X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Att. ATHEISTS: What is the Purpose of your SAD,Sorry lives?

Originally posted by Louise1987 View Post
    Atheists aren't worse than muslims or christians. There are many of each behind bars. Take catholism who has done much harm to children.

I think we can all agree that is terrible.
    I agree that Catholicism is terrible, but I'm happy to see Muslims and atheists behind bars. What's terrible about that?

All of my friends are atheist and I read the notorious Pharyngula blog everyday. Despite it, none of us feel the urge to harm other people.
    Yet your dear Professor Myers wants to round up Christians and run them before Obamacare death panels, so they are diagnosed as clinically insane (Myers says Christians are all insane for not sharing his Godmockery) and locked up in re-education camps or death camps. You don't share his view on that?

We have exactly the same morals as religious, you, do, the reason behind the just differ. You get yours from the bible, possibly, we get ours from what is logical.
    No, you get yours from cultural relativism. If it feels good, do it, right? Fornication, adultery, cannibalism, homosexuality . . . all fine and dandy?

If I lay in a hospital bed I'd rather have the doctor operate on me than pray for me.
    I hope for your sake the doctor doing the operating is a Christian, and doesn't steal your organs like atheist doctors do. "Oh, she's got two kidneys, she won't miss one! And we can sell it on the black market for $10,000!"

Atheists think God isn't watching, and so they can get away with these horrible things.

You want to be religious, fine by me. But have you checked other religions to see if any of them suited you better or did you just mindlessly choose the one you were brought up with?
    That doesn't even make sense. Christianity is Truth. How could a false religion ALSO be Truth?

Every single religion states that it is the one and only Truth. Only one can be right. And that one religion is the most popular in the world: Christianity. That's WHY it's the most popular!
    Originally posted by SUV View Post
    PS Please don't call me "honey." Honey is bee poop
    Dear SUV, don't worry. Honey's not bee poop!

It's bee BARF. <-- a bee making honey

Isn't that better?
    Bible boring? Nonsense!
    Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
    You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Sheep McUinnean View Post
      ...the despairingly utter complete pointlessness of existence with no goals, no objective, no meaning, no purpose-filled void of a life and usually commit suicide. Those brave enough anyway...We come from nothing, we go to nothing, so what's the point of all the inbetweenness? I'd like an atheist to give their viewpoint if we have any of those sad lonely absurdly angry creatures online who're always lurking.
      First, not an atheist, but stince this board lumps the agnostics in with em, I guess it's good enough

Second, basically, you want an answer to eternal question Why Are We Here? What Do We Do With Our Lives?

Well, of course theres the survival part, brushing your teeth, having a roof, getting dinner...the day to day stuff takes up most of our day.

In the big picture behind that, the thing that makes sense is We're here to help each other. Becaus Life is hard. And if I pick you up one day, maybe you'll pick me up the next. Most people get so wrapped up in the survival part (Do I Have a Roof?) that whats forgotten is we're pack animals. social, part of a bigger tribe. Thats why solitary confinement is the ultimate punishment next to death. To be separated from fellow man is punishment.

The thing to learn about helping other people is it's not really the best help to give people the help they Don't Want. If I want to give a homeless someone a egg salad sandwich but what they really want is a drink, what is my half sandwich doing for them? Prolonging the time they're yearning for a drink. So real help is not just giving something YOU THINK they need but asking Hey What Do You Need Help With? What Can I Get You In My Power? People might not want a lecture they might just want to use your washing machine.

Willingness to go out of your way for someone is probablly the hardest to do, and most valuable an rare. if no one did it it'd be lonely anarchies.

Comment

This entire website makes me sad. You "True Christians" go around preaching your superior ways and condemn everybody else as unworthy trash. The funny thing is, if Jesus were alive, he wouldn't associate with you. You bear more resemblance to the ruling religious class that existed during his time than to his disciples.

You see the rest of the world not as human, but as outsiders worthy only of death and eternal torment. You bear much more resemblance to radical muslim terrorists than you would/could ever admit.

The appeal to secular-humanism is equality and freedom. Every human is just as valuable as the next. Every life has meaning because it's all that can be proven to exist. There is no divine division between Believers and Heretics, we are all just... human. Every person is responsible for his choices, but not because of some Divine carrot and stick, but because his choices define him.

I post this knowing it will be misunderstood, misinterpreted, and damned and stamped Heretical trash =)
        This soace is reserved for posting KJV Scripture ONLY. --ADMIN

Comment

Originally posted by Zornhau View Post
          This entire website makes me sad. You "True Christians" go around preaching your superior ways and condemn everybody else as unworthy trash. The funny thing is, if Jesus were alive, he wouldn't associate with you. You bear more resemblance to the ruling religious class that existed during his time than to his disciples.

You see the rest of the world not as human, but as outsiders worthy only of death and eternal torment. You bear much more resemblance to radical muslim terrorists than you would/could ever admit.

The appeal to secular-humanism is equality and freedom. Every human is just as valuable as the next. Every life has meaning because it's all that can be proven to exist. There is no divine division between Believers and Heretics, we are all just... human. Every person is responsible for his choices, but not because of some Divine carrot and stick, but because his choices define him.

I post this knowing it will be misunderstood, misinterpreted, and damned and stamped Heretical trash =)
          Friend, we are merely preaching the entire Bible. God loves you. He wants you to return His love so badly, he is willing to do anything necessary to get it. Even if it means that you will writhe in tortured agony while you burn forever.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
          Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

This entire website makes me sad. You "True Christians" go around preaching your superior ways and condemn everybody else as unworthy trash.
            We preach God's Word, and want you to join us in Heaven instead of following your current track to eternal torture in God's Lake of Fire.

The funny thing is, if Jesus were alive, he wouldn't associate with you.
            Jesus IS alive, and in Heaven. He already associates with us. If He were walking about in human form, that'd be the occasion of His second coming . . . and He would be busy slaughtering 1/3 of all non-Christians. You know, like you. As described in Revelation.

You see the rest of the world not as human, but as outsiders worthy only of death and eternal torment.
            Actually, that's how God sees them, as He has put forth in His Word. And yes, in the New Testament, too.

If you'd simply answered the question instead of attacking, insulting, and berating us for doing exactly what God tells us to do, you'd likely have gotten a warmer reception. Instead, you have demonstrated the "tolerance" of the atheist: "You can believe anything you want, as long as it's what I believe."
            Bible boring? Nonsense!
            Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
            You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
              If you'd simply answered the question instead of attacking, insulting, and berating us for doing exactly what God tells us to do, you'd likely have gotten a warmer reception. Instead, you have demonstrated the "tolerance" of the atheist: "You can believe anything you want, as long as it's what I believe."
              I thought i answered the question quite well? However, seeing your magnanimous reception of my previous post, i can rephrase it for you.

My purpose in life is whatever i want it to be. I have complete and unrestrained freedom. This doesn't mean that i do whatever i want, only that i could, and its the feeling that i could that is wonderful. The universe may die a heat death in a few trillion years, pfft so what? All i have to do is make the most of my life, make the world better through education, reason, and logic. And there is of course the possibility that the human race could live on after the heat death of the universe. We could create a new parallel dimension in the laboratory, given enough energy, which we should have in a trillion years so there is no eternal deadline to which we are condemned.

ABRIGED: Purpose in life=Freedom to make my own purpose

(And these are my beliefs, not yours, i am in no way urging a conversion, just answering a question about my purpose)

Comment

This entire website makes me sad. You "True Christians" go around preaching your superior ways and condemn everybody else as unworthy trash.
                What we preach is God's Truth™ and no one but God is condemning anyone around here.

You are just blind to the absolute Love we have for everyone on this planet. We believe the Bible. We read it. We understand it. That's why we know the horror in store for unrepentant sinners such as you! We Love you so much that we are unwilling to sugar coat anything, lest your time runs out and you remain Unsaved!

Suppose you drive your car into a light pole and suffer severe injuries. The paramedics get you out of the wreck and start working on you. Your legs are mangled! One guy starts cutting your pant leg off, to better render aid. The other paramedic goes ballistic, screaming "There's nothing wrong with those pants! How dare you cut them up?".

That's right. Who is being a better neighbor here? The fag paramedic who won't cut pants to save your life? Or is it the other one, the paramedic who cares about you?

You see, we here at Landover Baptist Church believe what Jesus taught us about being Good Samaritans. We believe in being good neighbors. We won't spare your silly, ephemeral feelings because we know your very soul is in danger!
                Luke Chapter 10:
                30 And Jesus answering said, A certain [man] went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded [him], and departed, leaving [him] half dead.
                31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
                32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked [on him], and passed by on the other side.
                33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion [on him],
                34 And went to [him], and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
                35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave [them] to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
                36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?
                37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.
                sigpic
                Revelations 6:16
                "And said to the mountains and rocks,
                Fall on us, and hide us from the face
                of him that sitteth on the throne,
                and from the wrath of the Lamb"

Comment

There seems to be a linguistic oddity around these parts being

God's love
                  n.
                  1.The wish by a divine being to see you burn and suffer forever, because he loves you

which does not fit the normally accepted definition of 'love'

p.s. if hell is tough love, what does anyone there gain except pain? Is there parole? Do they learn eternal life lessons? Do they get a sentence reduction for repentance?

Comment

There seems to be a linguistic oddity around these parts being
                    I don't think you're paying attention. I said we love you. Please don't get turned on though, I don't mean that kind of love. We're not fags or harlots around here.

It's true, however, that God does love everyone. We're told this in John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." ...but it's is a logical error to take what applies to the general term "world" and extend that to each individual. This is called the fallacy of division. Look it up if you must. Basically it means that God doesn't necessarily have to love each individual.

For example, while I love the United States of America, I certainly hate our current president.

Anyway, God's solution is elegant! He loves the world and wants to save as much of it as possible. Why don't you believe in Him? Do you want to perish? Don't you want everlasting life?
                    sigpic
                    Revelations 6:16
                    "And said to the mountains and rocks,
                    Fall on us, and hide us from the face
                    of him that sitteth on the throne,
                    and from the wrath of the Lamb"

Comment

blablabla
                      Wow, you are so brave. Your mother must be so proud of you.
                      May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

I have a little question: What if you actually had to took the bible not litteral, but more symblolic. Does it litterally say, follow the bible word by word?

I don't think so, because I think god, or whatever that you think is above us, will be not so angry if you didn't read the bible if you were a good person.

Better a non-believer who was good and rightfull than a hypocritical, bible-reading jackass like you guys. Jesus was aguy with new ideas and phylosophie, you are litterally like the romans who stone everybody who is against you.

Jesus was good against a good man not with the romans who were believers in their own faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon the Swede View Post
                          I have a little question: What if you actually had to took the bible not litteral, but more symblolic. Does it litterally say, follow the bible word by word?

I don't think so, because I think god, or whatever that you think is above us, will be not so angry if you didn't read the bible if you were a good person.

Better a non-believer who was good and rightfull than a hypocritical, bible-reading jackass like you guys. Jesus was aguy with new ideas and phylosophie, you are litterally like the romans who stone everybody who is against you.

Jesus was good against a good man not with the romans who were believers in their own faith.
                          Romans just wrote what Jesus already told ages before them. See, it's God who is pressing buttons here, not you or anyone else false God or any followers of false religions.

In my opinion, catholic Pope is just trying to conguer our God's office and takeover the button. It's not happening as you can see. Many of us are here to praise The God and Satan cannot fight against Him.

What makes you think that God didn't wrote the Bible? Go and read King James Bible and see. Unquestionably, it's God's word and True Christians will follow it from word to word, just how God wanted us to follow it.

Don't you already see, good always wins, and God is good!
                          Leviticus 20:13, If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
                          2nd Chronicles 15:13, That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.

Comment

No, you get yours from cultural relativism. If it feels good, do it, right? Fornication, adultery, cannibalism, homosexuality . . . all fine and dandy?

Well, better prejudice don't exist, i'll leave this forum, people here just don't get some things like that they are only a minority, that they maybe couldn't have right over every subject (like atheism where quite everything is wrong, just because there's more rage in your voice than intelligence).

We'll see once in death who's right, but before that it makes no sense.

And for a intelligent forum, changing my nickname and sending stupid advertising like sodomites while i'm absolutely not, i hate it... that's more the pathetic rage of a child, looks like everyone isn't grown to the same level, probably because of that you need a goddly father...
                            A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes. Proverbs 18:6

Comment

Originally posted by Kokopuffs View Post

Well, better prejudice don't exist, i'll leave this forum, people here just don't get some things like that they are only a minority, that they maybe couldn't have right over every subject (like atheism where quite everything is wrong, just because there's more rage in your voice than intelligence).

We'll see once in death who's right, but before that it makes no sense.

And for a intelligent forum, changing my nickname and sending stupid advertising like sodomites while i'm absolutely not, i hate it... that's more the pathetic rage of a child, looks like everyone isn't grown to the same level, probably because of that you need a goddly father...
                              I'm not suprised. All non-believers are just simple tools in the hands of The God. If you didn't know, America is chosen country, and Europe will just bite the dust, eventually.

"They that dwell in the wilderness shall bow before him and his enemies shall lick the dust."

"We made two of them bite the dust, and the others betake themselves to flight."

"Grant that my sword may pierce the shirt of Hector about his heart, and that full many of his comrades may bite the dust as they fall dying round him."

Leviticus 20:13, If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
                              2nd Chronicles 15:13, That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
                                Dear SUV, don't worry. Honey's not bee poop!

It's bee BARF. <-- a bee making honey
                                So that's what that is all over my Pretty new shoes. Now I dare not go to Church this morning but will instead have to sit here where it's warm watching Television, Snacking, calling all of my Large Baptist Family on My Cell...

But I think the Good Lord will understand. He did when Homer Simpson stayed Home from Church that one Sunday. At least for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X