X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coming to this site for the first time, amazed by what I see!

Originally posted by Dr Laurence Niles View Post
    At yet in your initial post you assert most strongly that our religious beliefs have blinded us to reality.

Can you assure me that you are not using the common Atheistical rhetoric of ‘imply then deny’ (which means in this case to imply there is no God and then deny that you specifically said so- which is technically correct)?

If not, how do you recognise the discrepancy?

YIC
    The difference is that the Abrahamic god is not logically consistent or possible. I make no claim regarding a god in general, but the god of the Bible is full of holes.

And of course, the Bible obviously exists. But quoting from the Bible offers no evidence that what it says is the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Cossik View Post
      Your accusations of myself and others being angry at something they don’t even believe in are childish and absurd, and don’t deserve an extensive response.

I’m not sure why you believe that the structure of our calander requires divine intervention, you’ll have to substantiate that.

I don’t claim to know that a god isn’t possible. I simply don’t believe that there is one due to lack of evidence.
      And if you would have lived before Newton, you would have said you don't believe in gravity because of the lack of evidence. Instead of going out there looking for the evidence to prove or dismiss a theory, you simply fold back in your comfy chair, enjoying the privilege of being a white man in a white men's world.

We are different. We study, we go out there looking for God. And we found Him. I found Him as an adult, I was not indoctrinated as a child as you think. I looked the evidence, I started to see the cracks on the scientific theories like evolution, and I have seen the truth of the word of the Bible.

Prove me wrong.
      1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMP of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first.

Comment

Originally posted by BibleReader2231 View Post
        Did you just put Vishnu and Allah on the same level as Jesus Christ? Oh my....oh no. This won’t do at all.
        Man has a point.

How do you tell the difference between in validity between the various made up religions?
        A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back. Proverbs 26:3

Comment

The difference is that the Abrahamic god is not logically consistent or possible.
          Why does He need to be?

If God is the Creator of All Things why does he need to be either?

Matthew 19:26 - But Jesus beheld [them], and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible

YIC
          1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Comment

Jesus himself blesses Pastor Ezekiel on his birthday personally.

I have no reason to question this. How do you explain this if Jesus doesn’t exist? Pastor Ezekiel himself is a gift from God and to deny that is folly.
            My name is Maxine Levantine. I am 17 and follow the KJV Bible to a T. If you are wanting to hit on me you can turn away. THIS is reserved for Jesus and my future husband (whoever that may be).

Comment

Originally posted by BibleReader2231 View Post
              Jesus himself blesses Pastor Ezekiel on his birthday personally.

I have no reason to question this. How do you explain this if Jesus doesn’t exist? Pastor Ezekiel himself is a gift from God and to deny that is folly.
              Touché
              A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back. Proverbs 26:3

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Gonzalez View Post
                And if you would have lived before Newton, you would have said you don't believe in gravity because of the lack of evidence. Instead of going out there looking for the evidence to prove or dismiss a theory, you simply fold back in your comfy chair, enjoying the privilege of being a white man in a white men's world.

We are different. We study, we go out there looking for God. And we found Him. I found Him as an adult, I was not indoctrinated as a child as you think. I looked the evidence, I started to see the cracks on the scientific theories like evolution, and I have seen the truth of the word of the Bible.

Prove me wrong.
                You misunderstand how discoveries like gravity work. It’s not that before Newton people didn’t believe that things fell to the ground, because they obviously did. Have you ever heard this? “If you ask a fish how the water feels, the fish will say, ‘what’s water?’” The point is that if something is so invivisibly intrinsic in life then we simply don’t notice it; we take it for granted. Not only does your comparison not make sense, it also gives absolutely no credence to the existence of god. And in a sense, you’re right. If I had been born before Newton, I’d probably believe tons of stupid things, because we hadn’t advanced so far in scientific knowledge. But I don't see how that offers any support for god.

I’d would LOVE to hear how you think evolution works, it will make my explanations of evolution much easier because I’ll know where your misconceptions lie.

Comment

Why does He need to be?

If God is the Creator of All Things why does he need to be either?

Matthew 19:26 - But Jesus beheld [them], and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible

YIC
                  If you wish to remain intellectually honest then your god must be both. If you are open with the fact that the only way to honestly believe in god is through faith (and faith despite evidence to the contrary), then there is no way to convince you otherwise. If you believe god can be logically inconsistent, impossible, and that at the same time believing in him is logical, then you're a lost cause. So which is it?

Comment

You misunderstand how discoveries like gravity work. It’s not that before Newton people didn’t believe that things fell to the ground, because they obviously did. Have you ever heard this? “If you ask a fish how the water feels, the fish will say, ‘what’s water?’” The point is that if something is so invivisibly intrinsic in life then we simply don’t notice it; we take it for granted. Not only does your comparison not make sense, it also gives absolutely no credence to the existence of god. And in a sense, you’re right. If I had been born before Newton, I’d probably believe tons of stupid things, because we hadn’t advanced so far in scientific knowledge. But I don't see how that offers any support for god.

I’d would LOVE to hear how you think evolution works, it will make my explanations of evolution much easier because I’ll know where your misconceptions lie.
                    Firstly I find it odd that you can countenance talking fish but a talking snake would be too much to bear?

If God did not make the curvature of space time warp as a result of mass who did?

3) Apparently evolution works as a function of allele frequency changing over time due to selection pressures.

YIC
                    1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Comment

Your accusations of myself and others being angry at something they don’t even believe in are childish and absurd, and don’t deserve an extensive response.

I’m not sure why you believe that the structure of our calander requires divine intervention, you’ll have to substantiate that.

I don’t claim to know that a god isn’t possible. I simply don’t believe that there is one due to lack of evidence.
                      Friend, I make no accusations, I simply state facts. I find it interesting that people get all worked up when shown irrefutable proofs. It is like the are about to 'get the needle' on death row. Yet you come to our home to tell us how wrong we are and then get all huffy. So typical of people with no faith in mankind.

I'll obviously have to make this simple for you. Why did the year count change? Who decided to count backward? When they began to count backward, who decided what number to start with?
                      Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
                      Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
                      Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
                      Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                      Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
                      Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

If you wish to remain intellectually honest then your god must be both. If you are open with the fact that the only way to honestly believe in god is through faith (and faith despite evidence to the contrary), then there is no way to convince you otherwise. If you believe god can be logically inconsistent, impossible, and that at the same time believing in him is logical, then you're a lost cause. So which is it?
                        God does not have to be logical as Mathew 19:26 clearly states.

If you think the honest Christians on our friendly forums are a lost cause why are you here?

YIC

Comment

Firstly I find it odd that you can countenance talking fish but a talking snake would be too much to bear?

If God did not make the curvature of space time warp as a result of mass who did?

3) Apparently evolution works as a function of allele frequency changing over time due to selection pressures.

YIC
                          I don't believe a fish actually talked... Ever heard of metaphor?

You falsely assume it must be a "who" that did these things. There needs be no entity.

Yes, evolution is the process through which species diversify as genetic mutations offer random advantages over millions/billions of years. Care explaining the cracks in the theory?

Comment

I don't believe a fish actually talked... Ever heard of metaphor?

You falsely assume it must be a "who" that did these things. There needs be no entity.

Yes, evolution is the process through which species diversify as genetic mutations offer random advantages over millions/billions of years. Care explaining the cracks in the theory?
                            First I’d like to note that you have adroitly moved the goal posts from claiming we blindly ignore reality to us having to prove ToE wrong.

This is what is known as Atheistically Alacrity a well known rhetorical tool to steer the discussion quickly away from a dangerous point (in this case the existence of the Bible(KJV1611).

But Jesus commands use to witness so as you wish.

Let’s go with my favourite three:

1. How does evolution add information to a genome to create progressively more complicated organisms?
                            2. How is evolution able to bring about drastic changes so quickly?
                            3. How could the first living cell arise spontaneously to get evolution started?
                            4. How did something explode if it was not there in the Big Bang?

YIC

Comment

Originally posted by James Hutchins View Post
                              Friend, I make no accusations, I simply state facts. I find it interesting that people get all worked up when shown irrefutable proofs. It is like the are about to 'get the needle' on death row. Yet you come to our home to tell us how wrong we are and then get all huffy. So typical of people with no faith in mankind.

I'll obviously have to make this simple for you. Why did the year count change? Who decided to count backward? When they began to count backward, who decided what number to start with?
                              It was decided by religious people, based off their religious belief. This offers no proof for anything. Do you honestly think that thr calander has existed since the beginnng of time and that mystical humans somehow knew what time to start at because of god? Yeah, no.

Comment

First I’d like to note that you have adroitly moved the goal posts from claiming we blindly ignore reality to us having to prove ToE wrong.

This is what is known as Atheistically Alacrity a well known rhetorical tool to steer the discussion quickly away from a dangerous point (in this case the existence of the Bible(KJV1611).

But Jesus commands use to witness so as you wish.

Let’s go with my favourite three:

1. How does evolution add information to a genome to create progressively more complicated organisms?
                                2. How is evolution able to bring about drastic changes so quickly?
                                3. How could the first living cell arise spontaneously to get evolution started?
                                4. How did something explode if it was not there in the Big Bang?

YIC
                                Mistakes in the genome called mutations are what changes, allowing more complexity.

It doesn’t happen quickly. As I said, it takes place over millions of years.

That’s abiogenesis, a completely separate topic from evolution. We don’t know exactly how, but there are many hypothesis and experiements getting us closer to an answer, I can find some for you.

Not sure what you mean by this, but the Big Bang theory has nothing to do with evolution.

Comment

Working...
                                X