X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What Does The Bible Say About War?

It's not a difficult question to answer. One need only open their Family Bible and read the words gloriously written on the page. This is apparently too difficult for the pope to do, as he is prone to denying the Holy Word of God.

NUR-SULTAN, Sept 14 (Reuters) - Pope Francis said on Wednesday that God does not guide religions towards war, an implicit criticism of Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kirill, who backs the invasion of Ukraine and has boycotted a conference of faith leaders.
    It makes one wonder. We know Catholics are encouraged to NOT read their Bibles, but does that mean even the highest officers in this Global Land Grabbing, Money Laundering, Sex Slavery Organization aren't even remotely familiar with the words of Our Savior? How gullible are Catholics that they will believe anything a man behind the pulpit says just because he claims authority and superior knowledge?

It's a shame the Catholics will never know the Cosmic Bodyguard they have in Christ, an ultimate Alpha Male who crushes His enemies even before they decide to oppose Him.

In reality, Jesus often ordered the Israelites to go to war with other nations. He ordered the death penalty for numerous crimes (Exodus 21:12, 15; 22:19; Leviticus 20:9; 11). Jesus is a fan of Capital Punishment, both for individuals and for of entire nations. He will not be mocked!
    Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not;
    but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.
    1 Samuel 15:3
    But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:
    But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee:
    lest they teach you to do according to all their abominations which they have done for their gods, and you sin against the LORD your God.
    Deuteronomy 20:16-18
    About forty thousand prepared for war passed over before the LORD unto battle, to the plains of Jericho.
    Joshua 4:13
    And it came to pass at the seventh time, when the priests blew with the trumpets, Joshua said unto the people, Shout; for the LORD hath given you the city.
    And the city shall be accursed, even it, and all that are therein, to the LORD: only Rahab the harlot shall live, she and all that are with her in the house, because she hid the messengers that we sent.
    Joshua 6:16-17

Bonus joke: How do you circumcise a priest?
    Kick the choirboy in the jaw.
    Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Re: What Does The Bible Say About War?

Thank you Sister Mary for shining the pure light of God's Truth upon this subject.

It really is important to remember that Jesus isn't the long-haired, peace and love, sandal-wearing hippie that the general public seem to think He is.

He's also not some silly animal rights activist. I'm not sure what the sheep and camels of Amalek did to deserve God's wrath, but the important thing to remember is that God knows.
    His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy

Comment

It's so important, Sister Mary, that the public understands the Christian view on war, the one provided by Jesus. We know Jesus took his whip to the money changers in the Temple. This is not "Sweet Jesus." When Jesus returns I think the public will be surprised he means business when it comes to sin and entry to the blessed beyond.
      Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
        Now go and smite...ox and sheep, camel and ass.
        1 Samuel 15:3
        ...and dog:

Trigger warning: you might hurt your trigger finger if you shoot that many dogs all at once.
        Disagree? By failing to register and debate me, you prove that liberals are factless frauds who only persuade through intimidation. To prove otherwise, debate me!
        Got Questions? See Frequently Asked Questions, or use Forum Search, tag system, or our guides on Geography, History, Science, Comparative Religion, Civics, and Current Events.
        Did I use a new word you've never heard? Definitions here. | Vote! Everything you need to vote here!

Comment

It would be interesting to see the pope's Bible. How many pages have been cut out? Obviously this one:
          Exodus chapter 15
          2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.
          3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

Clearly this celebration is all about Salvation, the very thing popes are supposed to be mediating according to their own claims. God disagrees as this verse, posted with context, makes plain. If this pope (or any pope) has missed this over the past thousands of years, the page must not be there: presumably they can read?

Comment

I've talked about Jihad-envy, when I see Islamofascists behaving like better Christians than actual Westerners do. I need an equivalent term, this time for the Russian Orthodox Church, and all pillars of Russian society.

Because over here people talk about war being a "sometimes necessary evil" or a "last resort". We hesitate before, we pull punches during, we apologize after.

Meanwhile in Russia they literally bless their bombs, both before launch...

...and after:

Disagree? By failing to register and debate me, you prove that liberals are factless frauds who only persuade through intimidation. To prove otherwise, debate me!
            Got Questions? See Frequently Asked Questions, or use Forum Search, tag system, or our guides on Geography, History, Science, Comparative Religion, Civics, and Current Events.
            Did I use a new word you've never heard? Definitions here. | Vote! Everything you need to vote here!

Comment

Working...
            X