X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HALO III: Recruiting Muslims and pagans

We're not talking about campaign mode here, which sounds as much like the inquisition as anything; I'm talking about how Bunghole and Microsoft are promoting their game as an online community for athiests and heathens.

I would like to see a database of the users who chose the muslim emblem. Let the holy war be won by the righteous! Praise!
    May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

Ah! Can't you just feel the ignorance all around you?

Comment

Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
        I was at my brother's house over the holidays and was forced to play their new xbox "Halo" game with them. I was initially filled with the warm glow of Jesus thinking that they had a 'REAL' game for their xbox, one that teaches the glory of scripture, but I was soon dismayed when prompted to create a virtual character for multiplayer combat.

The attached image clearly demonstrates how Microsoft wants to promote Muslims and pagans, and at the same time shove Christians under the table. See the star and crescent? See the Yin Yang? There's even a triad and a goth war helmet. But is there a cross for true Christians? No!! The only thing resembling a cross is the PLUS symbol! Nerds? Mathemeticians? Are these true Christians?

As soon as I saw this I grabbed my camera to take a screen shot. I didn't even complete my character profile; I immediately retreated from the gaming theatre to join the rest of the holiday party. No one there seemed to share my distaste for what I had seen, even when I showed them the images on the LCD of my camera.

I couldn't wait to get home to upload them to the internet for the world to see.

OH NO. There's a picture of a crescent in the game! What ever will I do!! How about you just play the stupid game without worrying about this pointless stuff? The game is just another typical first person shooter, not a Muslim recruiter.

Comment

Go away you immature pricks.

Comment

As for the Halo game itself, I find it an entertaining distraction from my daily life. Nothing more nothing less. Simple entertainment.

If you hate multiplayer you should try campaign mode.
            He already has if you look closely at the picture you will notice that he has what is, in the game called EVA armor (chest and shoulders), which can only be unlocked by playing at least 2/3 of the way through the game.

So my question is if Halo3 is so evil why did you play most of the way through it? If part of something is evil isn't the whole thing evil? Since Halo 3 is all evil then aren't you advocating the evil by playing any part of it?

Good Night, God Bless.
            Tubby

Comment

That's very intuitive of you, but it turns out I was playing the character of the owner of the console. I just was experimenting with the options during a bathroom break. That's when I saw the offending images.
              May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

You do realize that Halo's entire story and plotline is based off of the Bible, right? Your remarks of "muslim recruitment" not only shows your blatant ignorance for other people's culture, but contradicts Halo's base, core story. It shows respect for the Bible and the story it portrays. As you can well see from my username, I'm Athiest. But. I am tolerant of other people and I would appreciate it if you could converse with me in a civil, dignified, adult manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Athiest And Proud View Post
                  You do realize that Halo's entire story and plotline is based off of the Bible, right? Your remarks of "muslim recruitment" not only shows your blatant ignorance for other people's culture, but contradicts Halo's base, core story. It shows respect for the Bible and the story it portrays. As you can well see from my username, I'm Athiest. But. I am tolerant of other people and I would appreciate it if you could converse with me in a civil, dignified, adult manner.
                  Are we playing the same game? Where is Jesus or the Bible mentioned in this game? If it was, you'd probably see Landover giving them away.
                  Ack!

Comment

Awesome. When I want to have a civil conversation with another person, I always call them blatantly ignorant first. Works every time!

And if any soul sin through ignorance, then he shall bring a she goat of the first year for a sin offering.
                    Numbers 15:27
                    Psalm 81:10:
                    I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt:
                    open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
                      Are we playing the same game? Where is Jesus or the Bible mentioned in this game? If it was, you'd probably see Landover giving them away.
                      The Flood? The multiple Arks? The Ark saves you from the Flood. There's a lot of references within it. Play through the three of them and actively look for them. Especially to the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Wide-Open View Post
                        Awesome. When I want to have a civil conversation with another person, I always call them blatantly ignorant first. Works every time!

And if any soul sin through ignorance, then he shall bring a she goat of the first year for a sin offering.
                        Numbers 15:27
                        Well, I'm sorry about that, but basing an entire culture off of the few radicals that show up in the mainstream media can't be called many things but that.

Comment

There aren't any alien zombie things in the bible. Maybe you're thinking the mormon bible?
                          Ack!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
                            There aren't any alien zombie things in the bible. Maybe you're thinking the mormon bible?
                            Wow. Symbolism.

Comment

SPOILERS!!!

*Spoiler Alert and whatnot*

The core of the Halo Trilogy's story is based on biblical stories. It's more than coincidence that the protagonist sacrifices himself to save humanity from the Flood via the Ark and carries the name John-117.

Comment

Well, I'm sorry about that, but basing an entire culture off of the few radicals that show up in the mainstream media can't be called many things but that.
                                I think this counts as a "qualified pardon".

Friend, if I were to show up on an atheist forum - perish the thought - and call everyone on there blatantly ignorant for believing in evilution, do you think they would all go civil, dignified, and adult on me?
                                Psalm 81:10:
                                I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt:
                                open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.

Comment

Working...
                                X