X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to adjust the tow bar in your 2020 Land Rover Defender Model

Originally posted by Vengeance Puriel View Post
    Trying to make money on what they have.
    There's a reason why that's "what they have" — Christians have something else.
    Psalm 1:1-4
    1a Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly,
    1b Nor standeth in the way of sinners,
    1c Nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
    20 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
    3a And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season;
    3b His leaf also shall not wither;
    3c And whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
    40 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

Comment

English cars are pretty decent... but the Englishmen need to stop putting the steering wheel on the wrong side! Or wait... if they always put it on the RIGHT side, then it can't be wrong, since the driver should always be RIGHT.

If we are honest, then we have no choice but to thank Deutschland for having cars...
      And no, I would never own a Land Rover. British products are known to be of bad quality.

Comment

If you want an off road vehicle you need to buy Ford or Jeep. Alternatively just use a jap hire car.

Phil
        58 If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this law that are written in this book, that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, THE LORD THY GOD; 59 Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance. 60 Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee. 61 Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the LORD bringk upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

Deuteronomy 28: 58- 61

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ander View Post
          If you want an off road vehicle you need to buy Ford or Jeep. Alternatively just use a jap hire car.

Phil
          The Japanese Jeeps are less bad than the British ones, but pretty mediocre and forgettable. I wonder if I could care less about Japan. But here is the best Jeep. Good old Adolf would love it.

[DISGUSTING AND UNGODLY IMAGE REMOVED BY MODERATOR]
          Last edited by Mary Etheldreda; 01-26-2020, 07:17 PM. Reason: Let's keep it clean for Jesus!

Comment

Originally posted by JakubDovac View Post
            The Japanese Jeeps are less bad than the British ones, but pretty mediocre and forgettable. I wonder if I could care less about Japan. But here is the best Jeep. Good old Adolf would love it.

[DISGUSTING AND UNGODLY IMAGE REMOVED BY MODERATOR]
            Adolf Hitler was not a Christian, he was a Roman Catholic, so his opinion is irrelevant.

And is that really what you call a car? Oh my.
            Ecclesiastes 5:3b "A fool's voice is known by multitude of words."

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Stanford View Post
              Adolf Hitler was not a Christian, he was a Roman Catholic, so his opinion is irrelevant.

And is that really what you call a car? Oh my.
              Can you proof that Hitler was supposedly a Roman Catholic, Stan?

Comment

Originally posted by JakubDovac
                Please try to stay on-topic.

I'm not sure what Land Rovers have to do with Jesus but the thread has not been closed so less eggs. The picture includes what looks like Scottish black pudding and as there's no knife a civil service canteen is implied. Perhaps at a Leith breakfast meeting? On the other hand, fried haggis is more usual to start the day with something from Islay to wash it down so far north. But unlikely at the Land Rover factory.

Comment

Originally posted by JakubDovac
                  Can you proof that Hitler was supposedly a Roman Catholic

Originally posted by Hitler
                  In my freetime I practised singing in the choir of the monastery church at Lambach, and thus it happened that I was placed in a very favourable position to be emotionally impressed again and again by the magnificent splendour of ecclesiastical ceremonial. What could be more natural for me than to look upon the Abbot as representing the highest human ideal worth striving for, just as the position of the humble village priest had appeared to my father in his own boyhood days?
                  Anyone who believes that a religious reformation can be achieved through the agency of a political organization shows that he has no idea of the development of religious conceptions and doctrines of faith and how these are given practical effect by the Church.

No man can serve two masters. And I hold that the foundation or overthrow of a religion has far greater consequences than the foundation or overthrow of a State, to say nothing of a Party.

It is no argument to the contrary to say that the attacks were only defensive measures against attacks from the other side.

Undoubtedly there have always been unscrupulous rogues who did not hesitate to degrade religion to the base uses of politics. Nearly always such a people had nothing else in their minds except to make a business of religions and politics. But on the other hand it would be wrong to hold religion itself, or a religious denomination, responsible for a number of rascals who exploit the Church for their own base interests just as they would exploit anything else in which they had a part.

Nothing could be more to the taste of one of these parliamentary loungers and tricksters than to be able to find a scapegoat for his political sharp-practice--after the event, of course. The moment religion or a religious denomination is attacked and made responsible for his personal misdeeds this shrewd fellow will raise a row at once and call the world to witness how justified he was in acting as he did, proclaiming that he and his eloquence alone have saved religion and the Church. The public, which is mostly stupid and has a very short memory, is not capable of recognizing the real instigator of the quarrel in the midst of the turmoil that has been raised. Frequently it does not remember the beginning of the fight and so the rogue gets by with his stunt.

A cunning fellow of that sort is quite well aware that his misdeeds have nothing to do with religion. And so he will laugh up his sleeve all the more heartily when his honest but artless adversary loses the game and, one day losing all faith in humanity, retires from the activities of public life.

But from another viewpoint also it would be wrong to make religion, or the Church as such, responsible for the misdeeds of individuals. If one compares the magnitude of the organization, as it stands visible to every eye, with the average weakness of human nature we shall have to admit that the proportion of good to bad is more favourable here than anywhere else. Among the priests there may, of course, be some who use their sacred calling to further their political ambitions. There are clergy who unfortunately forget that in the political mêlée they ought to be the paladins of the more sublime truths and not the abettors of falsehood and slander. But for each one of these unworthy specimens we can find a thousand or more who fulfil their mission nobly as the trustworthy guardians of souls and who tower above the level of our corrupt epoch, as little islands above the seaswamp.

I cannot condemn the Church as such, and I should feel quite as little justified in doing so if some depraved person in the robe of a priest commits some offence against the moral law. Nor should I for a moment think of blaming the Church if one of its innumerable members betrays and besmirches his compatriots, especially not in epochs when such conduct is quite common.
                  By entering Parliament the Pan-German leaders deprived themselves of the great driving force which resides in the masses and at the same time they laid on their own shoulders all the defects of the parliamentary institution. Their struggle against the Church made their position impossible in numerous circles of the lower and middle class, while at the same time it robbed them of innumerable high-class elements—some of the best indeed that the nation possessed.
                  The difference between this new reformation and the great Reformation was that in the historic epoch of the great Reformation some of the best members left the Church because of religious convictions, whereas in this new reformation only those left who had been indifferent before and who were now
                  influenced by political considerations. From the political point of view alone the result was as ridiculous as it was deplorable.

Comment

Working...
                  X