X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tolerance

I tolerate people. I tolerate people of other nationalities. I tolerate people of other race. I suppose I basically even tolerate homosexuality as long as they don't come on me. I most certainly tolerate other religions. I am absolutely sure, that a man praying in a mosque feels the same connection to God as I do in a Church. I suppose I have some prejudice against all that somewhere inside me, but I feel in my heart, that it is right and it is the will of god to tolerate and love everybody.
    Am I right or will I burn in hell?

Re: Tolerance

Originally posted by propos View Post
    I basically even tolerate homosexuality as long as they don't come on me.
    That's how you will get the AIDS, so I hope you don't tolerate that.
    May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

I tolerate people. I tolerate people of other nationalities. I tolerate people of other race. I suppose I basically even tolerate homosexuality as long as they don't come on me. I most certainly tolerate other religions. I am absolutely sure, that a man praying in a mosque feels the same connection to God as I do in a Church. I suppose I have some prejudice against all that somewhere inside me, but I feel in my heart, that it is right and it is the will of god to tolerate and love everybody.
      God doesn't seem to be big on tolerance from what I read in the Bible. Have you tried looking there for some answers?
      Matthew:
      5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
      5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled
      10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
      10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

sigpic

Comment

Is the search function not working for you? We already have a thread on that.
        This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

Questions to ask liberal "Christians"Things that the Bible doesn't sayTolerance

sigpic

Comment

If you put Faith in GOD in order to join with Him in the afterlife, and follow the path laid out by His Son, and submit to the Word, then you will surely not burn in Hell.

This you already know.
          May the call of Jihad be forever outshined, outmatched, and outlasted by the The LORD's Crusade, to the end of eternity and the extinction of mortal flesh. Let those who march against it in His name be as giants - pure of heart, strong of body, honored, invulnerable. May those warriors be burning stars in the firmament of battle, angels of death on shining wings, bringing swift annihilation to the enemies of CHRIST. Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
            That's how you will get the AIDS, so I hope you don't tolerate that.
            I'm sorry, I do not wish to be rude, but AIDS can only be transferred through contact of bodily fluids. Like sex or contact with infected blood.

I am quite young (19 years old) and have not yet had time to read through the whole Bible because I have had alot of compulsory reading in school. I hope The Bible would be added among them one day.

However I do have some knowledge of christian morals. Did not God say "Love thy neighbor"? Did not Jesus preach, that we should love God and love everybody unconditionally, because deep down everybody is good?

I am a little confused.

Comment

I'm sorry, I do not wish to be rude, but AIDS can only be transferred through contact of bodily fluids. Like sex or contact with infected blood.

I am quite young (19 years old) and have not yet had time to read through the whole Bible because I have had alot of compulsory reading in school. I hope The Bible would be added among them one day.

However I do have some knowledge of christian morals. Did not God say "Love thy neighbor"? Did not Jesus preach, that we should love God and love everybody unconditionally, because deep down everybody is good?

I am a little confused.
              Love thy neighbor assumes you're living in a Christian neighborhood, so to speak. Your neighbor in God, people who believe the same way you do. I don't recall ever reading the love everybody unconditionally part.
              Matthew:
              5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
              5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled
              10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
              10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

sigpic

Comment

have not yet had time to read through the whole Bible ...I do have some knowledge of christian morals.
                You contradicted yourself.

Did not God say "Love thy neighbor"?
                That's right, and that's why True Christians™ love each other. None of us have sodomites for neighbors.

Did not Jesus preach, that we should love God and love everybody unconditionally, because deep down everybody is good?
                Chapter and verse, please.

I am a little confused.
                Listening to unBiblical, false christian cultists can do that. Look, these charlatans know that hardly anybody reads the Bible beyond the "begat" bits, so they just preach what their audience wants to hear, and what makes them put money in the collection plate.

Well, who are you going to trust? God's letter to you, or someone who says "take my word for it"? To tell truth from untruth you need to use the Scientific Method for Christians.
                Disagree? By failing to register and debate me, you prove that liberals are factless frauds who only persuade through intimidation. To prove otherwise, debate me!
                Got Questions? See Frequently Asked Questions, or use Forum Search, tag system, or our guides on Geography, History, Science, Comparative Religion, Civics, and Current Events.
                Did I use a new word you've never heard? Definitions here. | Vote! Everything you need to vote here!

Comment

Originally posted by eliot mayfield View Post
                  Love thy neighbor assumes you're living in a Christian neighborhood, so to speak. Your neighbor in God, people who believe the same way you do. I don't recall ever reading the love everybody unconditionally part.
                  I may have phrased it wrong, but here it is:
                  Matthew 5:43-48

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Comment

I tolerate people. I tolerate people of other nationalities. I tolerate people of other race. I suppose I basically even tolerate homosexuality as long as they don't come on me (PARDON??? So sex with homers is OK, as long as their seed doesn't touch you?! FILTHY!) . I most certainly tolerate other religions.
                    Tolerating something doesn't equal accepting or respecting it. In fact, the very word implies that you look down on the thing you're tolerating. The dictionary confirms this:

tolerate
                    v 1: put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage" [syn: {digest}, {endure}, {stick out}, {stomach}, {bear}, {stand}, {support}, {brook}, {abide}, {suffer}, {put up}]

So basically, you're an arrogant douchebag who's soooo good, that he'll put up with all the inferior people.

Wow, thank you SO MUCH!

I will pray for you, dear imbecile
                    I take my orders from Jesus H. Christ, supernatural born US citizen

Be wary of false Kumbaya Christians who use a highlighter and scissors to read the Bible. God wants us to read the lines, not between the lines. False Christians will go to Hell:
                    Matthew 7:22
                    Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
                    Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Asking a Christian to prove God exists is like asking him to prove his phone rings because yours doesn't. Make that call yourself! Dial 0800-get-on-your-knees-and-pray.

Comment

Since you're unframiliar with the Bible, I'll just stick to the famous bits.

You know the 10 commandments, right? "Thou shalt have no others gods before me?" Does that mean you can't worship Jesus? No, it means Jesus and the God of the Old Testement are the same. We called it "The Holy Trinity".

You know How God, that is Jesus, sent the plagues upon Egypt? How He killed every the firstborn child to punish a Pharoh (who He didn't just punish directly?) Does that sound like the wuss you've heard preachers describe?

You know God controls everything, individually designing each and every snowflake, right? So who punishes sinful toddlers with horrible injuries and diseases? Who kills the 75% of babies who die in miscarriages? Your hippie Jesus? Or the bold and ruthless king and Lord of hosts that True Christians™ worship?

You know how Joshua won the battle of Jericho? Catchy song, huh? You know that when Joshua took Jericho he killed "everything that breathed", right? Pregnant ladies, babies, everything. I guess your hippie Jesus would blather about "rules of engagement" and "disproportionate force", but the REAL Jesus, the one we worship, knows you have to break a lot of eggs to make an omlete. That and a lot of babies.

You know about Noah and the flood? That's Jesus who drowned everybody on earth. Picture your hippie Jesus waterboarding to death little babies!

Jesus works in mysterious ways. He is the shepard of our flock. You know that shepards EAT the sheep, right? Mysterious ways. It is not our job to question it.

Love everybody? Of course we love everybody, but it's tough love, rebuking ongoing sin, urging repentance for past sin, punishing preemptively future sin.

The is, if we tolerate your sin, you'll have to tolerate the flames of HELL. Then you'll really get to show off how good at tolerating stuff you are.

But wait! It doesn't have to be this way! Toss away those secular books Obama's brainwashing mills order you too read, and get the Bible! But first, get on your knees, repent your sins, and beg forgiveness from the LORD.
                      Disagree? By failing to register and debate me, you prove that liberals are factless frauds who only persuade through intimidation. To prove otherwise, debate me!
                      Got Questions? See Frequently Asked Questions, or use Forum Search, tag system, or our guides on Geography, History, Science, Comparative Religion, Civics, and Current Events.
                      Did I use a new word you've never heard? Definitions here. | Vote! Everything you need to vote here!

Comment

Originally posted by GOD=life View Post
                        Tolerating something doesn't equal accepting or respecting it. In fact, the very word implies that you look down on the thing you're tolerating. The dictionary confirms this:

tolerate
                        v 1: put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage" [syn: {digest}, {endure}, {stick out}, {stomach}, {bear}, {stand}, {support}, {brook}, {abide}, {suffer}, {put up}]

So basically, you're an arrogant douchebag who's soooo good, that he'll put up with all the inferior people.

Wow, thank you SO MUCH!

I will pray for you, dear imbecile
                        Oh, I am very sorry about the phrase "come on me". English is not my native language and I did not realise what I had said untill you pointed it out. I was trying to say, that I do not mind people being homosexual as long as they are not hitting on me or something.
                        About the word tolerance... that's not exactly what i was thinking either, but explaining it would be difficult.

And thank you very much.

Comment

Yes, God has done terrible things which we cannot understand. And yes, it is not our job to question God's ways and neither is it our job to question the teachings of Jesus Christ. Jesus told us to love our enemies therefore we must tolerate our enemies knowing that we are just and rightful by doing so.
                          I am not questioning God here. I am questioning this webpage.

Comment

I am not questioning God here. I am questioning this webpage.
                            So your problem is not with baby-torturing, but with impoliteness. The word for this, I believe, is "liberal". However, WE PREACH THE WAY JESUS PREACHED.

Comment

Jesus told us to love our enemies therefore we must tolerate our enemies knowing that we are just and rightful by doing so.
                              That's a non sequitur. Loving someone doesn't mean tolerating that person. In fact, it's quite the opposite; True Christian™ love often requires that we love people with Christ's tough love:

Ezekiel 33:8-9: When I say unto the wicked, O wicked [man], thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked [man] shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

1 Timothy 5:20: Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

Look at it this way. If you see someone standing in the path of an oncoming train, which is the genuinely loving thing to do: to mind your own business and honor that person's choice, or to push that person out of the way?
                              This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

Questions to ask liberal "Christians"Things that the Bible doesn't sayTolerance

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X