X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Valentine's Day: Christian Custom? -- or Pagan Holiday?

Oh, Embed did not work. Here is the link to the rooster now:
    A Rooster laid eggs in Kannur #asianetnews #AsianetNewsLive #KeralaNewsLive #MalayalamNewsLiveSubscribe to Asianet News YouTube Channel here ► http://goo.gl/...

And here we have another rooster who is part of a happy Valentines Couple:
    Kristin scenes in Annie.SUBSCRIBE, RATE AND COMMENT!! NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED, I OWN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. THIS VIDEO IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ...

Ex 20:4-5 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; <--- That includes Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Regens Kuechl View Post
      but @Jim Farmer I promise that we will debate about your foreskin thoroughly in the near future.
      I have never, I repeat never impersonated Jesus! Nor have I ever pretended that something of His (or anyone else's) is mine unlike your mackeral snapper friends. Roll your sleeves up and face me like a man, you pathetic child-molesting mouse!
      sigpic

Comment

Scholars are recognizing.. [ill conceived papist spume effaced]
        Perhaps with the verbs trouble you are having? because nothing concerning Salvation needs to be discerned afresh and your tense suggests that this female entity is an emerging concept. Unless we had forgotten it of course.

Male and female are biological categories. A particular characteristic associated with males is the pouring forth. For females the flooding in.

Some languages have masculine and feminine nouns. That is called gender. But unfortunately for your case not all languages ascribe the same gender to the same nouns. One exception might be the French word for midnight where the sense of precisely the instant of midnight, what might be thought of as falling in between 2400hrs and 0000hrs, takes one gender and a more general idea of the middle of the night takes the other gender.

But the Holy Ghost is not a biological entity. Therefore you will need to make out a stronger case for your position.

Comment

So following your womanly logic of only biological created beings having a gender you must also mean that the almighty god father is not male

That Jesus who sits at his right side is not male

Look at Jim Farmer who cant wait to debate the whereabouts of his foreskin with me.
          Doesnt that tell you something?

How horrible what comes out of you my daughter

We, the Catholic church, know perfecly well why we will never allow women in our clergy and you are the typical proof that we are right.

Even with little boys can we Catholic priests work out better theology, among other things, than with (shudder) women.
          Ex 20:4-5 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; <--- That includes Mary

Comment

So following your womanly logic of only biological created beings having a gender you must also mean that the almighty god father is not male.
            Male is not a gender.

The gender is "masculine" and it is a characteristic of words. "Male" is a sex. There are two sexes. Male and female.

Genesis 1
            So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
            KJV .. look up

You are being deliberately obtuse.

That Jesus who sits at his right side is not male.
            Jesus is male. But Jesus is not created. I did not say that He was.

Philippians 2
            5-8
            Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
            KJV .. look up

Does that mean Jesus was created after all? No.

John 1
            1-4
            In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men..
            14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
            KJV .. look up

I am not "working out theology" but simply posting Scripture, in particular passages you seem not to have read.

I hope that is helpful.

Comment

This pagan holiday cannot be tolerated by Christian people.
              Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

There is no love but God's love. The physical attraction between a man and a woman is nothing more than carnal lust, obviously a sin that will send you straight to hell for eternity. That's why it is best to date and marry someone who disgusts you physically, and whom you believe would need to wear a hood to successfully engage in procreation after marriage.

Happy Valentine's Day!

In Him,

Monty

Comment

You people are too repressed. Why don't you relax a little and let people believe and do what they want? No one is hurting by celebrating Pagan holidays. Why all the hate? I thought Jesus taught love, and St. Valentine's Day is all about love.

Comment

Originally posted by boogers View Post
                    You people are too repressed. Why don't you relax a little and let people believe and do what they want?...
                    They do all those things. They're just telling them that (according to the Bible) Jesus hates them for doing those things and will send them to Hell when He gets the chance, because Jesus tells them (in the Bible) to tell others that He hates them for what they're doing and will send them to Hell when He gets the chance. It's called "evangelizing".

...I thought Jesus taught love...
                    Love for those who love Him first. Everyone else? Not so much.

John 3:16-18 "16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Seriously, read the Bible. Stop letting others tell you what it says & means.

Comment

You people are too repressed. Why don't you relax a little and let people believe and do what they want? No one is hurting by celebrating Pagan holidays. Why all the hate? I thought Jesus taught love, and St. Valentine's Day is all about love.
                      I think you are an agent for Satan. Letting down our guard against sin is exactly what Satan wants us to do.
                      Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

Valentine's Day is mighty repulsive. The love of which you speak is the Devil's lust. I can assure you I'd take no part in the frivolities. I shall spend it righteous, and placid, by the window, and the shades drawn. I don't wish to catch glance of these young people doing disgusting things with their disgusting parts, it just disgusts me. I shall catch my gaze only toward my Bible, and read my favourite, The Song of Solomon instead. I especially like:

Song of Solomon 3 By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.
                        2 I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not.
                        3 The watchmen that go about the city found me: to whom I said, Saw ye him whom my soul loveth?
                        4 It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go, until I had brought him into my mother's house, and into the chamber of her that conceived me.
                        5 I charge you, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, and by the hinds of the field, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, till he please.
                        6 Who is this that cometh out of the wilderness like pillars of smoke, perfumed with myrrh and frankincense, with all powders of the merchant?
                        7 Behold his bed, which is Solomon's; threescore valiant men are about it, of the valiant of Israel.
                        8 They all hold swords, being expert in war: every man hath his sword upon his thigh because of fear in the night.
                        9 King Solomon made himself a chariot of the wood of Lebanon.
                        10 He made the pillars thereof of silver, the bottom thereof of gold, the covering of it of purple, the midst thereof being paved with love, for the daughters of Jerusalem.
                        11 Go forth, O ye daughters of Zion, and behold king Solomon with the crown wherewith his mother crowned him in the day of his espousals, and in the day of the gladness of his heart.
                        No spoose should be more attractive than the other - that way, no one is satisfied, and the marriage can be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Emily Brent View Post
                          Valentine's Day is mighty repulsive.
                          A succinct message. But worse than the carryings-on of wantons is the idea that the lovely text you posted refers to something other than the Love of Christ for His church.
                          Revelation 19:7-9 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

cf Song of Solomon 3:5-6 I charge you, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, and by the hinds of the field, that ye stir not up nor awake my love till he please. Who is this that cometh out of the wilderness like pillars of smoke, perfumed with myrrh and frankincense, with all powders of the merchant?

Satan has very different ideas from God. What he's aiming for is a fusion of Valentine's with Halloween on a permanent basis with powders of the merchant expanded into an even more abominable range than currently available. Jesus decides when His bride is ready: it's the same time as when Jesus is ready: without Him heathens or pagans or whatever they're calling themselves today have no moral compass and no future.

That is what Valentine's celebrates and the consequences are more repulsive even than what takes place outside your window. HELL. FOREVER.

Comment

Working...
                          X