• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pray for Less Stress Among the Super Rich

Originally Posted by Prayer Warrior
    https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/chr...-bribery-case/
    from the letter
    Ohio's libraries are among the best — and best-funded — in America. This year alone the state will spend nearly $400 million supporting local libraries, which are a wonderful resource for our communities.

Each and every day across Ohio, libraries are playing an important role in helping our students through literacy programs, book clubs and other enrichment activities. These and other initiatives, like educating young people on the dangers of drugs or teaching them technology skills, are the types of programs and activities on which the taxpayers hope to see their libraries focused.
    And yet when the very skills I've highlighted are supported, with opportunities for employment and enrichment on all levels, this is suddenly a cause for criticism?

Originally Posted by Cincinatti.com
    The criminal complaint accused Householder of creating an enterprise, Generation Now Ohio, to collect large sums of money for him and others involved in the conspiracy and to advocate for the bailout of the nuclear plants. Some of the money also was spent on Householder's political campaign, as well as on the campaigns of allies, the complaint said.
    What do they expect? Everyone going back to tinderboxes or learning about rub sticks together before you can have a cup of coffee? Communism sure is an expressway to to the stone age.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Prayer Warrior View Post
      https://twitter.com/jstein_wapo/stat...00135844261889

I'm glad Republicans are addressing the important issue of capital gains tax.
      To people complaining that a capital gains tax doesn't address our current crisis, all those people receiving generous $600 a week bonuses and $1,200 stimulus checks had the opportunity to invest that money in the stock market. Now that they've had their chance the solution is not to give them more money if they squandered the money that they had.

As the Bible tells us, Jesus hates those who don't fully utilize the gifts He gives them ( https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?p=934413 )
      Matthew 25: 26 "His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:"

Matthew 25:29 " For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath."
      In ancient times, the stock market did not exist but it does now. Those that didn't invest and instead wasted their gifts are wicked, slothful and spitting in Jesus's face.

This is how Jesus would handle sickness if He were around today.

Close minded people are just right people who don't want to spend time arguing.

Comment

Christ's standard so well expressed in Matthew is described outright as sorcery in the wretched communist manifesto of 1848.

a society that has conjured up such gigantic means of production and of exchange is like the sorcerer who is no longer able to control the powers of the nether world whom he has called up by his spells

For many a decade past the history of industry and commerce is but the history of the revolt of modern productive forces against modern conditions of production, against the property relations that are the conditions for the existence of the bourgeoisie and of its rule. It is enough to mention the commercial crises that by their periodical return put on its trial, each time more threateningly, the existence of the entire bourgeois society. In these crises a great part not only of the existing products, but also of the previously created productive forces, are periodically destroyed. In these crises there breaks out an epidemic that, in all earlier epochs, would have seemed an absurdity -- the epidemic of over-production. Society suddenly finds itself put back into a state of momentary barbarism;

it appears as if a famine, a universal war of devastation had cut off the supply of every means of subsistence; industry and commerce seem to be destroyed

and why? Because there is too much civilisation, too much means of subsistence, too much industry, too much commerce. The productive forces at the disposal of society no longer tend to further the development of the conditions of bourgeois property; on the contrary, they have become too powerful for these conditions, by which they are fettered, and so soon as they overcome these fetters, they bring disorder into the whole of bourgeois society, endanger the existence of bourgeois property. The conditions of bourgeois society are too narrow to comprise the wealth created by them. And how does the bourgeoisie get over these crises? On the one hand inforced destruction of a mass of productive forces; on the other, by the conquest of new markets, and by the more thorough exploitation of the old ones. That is to say, by paving the way for more extensive and more destructive crises, and by diminishing the means whereby crises are prevented. The weapons with which the bourgeoisie felled feudalism to the ground are now turned against the bourgeoisie itself. But not only has the bourgeoisie forged the weapons that bring death to itself; it has also called into existence the men who are to wield those weapons -- the modern working class -- the proletarians.

In proportion as the bourgeoisie, i.e., capital, is developed, in the same proportion is the proletariat, the modern working class, developed -- a class of labourers, who live only so long as they find work, and who find work only so long as their labour increases capital. These labourers, who must sell themselves piece-meal, are a commodity, like every other article of commerce, and are consequently exposed to all the vicissitudes of competition, to all the fluctuations of the market.

Right there. Everything Christ endorsed, the development of capital, even the will of Christians to be His servant, ripped up roots and all. Most importantly the buying and selling of Christians between wicked angels, outright demons or Beelzebub himself is impossible because Jesus has already bought us in an unalterable transaction! Hallelujah!! No matter how buoyant the market in humans among devils, vicissitudes of competition and fluctuations in that market permanently exclude Christians. Jesus expects a return on His investment: it's right there in the parable.

Comment

A Florida man was arrested and charged with fraudulently obtaining $3.9 million in Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans and using those funds, in part, to purchase a sports car for himself. Authorities seized a $318,000 sports car and $3.4 million from bank accounts at the time of arrest.

Florida Man who Used COVID-Relief Funds to Purchase Lamborghini Sports Car Charged in Miami Federal Court
          Another example of persecution for wealthy people. Didn't these people get the memo that CEOs aren't supposed to go to jail? What could give more relief in these difficult times than buying a sports car? No doubt business owners are particularly stressed worrying about all their poor employees that are going to be out of work. They need luxuries to help them cope with that stress in these difficult times.

I think the middle class needs to tighten their belt during these trying times and consider if they really need these generous unemployment payments when we have stressed CEOs not even able to purchase luxury sports cars with relief funds.

Comment

obtaining $3.9 million in Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans and using those funds, in part, to purchase a sports car for himself. Authorities seized a $318,000 sports car and $3.4 million from bank accounts
            I didn't need to read beyond the first paragraph! Don't executive packages include a car? Surely they're replaced periodically. And the balance was right there in the bank to disburse to employees as required? From the headline I thought he must have dumped it all in Vladivostok and jetted off to Vanuatu to splash it up on Vodka-champagne and the local fauna. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I guess this is what they mean by fake news.

Comment

https://twitter.com/jstein_wapo/stat...00135844261889

I'm glad Republicans are addressing the important issue of capital gains tax. Anyone can go to a 9/5 job. Investing in the stock market takes careful long term planning and frugality.

Donald Trump finally publicly announced his plan for a capital gains tax cut!

Comment

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-gains-tax-cut

Donald Trump finally publicly announced his plan for a capital gains tax cut!
                Trickle trickle trickle what's that sound? That's the roar of American car manufacturers leaping back into Michigan and Ohio to save the President! I love the synergy of government and industry, what a formidable team. I'd sure hate to be the opposition. Who are the opposition by the way?
                If I have seen further, it is by standing on the heads of others.

Comment

Satan is the opposition.
                  I Peter 5:6-9 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

Comment

With some doubting a good election outcome for President Trump, I believe this is an especially stressful time for the Super Rich. They invested heavily in the President's campaign and now may not reap the rewards they pursued with such passion. If Biden becomes President he will tax away the millions they rightly deserve.

All this being the case, a few moments in prayer for the Super Rich would be time well spent.
                    Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

III John 1:2

praying

Comment

Wealth Increase in 9 Months Exceeds Likely $908 Billion Cost of Covid Relief Package GOP Has Stalled as Too Costly  The collective wealth of America’s 651 billionaires has jumped by over $1 trillion since roughly the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic to a total of $4 trillion at market close on Monday, December 7, 2020. …

The collective wealth of America’s 651 billionaires has jumped by over $1 trillion since roughly the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic to a total of $4 trillion at market close on Monday, December 7, 2020. Their wealth growth since March is more than the $908 billion in pandemic relief proposed by a bipartisan group of members of Congress, which is likely to be the package that moves forward for a vote in the next week, but has been stalled over Republican concerns that it is too costly.

The $1 trillion wealth gain by 651 U.S. billionaires since mid-March is:

More than it would cost to send a stimulus check of $3,000 to every one of the roughly 330 million people in America. A family of four would receive over $12,000. Republicans have blocked new stimulus checks from being included in the pandemic relief package.
                        I'm glad to hear our nations billionaires are managing to endure this storm. During these times of uncertainty, now more than ever they need economic relief.

As the Bible tells us, Jesus hates those who don't fully utilize the gifts He gives them ( https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?p=934413 )

Matthew 25: 26 "His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:"

Matthew 25:29 " For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath."

In ancient times, the stock market did not exist but it does now. Those that didn't invest and instead wasted their gifts are wicked, slothful and spitting in Jesus's face.

I once again reference the parable about fully utilizing gifts. Clearly, it's not impossible to grow your wealth despite an ongoing pandemic. We already gave Americans economic relief, and instead of growing their $1,200 into $10,000 they squandered it and are asking for more money. To me, this shows they don't deserve to have this money because they'll only waste it.

I'm wondering if we could do the opposite of what this article proposes? Maybe every American could contribute $3,000 to help raise the wealth of these billionaires by an additional trillion. That's what would help the economy.

Comment

https://americansfortaxfairness.org/...andemic-began/
                          I'm glad to hear our nations billionaires are managing to endure this storm. During these times of uncertainty, now more than ever they need economic relief.
                          I once again reference the parable about fully utilizing gifts. Clearly, it's not impossible to grow your wealth despite an ongoing pandemic. We already gave Americans economic relief, and instead of growing their $1,200 into $10,000 they squandered it and are asking for more money. To me, this shows they don't deserve to have this money because they'll only waste it.
                          I'm wondering if we could do the opposite of what this article proposes? Maybe every American could contribute $3,000 to help raise the wealth of these billionaires by an additional trillion. That's what would help the economy.
                          Super idea, Brother Prayer--If this economy is go grow its money needs to be invested by the smartest people in the society. These are the rich. If the poor had the mailing addresses of the rich so money from the poor could be sent directly we would be getting somewhere.

I'm saying we should have a direct wealth transfer, poor to rich, and not do this by government tax and spend.
                          Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

I'm praying that the super rich, especially billionaire Donald Trump, will now in his retirement have time to think of himself. He cannot maintain his youthful appearance and vigor if he is constantly worried about the welfare of others. He must start to focus on himself.

He needs to call his family together and tell them he will now begin a new program of taking care of himself. He will say, "Look, I need my wealth to be happy. I want each one of you to go out and make your part of Trump International more profitable. Up your revenue. Don't show up at another family meeting until you make your goal."

He needs to sit down with Barron, his teenage son. "Barron, either raise those grades or get out," he must say. Only super performance from Barron will make the President happy.

My only wish is he would have started thinking of himself earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Johny Joe Hold View Post
                              My only wish is he would have started thinking of himself earlier.
                              Jesus certainly has placed on your heart a fine understanding of what people need, Brother Mayor. I pray President Trump, who by the way got more popular votes than the last twelve presidents combined when you count the legal votes, takes the time to relax on the golf course for real. For the last four years he was constantly interrupted by these Millennial Generationners and Gen Xists and all these other snowflakes whining about problems of their own making, demanding someone rescue them once again. And for the last four years it's been our fearless president. Well, he has earned a well deserved break. I pray Melania can finally let down her guard and tend to him like the help meet she was created to be. That would be nice for Trump. Very nice.
                              Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

One of the things Trump will enjoy is just being himself:

Comment

Working...
                                X