X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Amish put their trust in God, not in vaccines

Originally posted by WWJDnow View Post
    Hobbits come from The Lord of the Rings, a witchcraft-promoting book written by a Catholic. They are of the Devil!
    Point taken. Please note that I didn't say that I believed or supported Hobbits. I just know enough about the Amish to distinguish them from Hobbits. . . And Mennonites.
    His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy

Comment

Originally posted by handmaiden View Post
      Point taken. Please note that I didn't say that I believed or supported Hobbits. I just know enough about the Amish to distinguish them from Hobbits. . . And Mennonites.
      We know you're good and Godly, sister. It was that Romanist who said:

Originally posted by Romeo Rovagnati View Post
      I think the Amish are nice people. They remind me of the Hobbits.

Which, by transposition, reads:

Originally posted by Romeo Rovagnati
      I think the [Hobbits] are nice people.

Like the Mafia, the Catholics will never disavow anything done by one of their own, no matter how vile, such as child molestation or writing demonic grimoires.
      I was sinking deep in sin far from the peaceful shore,
      Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more;
      But the Master of the Sea heard my despairing cry,
      From the waters lifted me, now safe am I!

Comment

The more I learn about Amish culture, the more I think they got it almost right. Why just almost? They fail to see how much money they can raise, and how many souls they can save, for Jesus with a television ministry and a private jet for each pastor.
        The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Q. What goes.... Clip clop, clip clop, clip clop, clip clop

BANG! BANG!

Clip clop, clip clop, clip clop, clip clop

A. An Amish drive by shooting.

This was told to me by a somewhat inebriated Amish during his rumspringa

Phil
          58 If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this law that are written in this book, that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, THE LORD THY GOD; 59 Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance. 60 Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee. 61 Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the LORD bringk upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

Deuteronomy 28: 58- 61

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ander View Post
            An Amish drive by shooting.
            This joke may be in poor taste, as a member of the Landover Baptist Church congregation was killed in an Amish drive by shooting 16 years ago.
            I was sinking deep in sin far from the peaceful shore,
            Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more;
            But the Master of the Sea heard my despairing cry,
            From the waters lifted me, now safe am I!

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Lukes View Post
              This joke may be in poor taste, as a member of the Landover Baptist Church congregation was killed in an Amish drive by shooting 16 years ago.
              Thanks for reminding me. Brother Mike was a closeted homer AND a democrat. I wouldn't have wanted to sit on the same pew, if you know what I mean.

Phil
              58 If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this law that are written in this book, that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, THE LORD THY GOD; 59 Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance. 60 Moreover he will bring upon thee all the diseases of Egypt, which thou wast afraid of; and they shall cleave unto thee. 61 Also every sickness, and every plague, which is not written in the book of this law, them will the LORD bringk upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

Deuteronomy 28: 58- 61

Comment

I was surprised to see in Post #5 that, despite their aversion to technology developed after a certain long-passed date, that these people were using a drone. I've done a reduced-size clip of a few frames (with the drone arrowed) which I'll append below. I'm not sure what the (Amish tech) date is, but steam road tractors have been around for some time – and I'm not sure which is worse to be stuck behind. There will be a quiz later.

Comment

QUIZ

sample 1
                  THE Mk I - 1801

highlighting: passenger accommodation
                  I would prefer to follow this because:
                  nice wheels
                  classy paint
                  speed
                  I wouldn't like to follow this
                  Easy! Just 4 simple options. Still with the Mk I – and Amish readers should note this was designed in the 18th century. Unveiled in time for Christmas 1801, we find some interesting features. There are other clips online but I'm sticking with short excerpts from this one so you can watch it through if interested. Here's the next sample:

sample 2
                  THE Mk I - 1801

highlighting: rear wheel steering
                  good roadholding
                  cute chimney
                  directional stability
                  I still wouldn't like to follow this
                  OK, that's enough from 1801. We noticed passenger inadequacies; in the Mk II, there's a great leap forward in that department. It was difficult to find good footage of this replica but there's a nice CAD graphic of the workings if you'd like see that. Here's question three:

sample 3
                  THE Mk II - 1802

highlighting: passenger comfort
                  compact axles
                  works without a horse
                  83 years before Bertha Benz
                  I hope I never see one
                  I have no idea what the Amish cut-off date is, as mentioned earlier, whether stuff from the 1700s is OK? Sometimes I've heard complaints about the horses and let's face it, if they were the only transport there'd be hundreds of millions of piles of steaming horse pollution everywhere, not to mention the fumes. To make a loaf of bread you'd need to grow twice as much grain to feed the horses and the staff required to run them. Simply screenshot each question, mark your choice and forward to your local Amish stables with your question about dates. Perhaps other devices are not satanic (in their estimation) and could be recommended.

sample 4
                  The CAD Graphic - 1802

highlighting: how it works
                  Yes! I'd follow this because:
                  pollution goes up
                  not backwards & down
                  it prevents me from speeding
                  to save the dolphins
                  No. I prefer the horses.
                  Thank you for taking part in this survey.

Comment

Working...
                  X