X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice for teen parents

Originally posted by Lump View Post
    I'd rather not waste my phone minutes having someone read the Bible to me.
    And I don't give out my address indiscriminately. But you can PM me here.
    Did I ask YOU to tell me your address?

Sister Talitha

Markswoman, Circumcisionist, Platinum Tither.

HE took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, Talitha Cumi; which is,
    being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise!...Mark 5:41

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
      Marriage can be a very scary step for people especially if it wasn't planned like in this situation. You really have to be emotionally prepared before jumping into it. I guess what most people are afraid of is if you will still be inlove with this person you marry later down the track. You only get (hopefully) one chance at this so it better be right.
      Yes. Exactly.

Marriage can be a very scary step for some people. Many new responsibilities, working with your spouse, and in this case, a child. If you marry someone, it should be someone who understands you, cares for you, and will never leave you, no matter what. If your husband/wife decides to divorce you, it just goes to show that they are not the right one for you. The thing though, is that if you or your spouse are pregnant during the time of divorce, I could imagine how bad it must be not knowing who their dad is (assuming they stayed with their mother). If your marriage is on the rocks, if you have a child it might be scary to just watch his/her parents just walk away from each other. In that case, just try and stay together for the sake of your children. I know that I can speak for others when I say that some of the people you see that have had their parents divorce each other lead to something like suicide and depression.

I'm just saying, if you don't want your child to wind up like a wacko or a social outcast, you should make sure that they never have to experience the painfulness of divorce. I don't condone anything that would lead to serious damage with a child, but something like a small swat on the butt is nothing compared to the horrors of divorce.

/rant

That is what I feel anyways. Anyone else's input would be appreciated.
      Ecclesiastes 4:5 The fool foldeth his hands together, and eateth his own flesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Magikarp View Post
        Yes. Exactly.

Marriage can be a very scary step for some people. Many new responsibilities, working with your spouse, and in this case, a child. If you marry someone, it should be someone who understands you, cares for you, and will never leave you, no matter what. If your husband/wife decides to divorce you, it just goes to show that they are not the right one for you. The thing though, is that if you or your spouse are pregnant during the time of divorce, I could imagine how bad it must be not knowing who their dad is (assuming they stayed with their mother). If your marriage is on the rocks, if you have a child it might be scary to just watch his/her parents just walk away from each other. In that case, just try and stay together for the sake of your children. I know that I can speak for others when I say that some of the people you see that have had their parents divorce each other lead to something like suicide and depression.

I'm just saying, if you don't want your child to wind up like a wacko or a social outcast, you should make sure that they never have to experience the painfulness of divorce. I don't condone anything that would lead to serious damage with a child, but something like a small swat on the butt is nothing compared to the horrors of divorce.

/rant

That is what I feel anyways. Anyone else's input would be appreciated.
        Are people like you the result of a broken home? I'd hate for my friend's child to be some pathetic vampire freak loser.

Comment

Working...
        X