X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies, let's try to keep a lid on it shall we?

God only knows how I ended up there, but today I found myself reading a disturbing article about why women complain all the time.

How I used Ayahuasca to heal an intangible, gaping Mother Wound and send me on a journey into the Sacred Feminine. 

Apparently, according to this tiresome litany of woes, "The Mother Wound is the pain of being a woman passed down through generations of women in patriarchal cultures. And it includes the dysfunctional coping mechanisms that are used to process that pain... Mothers may unconsciously project deep rage towards their children in subtle ways. However, the rage really isn’t towards the children. The rage is towards the patriarchal society that requires women to sacrifice and utterly deplete themselves in order to mother a child." Yada yada yada.

I hope not to hear any of this type of psycho talk in the Church - cakes, babies and fabrics only. The elders will be listening out.
    If I have seen further, it is by standing on the heads of others.

Re: Ladies, let's try to keep a lid on it shall we?

Originally posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole View Post
    . . . talk in the Church - cakes, babies and fabrics only. The elders will be listening out.
    Brother, I assume you are referring to conversation that takes place after worship services during social gatherings in the church kitchen and lounge areas. The women of Landover Baptist certainly know that we aren't permitted to speak in Church!

As for those kitchen conversations about cakes and babies and what have you, I'm sorry that any of our elders have to endure the boredom of listening in. It's bad enough that Jesus has to hear all our silly nattering. You know, if the Apostle Paul had been just a wee bit broader in his admonishment that women be silent, none of this would be necessary at all.
    His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy

Comment

I watched a documentary called "Orange is the New Black" and the things those women prisoners get up to in the kitchens is truly shocking. I can't believe the camera men didn't put a stop to it.
      READ THE BIBLE

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole View Post
        Apparently, according to this tiresome litany of woes, "The Mother Wound is the pain of being a woman passed down through generations of women in patriarchal cultures. And it includes the dysfunctional coping mechanisms that are used to process that pain... Mothers may unconsciously project deep rage towards their children in subtle ways. However, the rage really isn’t towards the children. The rage is towards the patriarchal society that requires women to sacrifice and utterly deplete themselves in order to mother a child."
        What utter nonsense! Speaking as the mother of many, I can assure you that any such "rage" (which I would describe as really quite minor irritation, perfectly justifiable and transient) really is towards my children. Because well, you know, boys will be boys.
        Vaccinated by the love of Jesus!!!

Comment

It seems to me common rules of courtesy apply here. I can understand how women, getting together and comparing notes so to speak, could come to the conclusion men are getting a better deal than they are.

This is a moment for women to remember how much this kind of talk hurts men. Some men may be made to feel guilty. Others may become confused and defy Biblical teaching and switch sides to advocate for women.

This kind of self-serving talk among women needs to be out of earshot. Even better, it should never happen at all.
          Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

Working...
          X