• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playing videogames leads to mass shootings

Originally posted by Dennis Lukes View Post
    Stephen Paddock
    Favorite video game: Video poker
    Number of victims: 58
    Oh man, video poker? No wonder the guy went and shot 58 people, what with those darned playing cards teaching him the evils of the world and such.

Listen, I hate to bring the hammer of reality down on you like this, but I don't know how someone gets to your age without learning that correlation and causation aren't the same thing. What kinda logic bombs are you gonna be dropping on us next? "100% of shooters drink water at some point in their lives, therefore water is satanic."

Comment

I was surprised not to see the word "context" in there. We know that how words are used and what words mean are two different things; water is a good example. Satanic water is everywhere. Of itself, as you suggest, water is probably neutral. What we're talking about here is how it's used.

Jesus baptism was done using water. Not magic water, just ordinary water. There are some very wicked people in the world as a glance at any newspaper will show any day you care to pick one up, some of whom do not treat water as a neutral substance. They believe and use underhand techniques to indoctrinate their children into believing that "magic" can be imparted to water. Catholics. Satanists. Mormons. Chinese water torture proponents. There's probably bottles of "magic" infusions for sale in crystal shops. It's the context having the effect, not the water.

Satanic fools use their water for its non-existent properties as part of the indoctrination "sacrament", in "magic" rituals, in attempts to infect deceased persons with their vile doctrines, to drip by drip insinuate nonsense to elicit false confessions of faith, even to "contact" angels. But no contact made in that way is angelic. How can it be?

As you see, it's the context having the effect, not the water itself. Which is why I'm surprised you didn't use the word. It would actually have been appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Soured Dough View Post
        ..."100% of shooters drink water at some point in their lives, therefore water is satanic."
        Dihydrogen monoxide conspiracists are down the hall to the left.

Comment

Oh man, video poker? No wonder the guy went and shot 58 people, what with those darned playing cards teaching him the evils of the world and such.

Listen, I hate to bring the hammer of reality down on you like this, but I don't know how someone gets to your age without learning that correlation and causation aren't the same thing. What kinda logic bombs are you gonna be dropping on us next? "100% of shooters drink water at some point in their lives, therefore water is satanic."
          Young lady what you seem to be forgetting is that you can use a correlation study to rule out a relationship between two variables.

Before I was Saved(tm) by the Blood of the Lamb I was a working scientist (social psychology). Now, if you have had an education in the philosophy of science you will know that the object of the scientific method is to rule out the hypothesis (and accept H0).

So by doing a correlational study you can rule out (in the case video games having a causal role in mass shootings).

Know that there is a correlation means that you cannot say with any certainty that these schoolboy killers have not been playing video games.

I understand that that may not sound convincing but consider this.

Luke 11:34-36 The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness. Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness. If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light

So you see the sight of people being killed on screen in mindlessly violent games the Sonics the Hedgehogs and the Pac Mans enters through the eyes and causes a darkness of the sound that all bad people (atheists, homers, joos etc) have in spades.

Then we have:

Psalm 5:5 "The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity."

This means anyone who does not follow the Bible(KJV1611) by playing video games is an idiot.

So there you have it. Both science and the Bible(KJV1611) disagree with you.

Jesus wins again.

YIC
          1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Comment

Are you suggesting that Christianity is no more than circulating producer gas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gas Producer.png
Views:	1
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	1922683

Comment

it really depends on the game and individual though.

Comment

is what im trying to say
                Last edited by Pastor Rune Enoe; 01-01-2020, 11:41 AM. Reason: Devilish tongue talking removed

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianGamer2600 View Post
                  it really depends on the game and individual though ... is what im trying to say
                  Correct. Many video games promote sins like drug use, sex, and violence. Many video game players are socially maladjusted autists and loners. Not all will commit crimes because of video games. Some will. The alchemical mixture of the wrong game and the wrong gamer can and does result in mass murder and mayhem. Not all gamers commit mass shootings, but some of them do. Seung-Hui Cho, James Holmes, Adam Lanza, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, Stephen Paddock, Anders Breivik, Nikolas Cruz, and others were gamers.

QED playing video games leads to mass shootings. Thanks for agreeing with us.
                  I was sinking deep in sin far from the peaceful shore,
                  Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more;
                  But the Master of the Sea heard my despairing cry,
                  From the waters lifted me, now safe am I!

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Lukes View Post
                    Oh wow, really?

"100% of shooters have used guns, so why don't we just ban guns?" You see the kind of stupid, retarded "logic" this kind of argument leads to?

Look, idiot. Everyone drinks water. Only a small percentage of people play video games, and a sizeable percentage of those people have gone on to commit mass shootings. James Holmes. Adam Lanza. Nikolas Cruz. These lunatics are your fellow "gamers." You may have played Call of Duty or Halo with them online, for all you know. While you may not have gone on a real life rampage (yet), they were using it as a training simulation!

So, in a way, you share some of the guilt and should be ashamed, you pathetic degenerate. If you're not going to become the next shooter, you're aiding and abetting the nerd who will!

But you can stop this! Put down the controller and pick up a Bible! Man up, you sissy fag, and move out of your parents' basement.

Yours in Christ,
                    Dennis Lukes
                    Adam Lanza was a hoax made up by Obama to try to take away our guns it never happened it was all made up
                    -Ps 25:10 All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
                    -Ps 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
                    -James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Comment

Not all of them. I know some that are pretty harmless like Resident Evil. It's neither an ego shooter nor a jump'n'run, so it can't be evil. Definitely less evil than Zelda. But I won't let my kids play games anyways. They may be the last kids to still go outside. Everyone will believe they were mentally insane because that's our society.
                      No, just kidding, if we are honest, sports games would be the least dangerous genre. But even that is a problem if we spend more time on that than on our family and exposing the Zionist agenda.

I don't need shooters, I am the only person in the Czech Republic to actually own guns. Now they're going after me... but I couldn't care less. I remember the 13-year-old son of my grandma's neighbours who cried after I destroyed his Xbox One (OK, maybe because I only have a Playstation) along with CoD and Battlefield and instead handed me a gun. Sadly... you know how Czech people are. Stalin would have loved 'em.

And a message to that Scoutman dude... seriously dude? Games do not cause violence? I remember having played all the Mario games as a kid and I began jumping around like a madman... so I am the living evidence that games DO have an influence, like it or not. And now that ya mentioned NASA, you know it's Hebrew for "to deceive"? You have a lot to learn yet... but I used to be there too.

Comment

Working...
                      X