being one that married "late in life" we have many issues about how I think things should be run. But then again, I doubt that a young girl like that could handle the household with Seth gone as much as he is. So I'm sure that God was just keeping us separated until we were both ready.

It is unfortunate but we must obey the Bible:
    Romans 13

1Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
    2Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
    3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
    4For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
    5Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
    6For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
    7Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.
    Well if you're willing to wait the three years (or two and how ever many months) you could just consider it a long engagement.
    Drama queen

Comment

Originally posted by BelieverInGod View Post
      Oh, I understand completely. Being one that married "late in life" we have many issues about how I think things should be run. But then again, I doubt that a young girl like that could handle the household with Seth gone as much as he is. So I'm sure that God was just keeping us separated until we were both ready.

Well if you're willing to wait the three years (or two and how ever many months) you could just consider it a long engagement.

Sister, have you heard anything about a training facility for young wives or to be wives? That could be an answer, after 2 years this young child would have time to become an excellent wife. If I could find someone to apprentice her even, I would pay all expenses and would discuss a salary with any man who's wife would take charge of her training, under minimum supervision from myself of course.
      sigpic 1 Chronicles 16:15
      Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations ... an everlasting covenant.
      Proverbs 30:5,6: Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
      Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Benedict A. Davis View Post
        [/B] Sister, have you heard anything about a training facility for young wives or to be wives? That could be an answer, after 2 years this young child would have time to become an excellent wife. If I could find someone to apprentice her even, I would pay all expenses and would discuss a salary with any man who's wife would take charge of her training, under minimum supervision from myself of course.
        Sister Cookie was working on something like this, but I'm not sure how far she's got with it. To be honest, I didn't pay much attention as I don't think I'm a great role-model and only have sons.
        Drama queen

Comment

HEY GUYS!

Is she still available? I would love one.

Comment

Originally posted by Infant Genious View Post
            HEY GUYS!

Christians only, please.

Besides, wouldn't your husband be angry?
            Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Infant Genious View Post
              HEY GUYS!

So droll. There are no "guys" with whom you must get wasted in order to have a "chick" passed over to you like so many buffalo wings.

This is a matter for her father and an acceptable, True Christian, financially solvent ,suitor to pray over. God will guide the negotiations as He sees fit.

We are a group of people gathered to discuss the truth of the Bible. We bring up matters in our individual lives to be examined here because we can count on the fellowship of True Christians to treat our concerns with consideration and compassion and Christ-derived wisdom.

You have shown nothing of the sort. You probably couldn't pick a Bible out of a line up that included Harry Potter, Huck Finn and a telephone directory.

Sneeringly Yours,

Handmaiden
              His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy

Comment

How much dowry does your daughter have.

SURA 4.
                4. And give women their dowries as a free gift, but if they of themselves be
                pleased to give up to you a portion of it, then eat it with enjoyment and with
                wholesome result.
                SURA 1
                2. All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.
                3. The Beneficent, the Merciful.

pbuh means Peace Be Upon Him

Comment

Originally posted by Imam Rashik View Post

SURA 4.
                  4. And give women their dowries as a free gift, but if they of themselves be
                  pleased to give up to you a portion of it, then eat it with enjoyment and with
                  wholesome result.
                  Eat a dowry?
                  Drama queen

Comment

True Christian brides come with no dowry. What's being negotiated here is a bride price that the husband-to-be or rapist pays the father of the bride. They are valuable property to be sold, not liabilities to be pawned off.

SURA 4.4. And give women their dowries as a free gift, but if they of themselves be pleased to give up to you a portion of it, then eat it with enjoyment and with wholesome result.
                    If one ignores the misuse of the word dowry in your quote, the grammar of the rest of sentence implies that it's talking about something that the bride receives, not the groom. The Qu'ranic translation I use (by Dr. Muhammad Taqiuddeen al-Hilaalee, Ph.D. and Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan) has Sura 4:4 as follows:

[004:004] And give to the women (whom you marry) their Mahr (obligatory bridal-money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage) with a good heart; but if they, of their own good pleasure, remit any part of it to you, take it, and enjoy it without fear of any harm (as Allâh has made it lawful).

As the translation I use does not require anyone to eat money I think I'll trust it a bit more, and ask how much you'll be giving to your bride as the Qu'ran requires?

Comment

Well Pastor Levi, I know I am just a woman, but I've been crunching some numbers to make sure you know where to start the bidding. Luckily, the Bible lays out a proper price range for us.

"And thy estimation shall be of the male from twenty years old even unto sixty years old, even thy estimation shall be fifty shekels of silver, after the shekel of the sanctuary. And if it be a female, then thy estimation shall be thirty shekels. And if it be from five years old even unto twenty years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male twenty shekels, and for the female ten shekels. And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver. And if it be from sixty years old and above; if it be a male, then thy estimation shall be fifteen shekels, and for the female ten shekels." Leviticus 27:3-7

Now, according to this wickedpedia article, silver shekels ranged from between 9 and 17 grams, and according to this site, the current price of silver is $764.09 per kilogram. This means your daughter is worth somewhere between $68.77 and $129.90 (I rounded up, of course). Now, I believe that the price of silver is expected to rise, but lets say it stays the same. If you keep your daughter for seven years, you could triple your earnings.

EDIT: I forgot to take into account the shekel of sanctuary. Feel free to add between $6.88 and $12.99 to your asking price.
                      "Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you. For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him." Matthew 21:31-32

An Important Reminder for all unSaved© Ladies
                      Protect Yourself! Important Information about Demons
                      My five Six Step Guide to Stopping Your Miserable Harlotry!
                      Do you hate fornication? Join the Junior Anti-Sex League and help stop it today!
                      An Open Question to All false christians.

Comment

Selling your daughter just like she's nothing to you?

Probably for the best since you couldn't be the better man anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Neloter View Post
                          Selling your daughter just like she's nothing to you?

Probably for the best since you couldn't be the better man anyway.
                          So it's better that he just let her out onto the streets to find her own man? That's how women end up being street walkers you know.
                          Drama queen

Comment

I would be overjoyed to have this young woman! Has she been trained by professional maids in her housework, and can you give examples of her best dishes? Is there a free trial possibility, she seems very interesting, I'd love to invite her to a private pray session before deciding

Your daughter would be put to good use, and of course be supplied with the best tools for cleaning, the best pots for cooking, and she'd be put on a collar that'd shock her if she left my grounds without permission! Hope to hear back, I'd like to bid high and fill her with god!

Comment

Originally posted by Nachodemon View Post
                              I would be overjoyed to have this young woman! Has she been trained by professional maids in her housework, and can you give examples of her best dishes? Is there a free trial possibility, she seems very interesting, I'd love to invite her to a private pray session before deciding

Your daughter would be put to good use, and of course be supplied with the best tools for cleaning, the best pots for cooking, and she'd be put on a collar that'd shock her if she left my grounds without permission! Hope to hear back, I'd like to bid high and fill her with god!
                              You disgust me to my innermost being. This is among us True Christians(tm). You were not invited to it.

This is straight from Exodus 21 and it is something I undertake with only the utmost gravity and I don't appreciate your attempts at levity for anything less than 50k.
                              Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lycia The Repentant
                                … crunching some numbers.
                                I recently undertook a similar calculation - we seem to be running a similar silver price tracker (although I'm in Troy oz) and the shekel conversion seems similar. Could someone advise please the correct value? Admittedly I was contemplating a slightly different scheme after which my status would vary, compared to Rev. Jones' daughter: I was working on a value of 50 silver shekels: instruction from one of the gentlemen would be appreciated, please.

Comment

Working...
                                X