X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oblivion: Video Game Promoting WITCHCRAFT, SATANISM, & POLYTH

Hello, James Hutchins, I read the rules. I then went all the way to the bottom of that thread. I found no introductions section. Then, I went back to the forum wherein the rules are found, and still found no introductions section. As to your question: no, I don't think everyone should think exactly alike. I do, however, expect a certain level of consistency within a thought process. Using a piece of Scripture to support your argument, then bastardizing the quote in order to make it more clever and insulting, thereby doing exactly what the Scripture says not to do, is amusing at best. It has no place, however, in an intelligent discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by kdb176 View Post
      .................... Using a piece of Scripture to support your argument, then bastardizing the quote in order to make it more clever and insulting, thereby doing exactly what the Scripture says not to do, is amusing at best. It has no place, however, in an intelligent discussion.
      I did no such thing. I edited the quote to save space (as I have done again) as I was only adressing two points. Apparently, the second one was poingant. Regarding the first issue, you last of ability to read, I'll adddress by providing you with this.
      Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
      Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
      Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
      Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
      Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
      Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

Mr. Hutchins, I was referring to someone else altering a Biblical quote in a nasty fashion, not to you changing something you or I said. Also, I would appreciate it if, when responding to me, you would type in a coherent fashion. Standard American English will do. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what you are trying to say in half of your "sentences." Finally, thank you for the link.

Comment

Forgive my previous lack of coherency, it was due to a lack of sustenance. The missus has since provided me with a fine plate of biscuits and bacon, smothered in gravy.

I will however, make point with your comment to another party in the same paragraph. I suggest using the multi-quote feature in the future to avoid further misunderstandings.

I'll also suggest you learn how a Vbulletin type forum works with the categories and sub categories and remember you are merely a guest here.
          Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
          Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
          Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
          Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
          Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Comment

You're correct; I'm a guest here. Do you always immediately pounce on your guests and insult their intelligence? My initial post was exceedingly polite. I did nothing to deserve such treatment.

Comment

You're correct; I'm a guest here. Do you always immediately pounce on your guests and insult their intelligence? My initial post was exceedingly polite. I did nothing to deserve such treatment.
              You are incorrect on a few points.
              The broad strokes:
              1) No one pounced on you, it is a fervent rebuttal. Caring about Christ is a passion and what life is all about. Nothing else matters.
              2) You read the forum rules and still refused to follow them, this causes you to loose what little respect a stranger may have. Then you have an attitude when people complain. We have had total retards and some brain dead people come on this sight and not have a problem following simple directions. Why do you think that is?

I noticed you managed to follow the link I gave you. Read more than speak, listen more than interject, bit your tongue. Once you know the forum, then speak. You'll be a better man for it.

Comment

I read the rules. Never once did I attack your faith. I offered polite, well-reasoned critiques of the logic of some members of these forums.

Comment

I read the rules. Never once did I attack your faith. I offered polite, well-reasoned critiques of the logic of some members of these forums.
                  I strongly (and I do not know how better to emphasize that) you re-read your posts. Think about what your reaction would be if some one like burst in to your home uninvited and acted the way you did. I know if it were my house, the cops would be on you like slop on a pig smile.

Comment

Mr. Hutchins, Every post I initially made was in the context of trying to get at just what exactly your congregation believes. If I seemed rude, it was out of confusion. Further posts were only in response to what seemed to me to be direct attacks on my intelligence.

Comment

You do understand that we are not the slightest bit interested in your unsaved opinions, don't you? We have a Bible-based "Unsaved NOT Welcome" policy at Landover Baptist Church. Praise Jesus!
                      Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

I offered no opinions on your faith, whatsoever. What I did was point out inconsistencies in logic and statements that would tend to lead people to believe that you believe things that are contra-indicated by the statements of your faith. I am aware that you do not care in the slightest what I believe.

Comment

And yet you keep persecuting us and mocking God.
                          Posted via Prayer

1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
                          Bearing my husband's heirs and being SAVED!

Blogging for CHRIST!
                          Witnessing for GOD on YouTube!
                          All a-Twitter for Salvation!
                          Bringing Jesus to MySpace!
                          On FIRE for the Lord on Facebook!
                          My Ladies of Landover profile!

Comment

Mr. Hutchins, Every post I initially made was in the context of trying to get at just what exactly your congregation believes. If I seemed rude, it was out of confusion. Further posts were only in response to what seemed to me to be direct attacks on my intelligence.
                            It is not all about you. That is a large part of the problem. Everyone wants to be 'special'. Well, I hate to break it to you, but you are not special. Only God is. We are His Soldiers, here in His world to do His work.
                            If you have problems with your intelligence, I suggest you read a book, get a tutor or complain to your parents. There is little anyone here can do for you. We are not going to coddle you.

Comment

I offered no opinions on your faith, whatsoever. What I did was point out inconsistencies in logic and statements that would tend to lead people to believe that you believe things that are contra-indicated by the statements of your faith. I am aware that you do not care in the slightest what I believe.
                              If you think we are uncaring heathens, why not just say you hate God and be done with it?
                              How can we have contradicting statements, with you being the judge and all the while, you believing no one cares that you are bad mouthing Christianity?

Comment

Ok, if I may point a few things out... and let me start with this. I was born on Fort Hood, to Christian parents. Moved to Virginia shortly thereafter (as in, before I was two), and from there on, I was a part of the church. My dad went to Bible school, and challenged many a pastor (and usually won). I know the scripture fairly well, and I feel that I understand what God had in mind when He tells us He wants us to follow Him. With that said....

You're a lunatic. Why? Let's start:

1) "It is a "Role-Playing Game" for the computer, very similar to the well-known Satanic Dungeons & Dragons."

"Computer", being a digital medium that provides easy access to *all* content, not just what you want. Bear that in mind. There are a multitude of Christian games available for the computer, as well. And D&D? Please tell me you're joking. This is a bunch of nerds with pencils, paper, and dice, and you're going to tag them as "satanic"?? This is role-playing, not Ouija. That's like me saying what you do for recreation is an abomination to God's will. Ridiculous, right?

2) "You can pick various "races" for your character, including several demonic looking characters called "elves". With their pointed ears and eerie non-human appearances, it allows children to pretend they are a demon themselves."
                                So Legolas was also a demon? If I recall correctly, Lord of the Rings was a story of great peril and tribulation against the evil of the world, a story of friendship, fellowship (you guys should be intimately familiar with that one), and the battle between right and wrong. You guys should love that story! I know I do, as does everybody I know. Also, wasn't it Jesus who said Jews and Gentiles alike were welcome into His kingdom? Also, "Man looks at the outside, but the Lord looks at the heart"? That ring a bell? Not judging a book by its cover? Any of this ringing a bell?

3) "The game is chockful of blasphemous magic and witchcraft."
                                Name one fantasy game that isn't. That's the point. It's intentionally set in a very different reality from our own. If you draw parallels, that's your problem, not mine.

"The player is able to perform a variety of spells such as hurling fire from one's hands, turning oneself invisible, forcing others' against their will to obey and listen to the character, and conjuring up demons from Hell to fight for the player."

Call me crazy, but I think the idea of hurling fire from my hands is pretty freaking sweet. "Forcing" others? Speechcraft, or in reality, would be known as "Are you a nice person?" Even in the game, Conjuration is considered a "black art", so why are you making a fuss? The game allows it, but by no means encourages it.

" In fact, magic and witchcraft are a major part of the game and it's difficult to play the game without resorting to these Satanic means."

Yeah, well, my character is an assassin (meaning I kill bad people that the officials are too scared to deal with), so my array of magic is fairly limited... mostly my magic is used to heal myself in the event my sneaking fails me. Doesn't seem so demonic, does it?

4) "The game makes no mention of God or Jesus Christ, instead it pushes a mythology of "Nine gods". You can go to heretical chapels and actually pray to these gods in this game and they heal you!"

Greek mythos has a dozen gods, and you're getting riled up over a game? Give it a few minutes, let the absurdity sink in.

5) "There is a realm called "Oblivion" which is definitely just Hell with a different name. You are required to go through this Hell environment during the game."
                                .....and destroy, because they're the portals of Evil into the world. Seriously. Do your research next time. Didn't Jesus descend into Hell to battle Satan for the keys to eternal life?

6) "Thieving and stealing are promoted in the game. You are allowed to pickpocket other people and steal possessions. One questline of the game actually REWARDS the player for this sinful behavior!"

Yeah, it's called the "Thieves' Guild" for a reason. Oh, and if you aren't careful, the guards will catch you and throw you in jail. Action, reaction. You do bad, you get punished. Again, sound familiar?

7) "You can do quests for these demons called "Daedra". By doing these quests, these demons reward you. This tells our children that by serving demons they will get rewarded."

What was your motivation to become a pastor? Based on your knowledge of your subject matter, it clearly wasn't the proclaiming of the truth of the Bible. Go to work. You do what your boss asks you to, you get rewarded. It's life, get used to it.

8) "Alcohol in the form of beer, wine, and brandy is available to the player and can be drunk."

I'm tempted to not even say anything, but I have to. Jesus turned water into wine. Alcoholic drinks were the only safe drink in olden days, because it was sterile. Don't drink to excess. HUGE difference from "don't drink". Communion: bread and wine. Don't even start with alcohol. You have less of a case there than any other point you've provided.

9) "This game promotes astrology. Upon creating a character, you are forced to choose a "birthsign". More occult ideas pushed upon the impressionable player."

Once again, you're making a big deal over something happening in a game, yet ignoring the fact that it happens even more in reality. Open your eyes.

10) "There are vampires in the game and a few of them are portrayed as "good guys"."

Once again, you're judging a book by its cover. You should know better.

In summary: Oblivion is an incredible game. If you knew anything about the work required to create such a masterpiece, you'd know that. I'm a professional programmer by trade, and I can tell you, I am absolutely astonished at what that game pulls off. And I completely realize that: it's a game. You people go crazy about my virtual realms, but don't even bother to fix your real ones? You are among the biggest hypocrites I have ever seen. Lucky for you, it isn't my place to judge.

Two more things:
                                a) "BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured"
                                *facepalm x2*

b) You can download The Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall for free! Legally! The series was so good, they're giving the older games away for free. Hmm...

Comment

Working...
                                X