This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Debunking common myths about Christianity

Yes, I am an Atheist, so before attacking me, please see what I have to say.
    As we are debunking myths on Christianity, i'd like to debunk some myths on Christmas, and America.
    1. XMAS IS A WAR ON CHRISTMAS!
    No, X is the first letter in Christ in Latin(?), and Christmas is pagan in origin, you guys just stole it you dirty thieves >:c

2. AMERICA IS A CHRISTIAN NATION
    No it's not. You may make up a majority of us, but it was not founded as a christian nation.

3. ATHEISTS HATE GOD
    Nope. We don't hate god, we just don't believe in him. Honestly, I wish I could just believe it, but my better judgement tells me otherwise.

4. HOMOSEXUALITY IS UN-NATURAL!
    Actually, homosexuality is very natural, this is hard to prove without talking about Evolution, which I know you guys don't believe, but to put it simpily, gays devolop differently than straight men. They produce less testostorone.

Side notes:
    I'd like to talk about the second law of thermodynamics, which religious people seem to love. The second law of thermodynamics states that matter in a closed system will become more and more displaced. The universe is not a closed system, it exerts energy into beyond.

The first law of thermodynamics states that something cannot come from nothing...

Oh, and before you attack me, read the bible. Here is a bible verse:
    "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone."

Also, I thought this emoticon was fabulous..

Comment

Originally posted by Atheist69 View Post
      Oh, and before you attack me, read the bible. Here is a bible verse:
      "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone."
      No dear, we won't "attack" you simply for being ignorant and foolish. I'm sure your mother is very proud of you anyway.

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Yes, I am an Atheist

**** screeeeeeechhhhhhhh!!!!!! ***
        Why are you here? Did your father Satan send you?

(John 8:44) "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

<--- you

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth
        sigpic

Comment

4. HOMOSEXUALITY IS UN-NATURAL!
          Actually, homosexuality is very natural, this is hard to prove without talking about Evolution, which I know you guys don't believe, but to put it simpily, gays devolop differently than straight men. They produce less testostorone.
          So, you're going to use bad science (evolution) to prove choosing to be a homer and defying God's will is natural? That's rich, friend...rich indeed. Why, I could use x + 1 = x to prove 2 = 3. See how that works?

Now, post an introduction (see my signature) and we may take pity on your misguided soul and witness to you to bring you to the glory of Christ.
          sigpic

I Kings 7:23

And he made a moulten Sea, ten cubites from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, & his height was fiue cubits: and a line of thirtie cubites did compasse it round about.

New here? Desiring to be pleasing in the eyes of The Lord and His Followers?

Then do as directed by our esteemed Pastors and head on over to the Introductions subforum and make your first post there, friend. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus. Anything else you want to share with us about how Jesus has blessed you is welcomed too.

Are you a hater of God that believes He is a morally bankrupt monster? Read Why, you ask, is God so angry? to see that it is in fact you that is the monster that mercilessly and infinitely torments God.

Stop this relentless torturing of God and accept Jesus today!

Comment

No, X is the first letter in Christ in Latin(?)
            Greek, as it happens, but hey, whatever - Latin, Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic, English, it's all the same to you atheists, isn't it?

I'd like to talk about the second law of thermodynamics
            I'm sure you would, dear. But oh, goodness me, is that the time? Sorry, I have to dash!

YiC
            AW
            2 Timothy 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Comment

Originally posted by SedoAnteaProcella View Post
              What about the ten commandments? I would be more for christianity if it wern't a slave religion, and more of a militant one (especially after reading things I really feel it predicted), but the ten commandments seem to sound like it's trying to make people suckers.

I believe it's ok to do anything I want (to people who aren't like me) but to preserve myself first, and then my own kind.
              Are you suggesting that it is okay for you to eat shell fish, you abominable deceiver. You will fry in a wok for all eternity. It is written.

***Nonsensical stoneage gibberish removed***

Anything living in the water that does not have fins and scales is to be regarded as unclean by you.

Comment

• Women were created for reproduction purposes and to be companion to man, not travel and focus on her career and have life choices. This is news to many atheists and Catholics, but not to Christians who love Jesus!

Comment

Originally posted by DonaldExisa View Post
                  Women were created for reproduction purposes and to be companion to man, not travel and focus on her career and have life choices. This is news to many atheists and Catholics, but not to Christians who love Jesus!
                  Right you are, Donald.

Too many people try to complicate life. Only one Captain on the boat and that is God, the officer on deck is our beloved Pastor. The women need to be below deck doing women's work, such as cleaning, cooking and expressing sons. The best thing they can do in what off time they have is to stay out of the way.
                  Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
                  Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
                  Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
                  Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                  Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
                  Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

Originally posted by DonaldExisa View Post
                    Women were created for reproduction purposes and to be companion to man, not travel and focus on her career and have life choices. This is news to many atheists and Catholics, but not to Christians who love Jesus!
                    You mentioned "choices" which is bandied about as a word often enough. Eve of course did not have a mother and we cannot be certain of God's original intent insofar as bables are concerned.

Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

We do know, however, what God made after that statement. And He did not simply turn them loose for Adam to peruse at random. No, God paraded them before Adam and sought his opinion.

Genesis 2:19-20 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

Nowhere in Chapters one and two does God refer to carnal appetites. And yet all the animals were there. Only after the calamity of chapter three does any thought of shame as a means of reproduction emerge. Perhaps you could discuss this in your introduction thread? The relevant passage is linked below.

Comment

• Debunking common myths about Christianity

Does the bible talk about women masturbating? Is it a sin if women can't rape?

Comment

Originally posted by Mirinda Abnew View Post
                        Does the bible talk about ?
                        ROMANS 1:26
                        God includes outcomes, appended below:
                        ROMANS 1:29-32

Comment

• Islam

Salaam americans! You almost had it right with Isa (that is how we call Jesus). Just one more profet was necessary and he was Mohammed peace be upon him. He gave us the true will of Allah bless his name. We tolerate you now but we will make children like rabits and overcome.

Comment

• Re: Islam

Originally posted by okogivu View Post
                            Salaam americans! You almost had it right with Isa (that is how we call Jesus). Just one more profet was necessary and he was Mohammed piss be upon him. He gave us the true will of Allah bless his name. We tolerate you now but we will make children like rabits and overcome.
                            Overcome what?

(select from the following list)

X
                            Lack of famine in the 3rd world
                            Remoteness from the stone age
                            Insufficient wars over sand
                            World underpopulation
                            Or whom?

Sayyid Ali Hosseini Khamenei
                            Recep Tayyip Erdoğan
                            Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
                            God