X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Compliment an Ugly Bride or Groom*

How to Compliment an Ugly Bride or Groom*

* without sinning by telling a lie...

I know this is difficult, but when the couple to be wed is ugly, you are sinning if you tell them they're handsome/beautiful.

One thing you can say is: I'd LIKE to compliment you on how beautiful you look today. Note, you said you would LIKE to compliment...

YOUR THOUGHTS?
    Attached Files
    Jesus - gentle, dependable overnight relief.

Re: How to Compliment an Ugly Bride or Groom*

"You've put in alot of hard work into your outfits"

Comment

Originally posted by symmetry View Post
      "You've put in alot of hard work into your outfits"
      This is very good! I can tell you have a lot of potential in God's favorite church.

Comment

Focus on one or two specific things: "I love your hair!" or "That's a really nice tux."
        Mark 16:17 And these attesting signs will accompany those who believe: in My Name they will drive out demons.

1 Kings 21:14 Then they sent to Jezebel, saying, Naboth is stoned . . .

A SPIRITUAL WARFARE PRAYER:
        Father, In Jesus' Name, I take the Blood of Jesus and break the power of all witches, warlocks, wizards, satanists, sorcerers, wiccans, pagans, and any other source, and all of their rituals off of us. With the Blood of Jesus, I erase all evil lines drawn on our liver. . .

LANDOVER BAPTIST DEMON HUNTING PERMIT #00666-27

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Justina Thyme View Post
          Focus on one or two specific things: "I love your hair!" or "That's a really nice tux."
          You gave me an idea, Justina, how about "look at those shiny buttons!"?

Comment

I've told many an unfortunate Brother that his new wife must be an excellent cook, judging by the size of her. That seems to work.
            Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Glendora Christianson View Post
              You gave me an idea, Justina, hou about "look at those shiny buttons!"?
              Mark 16:17 And these attesting signs will accompany those who believe: in My Name they will drive out demons.

Father, In Jesus' Name, I take the Blood of Jesus and break the power of all witches, warlocks, wizards, satanists, sorcerers, wiccans, pagans, and any other source, and all of their rituals off of us. With the Blood of Jesus, I erase all evil lines drawn on our liver. . .

sigpic

Comment

That is a fine compliment, Pastor, but please be mindful that it is best said out of earshot of the blushing wideload bride.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Glendora Christianson View Post
                  You gave me an idea, Justina, hou about "look at those shiny buttons!"?
                  "My, what delicate flowers!"

Comment

I think it's lovely the way you're carrying on the family tradition of marrying close cousins, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

OK, sorry, I guess that's not the Christian thing to say. How about, My, you two are positively glowing today! Yours is truly a match made in Heaven.

Pour out thy fury upon the heathen that know thee not, and upon the families that call not on thy name.... Jeremiah 10:25

Comment

I love it Ahimaaz! I think the first one is more should be more aimed at Polygamists! yuk!

Comment

How about:

" I can't wait to snap a picture of you two lovebirds feeding each other a big slice of wedding cake"

"Who's your Dentist? I couldn't help but notice your teeth!"
                        Judges 15:16
                        And Samson said, With the jawbone of an ass, heaps upon heaps, with the jaw of an ass have I slain a thousand men.

Comment

Well, if you add a "bless your heart" at the end of it, it always sounds better...... she looks like a cat's been gnawin' on her hair, bless her heart.
                          sigpic

Tweet me Here
                          My GODLY Bio Here

Comment

"Lord bless! You sure are a well-matched couple."

"I'm sure God has given you many gifts in addition to your appearance."

"Now, you two remember that youth and beauty don't last forever!"

"How about them mashed potatoes! Hallelujah!"

~~ OEJ

Comment

Originally posted by One-eyed Jack View Post
                              "Lord bless! You sure are a well-matched couple."

"I'm sure God has given you many gifts in addition to your appearance."

"Now, you two remember that youth and beauty don't last forever!"

"How about them mashed potatoes! Hallelujah!"

~~ OEJ
                              AMEN Brother. Your words are always sooo eloquent.

I told this happy couple that it was a "lovely ceremony" but on the inside I was marveling at how truly homely these two were and how happy I was that JESUS had them meet and fall in love because, really let's be honest here, these two both have a face that not even a mother could love.

I hope Brother Worthington chimes in on this one. He is like you Brother OEJ and has such a wonderful way with words.
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic

Tweet me Here
                              My GODLY Bio Here

Comment

Working...
                              X