Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Bible Study > Teaching His Word
Reload this Page Did Jesus go to hell for 3 days

(#1)
Old
Thank you Pastor Pistle!
Forum Member

Seeker has bribed people to get these reputation points.Seeker has bribed people to get these reputation points.Seeker has bribed people to get these reputation points.Seeker has bribed people to get these reputation points.Seeker has bribed people to get these reputation points.Seeker has bribed people to get these reputation points.Seeker has bribed people to get these reputation points.Seeker has bribed people to get these reputation points.Seeker has bribed people to get these reputation points.Seeker has bribed people to get these reputation points.Seeker has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Did Jesus go to hell for 3 days - 08-23-2007, 12:38 AM

Some say he went to hell to go preach to them unsaved Jews and redeem them. But then after he died he said 'it was finished.' So if that was the case then he would have been back with his father for those 3 days before he rose from the dead. Why 3 days and what did he do all that time?

So are all OT people doomed for hell to begin with before Jesus died on the cross?

I hope this made some sense. Maybe one of you godly pastors could set me straight. It must have been all that Jerry Falwell teaching I was under.
(#2)
Old
Senior Pastor
VP of Evangelical Outreach
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Saved 5 Years 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Saved 10 Years 4th Year Bible College 2008 Witch Hunt Award Long service medal, 1st class Christian Love True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Tithing Manager True Christian Provider™ award Ribfest '02 Real American™ Senior Pastor Heaven Bound TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound Jailed for JESUS Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork True Republican Guns, Guts and GLORY!

Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Did Jesus go to hell for 3 days - 08-23-2007, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
So are all OT people doomed for hell to begin with before Jesus died on the cross?
No, before Jesus died on the cross, we were under a different covenant. Here is a handy, easy-to-understand chart that shows which covenants were/are/will be in effect at different points in history, and what people had to do/have to do/will have to do to obtain salvation.

Dispensational Chart

I hope this clears it up for you.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

Upon request I will cite scripture for all these facts in God's Holy Word.

✝ This is a Christian community and we worship GOD of the Holy bible, the only Living GOD. We worship Jesus Christ, Son of GOD and Savior. Anything else is absurd. ✝
Trump / Arpaio 2016 -- The Government We Deserve
#ChristianLivesMatter

(#3)
Old
Thank you Pastor Pistle!
Forum Member

Seeker has bribed people to get these reputation points.Seeker has bribed people to get these reputation points.Seeker has bribed people to get these reputation points.Seeker has bribed people to get these reputation points.Seeker has bribed people to get these reputation points.Seeker has bribed people to get these reputation points.Seeker has bribed people to get these reputation points.Seeker has bribed people to get these reputation points.Seeker has bribed people to get these reputation points.Seeker has bribed people to get these reputation points.Seeker has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Did Jesus go to hell for 3 days - 08-23-2007, 03:12 AM

Oh thank you pastor Billy. You are a true man of the faith and your knowlege. I always look forward to learning from you. I am very humble, but need some simple understanding. That was so easy to understand even more so than my simple 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies passed down from my jewish Aunt.

1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 egg

Mix and drop with a teaspoon. Bake 8 - 10 min in a 350 degree oven.
(#4)
Old
Thank you Pastor Pistle!
Forum Member

Default Re: Did Jesus go to hell for 3 days - 08-23-2007, 03:38 AM

You know I was thinking just a little deeper in my thoughts. Even as a child I must be pretty darn special that our wonderful God did not create me in the OT times. ( I mean I am glad my parents were'nt born then and did not have sex to create me.)

Jeremiah speaks volumes of this.
(#5)
Old
Senior Pastor
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Saved 5 Years 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Saved 10 Years 4th Year Bible College 2008 Witch Hunt Award Long service medal, 1st class Christian Love True Christian™ The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Tithing Manager True Christian Provider™ award Ribfest '02 Real American™ Senior Pastor Heaven Bound TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Pastor of GOD Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian The Lord’s Witness Wound Jailed for JESUS Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork True Republican Guns, Guts and GLORY!

Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pastor Billy-Reuben will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Did Jesus go to hell for 3 days - 08-23-2007, 04:40 AM

Quote:
You know I was thinking just a little deeper in my thoughts. Even as a child I must be pretty darn special that our wonderful God did not create me in the OT times. ( I mean I am glad my parents were'nt born then and did not have sex to create me.)

Jeremiah speaks volumes of this.
Amen to that, sister. We got the best deal around. Salvation by Grace is the easiest one of all.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

✝ This is a Christian community and we worship GOD of the Holy bible, the only Living GOD. We worship Jesus Christ, Son of GOD and Savior. Anything else is absurd. ✝
#ChristianLivesMatter

(#6)
Old
Thank you Pastor Pistle!
Forum Member

Default Re: Did Jesus go to hell for 3 days - 08-23-2007, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Billy-Reuben View Post
Amen to that, sister. We got the best deal around. Salvation by Grace is the easiest one of all.

Pastor Billy-Reuben
You got that right! Like always I don't understand some of those pentecost preachers that preach you got to run to the alter, dance move your stuff, (satanic as I will get out) drop some in the plate, give some donations to Michael Vic dead pitts, and take American West Airlines on the way home back to the hood. I think they used that John 3:16 verse or something.

That is a verse that leads to apostasy and that is where those loosers of all 'christians want to argue and debate their salvation! What more do they need for their faith to be affirmed. Charles Stanely?
(#7)
Old
True Christian™ Theologian
Forum Member

SalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Did Jesus go to hell for 3 days - 08-24-2007, 03:17 AM

Quote:
But then after he died he said 'it was finished.'
That quote is from John 19:30 and Jesus is speaking of the work He was foretold to do in the scriptures:
One need only to look at the previous verses to see that.

They said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be:
That the scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted my raiment among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots.
These things therefore the soldiers did.
John 19:24

Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!
Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.
After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.
Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished:
And he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
John 19:25-30

This is NOT the "fullfillment of all" talked of in Matthew 5:17-18 as some false christians claim in order to avoid obeying God's commandments...
They twist scripture like that to try and maintain a facade of decency and faith... but in truth, they reject it all outright.

The fulfillment talked of in Matthew 5:17-18 doesn't take place until the events in Revelation 21 btw..

Quote:
So if that was the case then he would have been back with his father for those 3 days before he rose from the dead. Why 3 days and what did he do all that time?
For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly;
So shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Matthew 12:40

In my Father's house are many mansions:
If it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself;
That where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
John 14:2-4

Jesus returned to the Father to prepare our heavenly mansions.
While his earthly body was lying dead for three days in the "heart of the earth"; which is underground; the cave that Jesus was buried in.

Quote:
You got that right! Like always I don't understand some of those pentecost preachers that preach you got to run to the alter, dance move your stuff, (satanic as I will get out) drop some in the plate, give some donations to Michael Vic dead pitts, and take American West Airlines on the way home back to the hood. I think they used that John 3:16 verse or something.

That is a verse that leads to apostasy and that is where those loosers of all 'christians want to argue and debate their salvation! What more do they need for their faith to be affirmed. Charles Stanely?
Pennycostal "worship" is nothing but an excuse for porch-monkey gangbangers to dance, meetup for fornication, and to "represent the set'".
Jesus pukes!

I must object to your description of John 3:16 however, as it is part of the Word of God! And EVERY Word of God is pure.
John 3:16 is also a good verse for proof that every single unbeliever will go to hell;
Something the liberal hippy-dippy "christians" try their best to hide however..

If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: But if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
A foolish woman is clamorous: She is simple, and knoweth nothing.
Proverbs 9:12-13
(#8)
Old
Senior Pastor
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

Default Re: Did Jesus go to hell for 3 days - 08-24-2007, 03:36 AM

About the various dispensations, I noticed that we have a new poster on this board who is intentionally rejecting God's free gift of grace now just so he doesn't get raptured. His plan is to try to get saved by getting himself martyred during the tribulation. I've never heard such a foolish thing in my life. That's like turning down a free H2 Hummer today, because he'd rather pay MSRP tomorrow.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

#ChristianLivesMatter

Last edited by Pastor Billy-Reuben; 08-24-2007 at 03:39 AM.
(#9)
Old
Thank you Pastor Pistle!
Forum Member

Default Re: Did Jesus go to hell for 3 days - 08-24-2007, 03:50 AM

SalvationSeeker................................... .... I am speechless!

You will get that crown in heaven with that extra diamond on the 7th level and live with many women/or men that you can't have sex with! That is right! I mean it is so hard not to imagine spending eternity to worship such a great GAWD. Can you think of anything better you would want to do on earth as in heaven?

I mean spending Sundays watching the NFL and enjoying is nothing to compare to being in a bowing position the rest of my life. Eternity.

Now don't get me wrong or anything. It's just that all teh reading in the word told me so much about hell, that it is very hard to imagine heaven. I mean my mind can only come up with burning in fires and such. That is easy. I think in some verse(hhmmm) god said we would not obtian the glory of heaven so he spared us the descriptive detials, but loved us so much that he was confident that the hell message and description would leed us to him. Well he was smart.
(#10)
Old
Thank you Pastor Pistle!
Forum Member

Default Re: Did Jesus go to hell for 3 days - 08-24-2007, 03:54 AM

Quote:
About the various dispensations, I noticed that we have a new poster on this board who is intentionally rejecting God's free gift of grace now just so he doesn't get raptured. His plan is to try to get saved by getting himself martyred during the tribulation. I've never heard such a foolish thing in my life. That's like turning down a free H2 Hummer today, because he'd rather pay MSRP tomorrow.

Pastor Billy-Reuben
HHMM, I think he was under that influence of the thief on the cross! It was just that easy, so I can understand.
(#11)
Old
Senior Pastor
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

Default Re: Did Jesus go to hell for 3 days - 08-24-2007, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Now don't get me wrong or anything. It's just that all teh reading in the word told me so much about hell, that it is very hard to imagine heaven. I mean my mind can only come up with burning in fires and such. That is easy. I think in some verse(hhmmm) god said we would not obtian the glory of heaven so he spared us the descriptive detials, but loved us so much that he was confident that the hell message and description would leed us to him. Well he was smart.
Here is a good resource that will point you to Bible verses that describe what Heaven will be like.

I can give you a basic run down:
  • We won't care about any loved ones who are in Hell, because Jesus will wipe away our tears.
  • There's no marriage or sex.
  • We won't be able to choose to sin, but we will still have free will.
To sum it up, we will be singing the Lord's praises every minute of every day. We won't even have to stop to eat, poop, sleep, or procreate. GLORY! I, for one, can't wait!

Pastor Billy-Reuben

#ChristianLivesMatter

(#12)
Old
Thank you Pastor Pistle!
Forum Member

Default Re: Did Jesus go to hell for 3 days - 08-24-2007, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Here is a good resource that will point you to Bible verses that describe what Heaven will be like.

• We won't care about any loved ones who are in Hell, because Jesus will wipe away our tears.
To sum it up, we will be singing the Lord's praises every minute of every day. We won't even have to stop to eat, poop, sleep, or procreate. GLORY! I, for one, can't wait!

Pastor Billy-Reuben
ROTFLMAO. I mean I should not say that here...but I just spit my diet coke on my screen. I am speechless now! lol. Get back to you when I have some more questions that you godly pastors can answer. See the glory of God just takes over! What can I say... Get in the spirit!
(#13)
Old
True Christian™ Princess
The Driving Force behind RA12
Have at it, anytime!

Long service medal, 1st class One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Ribfest '08 True Christian™ Saved 5 Years Saved 10 Years Best Pie True Christian Lady Real American™ Best stoning bucket Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture Super Soaker Baptism Award True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient Born again virgin Persecuted Christian Love Pro-Life Mission to Las Vegas Eats the Most Pork True Republican Princess

SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!SUV will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Did Jesus go to hell for 3 days - 08-24-2007, 03:43 PM

I do Believe that a Brother named "Lestat" once did, as well.
(#14)
Old
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Real American™ Gold Tither Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS TC Bravery Christian Love Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Nerd True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Home Schooled Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life True Republican Eats the Most Pork Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Prayer Warrior Early riser Touched by Jesus Mission to Korea Trump of GOD Donald Trump 2016! Anti-sodomy Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Righteousness Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire

WilliamJenningsBryan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WilliamJenningsBryan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WilliamJenningsBryan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WilliamJenningsBryan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WilliamJenningsBryan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WilliamJenningsBryan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WilliamJenningsBryan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WilliamJenningsBryan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WilliamJenningsBryan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WilliamJenningsBryan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!WilliamJenningsBryan will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Did Jesus go to hell for 3 days - 08-24-2007, 09:28 PM

Quote:
ROTFLMAO. I mean I should not say that here...but I just spit my diet coke on my screen. I am speechless now! lol. Get back to you when I have some more questions that you godly pastors can answer. See the glory of God just takes over! What can I say... Get in the spirit!
You need to make sure these manifestations are truly those of the Holy Spirit, Sister Seeker. We can't have you becoming a Shaker. Have you had any strange desires to take vows of celibacy or to start making furniture lately?

Hell's foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
brothers, lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
...and get off my lawn
(#15)
Old
True Christian™ Nitric Oxide
True Christian™

Long service medal, 1st class Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Saved 5 Years Bronze Tither Christian Love 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Home Schooled Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork True Republican Sons of Liberty Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Prayer Warrior Saved 10 Years

Brother V will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother V will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother V will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother V will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother V will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother V will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother V will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother V will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother V will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother V will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother V will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Did Jesus go to hell for 3 days - 08-24-2007, 09:33 PM

Quote:

Pastor Billy-Reuben
That leads to an interesting question, Pastor.

Were Jesus was in hell, would the Father care?

Would Jesus have been able to get a drop of water from Lazarus?
(#16)
Old
True Christian™ Theologian
Forum Member

SalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Did Jesus go to hell for 3 days - 08-24-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamJenningsBryan View Post
Have you had any strange desires to take vows of celibacy or to start making furniture lately?
Vows of celibacy.. now that is truly something extremely unnatural for women as their chance of Salvation lies in childbearing. (1 Timothy 2:15)

But then, a woman being a harlot, that's probably even worse:
Atleast one who has taken a vow of celibacy and is a virgin (ie a non-harlot), isn't damaged goods.

What about you Seeker, you aren't damaged goods, I hope? Or even worse, infertile?

If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: But if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
A foolish woman is clamorous: She is simple, and knoweth nothing.
Proverbs 9:12-13
(#17)
Old
Senior Pastor
On FIRE for Jesus
True Christian™

Default Re: Did Jesus go to hell for 3 days - 08-24-2007, 10:21 PM

I just realized that I missed half of Seeker's original question. She asked what Jesus was doing in Hell for those three days.

Jesus went to Hell to to pay the price for our sins. Jesus's dying words were "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" He knew what was in store for him. He knew at that moment that He had become separated from God, and was being cast down into Hell.

My assumption is that He most likely spent those three days chained to a magma vent being sodomized by demons, so that I don't have to.

THANK YOU JESUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother V
That leads to an interesting question, Pastor.

Were Jesus was in hell, would the Father care?

Would Jesus have been able to get a drop of water from Lazarus?
Those are interesting questions, Brother V.

Since Jesus wasn't in Heaven to wipe away his Father's tears, it could be that He was very sad. Maybe that's why Jesus got released from Hell after only three days, instead of the eternal sentence that everyone else gets.

Since Jesus IS God, I have to believe that his powers still work in Hell. If He can turn water into wine, then He can probably turn magma into cool, refreshing water.

Pastor Billy-Reuben

#ChristianLivesMatter

(#18)
Old
Landover Security Superviser
Asset Loss Prevention and Personal Security Expert
NOT angry and positively NOT Gay
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 2nd class Saved 1 Year Saved 5 Years True Heterosexual™ True Christian Provider™ award 2008 Witch Hunt Award Real American™ Ex-Mary Worshipper The Lord’s Witness Wound Tagging for Jesus Heaven Bound TC Bravery Protected by JESUS Punched the most queers Ex-Masturbator True Christian Justice of the Peace Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot Home Schooled Friend of Jesus 2010 Witch Hunt Award Flat Earth Super Soaker Baptism Award Tell her once Silver Tither Gunfest '07 Christian Love Persecuted Porn Resistant Mission to Las Vegas Eats the Most Pork 2011 Witch Hunt Award True Republican Sons of Liberty Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior

Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Bobby-Joe will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Did Jesus go to hell for 3 days - 08-24-2007, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Those are interesting questions, Brother V.

Since Jesus wasn't in Heaven to wipe away his Father's tears, it could be that He was very sad. Maybe that's why Jesus got released from Hell after only three days, instead of the eternal sentence that everyone else gets.
This leads to another question, when Jesus returned to heaven did Jesus help God forget that God sent Jesus to Hell? Or at lest did God forget the pain? Since God has perfect knowledge that means God has to remember the pain but since as God Jesus is all powerful Jesus could make God forget the pain of sending Jesus to hell.

Time to reclaim our FREEDOM from the “Mullah in Chief” and his growing activist voter hoards of socialists, communists, anti-Semites, anti-Christians, atheists, radical gays and lesbians, feminists, illegal immigrants, Muslims, anti-Anglo whites and others.

Hot Must ReadThreads!

Time to come clean on Benghazi Mr Obama!
(#19)
Old
Thank you Pastor Pistle!
Forum Member

Default Re: Did Jesus go to hell for 3 days - 08-25-2007, 01:22 AM

Quote:
What about you Seeker, you aren't damaged goods, I hope? Or even worse, infertile?
Not even close. I have 10 children and plan on having more as the Good Lord wills. Every saturday night is the night to make babies. Sunday is the day to rest, so I think I am good in that department.
(#20)
Old
Thank you Pastor Pistle!
Forum Member

Default Re: Did Jesus go to hell for 3 days - 08-25-2007, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe View Post
This leads to another question, when Jesus returned to heaven did Jesus help God forget that God sent Jesus to Hell? Or at lest did God forget the pain? Since God has perfect knowledge that means God has to remember the pain but since as God Jesus is all powerful Jesus could make God forget the pain of sending Jesus to hell.
Or even easier he did not have to go through the pain at all, ya know, but he liked to make things difficult. He could have not set up Adam and Eve in the first place, drown the world when he got pissed and was sorry for his mistake creating us, and then have them multiply the earth back again through insest, just so thousands of years later - he finally realized he needed to show a little grace and mercy. Them lamb slaughters weren't good enough and striking down priest that messed up once was not working either. So that is when he sent Jesus.

But you know what the truth is..........is that he did not want to create robots because he was needy and wanted to feel love and have puppets to play with. So the next time someone wants to question his reasons for dying on the cross and going to hell for 3 days, you just tell them that it was God's perfect plan for us. That is Christian 101 and everybody should know this. It is just common sense and simple to understand. No need to question your faith so deep like that.