X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tithing Reminder: DON'T JEW JESUS!

Originally posted by proteastantguy View Post
    I'm just curious, but if you sell everything you own (including your house, and excluding your KJV Bible) would Jesus appreciate if all the money got tithed?
    In fact Jesus demands that the poor do just that!

Mark 12:41 And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much. Mark 12:42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing. Mark 12:43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: Mark 12:44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.
    Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
      Even if you're rich with lots of money? If so I'll better be going to selling stuff.

Comment

Even if you're rich with lots of money? If so I'll better be going to selling stuff.
        Oh Christ no! No, no no. That's only for the poor.

The rich give the usual 30% (gross, not net).
        Who Will Jesus Damn?

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

I do have lots of money, but I don't feel it would be enough just tithing 30 % of my money, maybe it will be enough with 100 %

Comment

I do have lots of money, but I don't feel it would be enough just tithing 30 % of my money, maybe it will be enough with 100 %
            Now we're talking!
            Who Will Jesus Damn?

Comment

Now we're talking!
              And you say tithing everything is only for the poor

Comment

Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine. Proverbs 3:9-10
                But whosoever shall deny me before men,
                him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
                ~Matt. 10:33

~~~~~~~
                Theme song in hell: "I Did it My Way"

Comment

I acturally do pay my 10% but I give it to people that I know and like. for it says that "when you do onto others you do onto me". It has worked out until my family blasted away $20,000 of my savings, leaving me with a lot of debt and no capital to get back on my feet. but, I still feel it is a good philosophy to give to those who you actually like and can help that are passing by rather then a church.
                  Ecclesiastes 4:5 The fool foldeth his hands together, and eateth his own flesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Penny E View Post
                    I acturally do pay my 10% but I give it to people that I know and like. for it says that "when you do onto others you do onto me". It has worked out until my family blasted away $20,000 of my savings, leaving me with a lot of debt and no capital to get back on my feet. but, I still feel it is a good philosophy to give to those who you actually like and can help that are passing by rather then a church.
                    You are directly robbing God by doing that young lady. The Holy Bible doesn't say to redistribute your wealth to your freeloading friends like some kind of communist. It says to give at least 10% of your wealth (gross, not net) to GOD. And if you're poor, the Bible says you have to give EVERYTHING.

Mark 12:41 And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much. Mark 12:42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing. Mark 12:43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury: Mark 12:44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.
                    And what better way to give God His due than to Tithe robustly to His favorite Church, Landover Baptist?
                    Who Will Jesus Damn?

Comment

Exactly what do we gain by tithing? I am just curious to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Malfunction View Post
                        Exactly what do we gain by tithing? I am just curious to know.
                        Gain?

How about not spending eternity being satan's favorite party ewe? How's that?
                        Who Will Jesus Damn?

Comment

Hmm we Urantians do not have a concept of Hell in our religion, but I would be more than happy to tithe to you all.

Can I get a pony though, since I will not become Satan's favorite party ewe?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Malfunction View Post
                            Hmm we Urantians do not have a concept of Hell in our religion, but I would be more than happy to tithe to you all.

Can I get a pony though, since I will not become Satan's favorite party ewe?
                            Sure, we will send you a pony, (it will be a little one) once your accounts zero out.
                            Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
                            Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
                            Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
                            Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                            Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
                            Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

I have tried a couple times to tithe the LBC, but there seems to be something wrong with the paypal acct. Is my money not good enough to do the Lords work or has some sinner been hacking on it?
                              Psalm 137:8-9 O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.
                              Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dec Abdiel Mordecai View Post
                                I have tried a couple times to tithe the LBC, but there seems to be something wrong with the paypal acct. Is my money not good enough to do the Lords work or has some sinner been hacking on it?
                                The Bible tells them to be cautious about accepting donations:

Deuteronomy 23:18 "Thou shalt not bring the hire of a whore, or the price of a dog, into the house of the Lord thy God for any vow: for even both these are abomination unto the Lord thy God."

You aren't trying to launder your pimping income, are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X