X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sex Before Marriage

Originally posted by Dionysos View Post
    If you have read your Bible you would know that comdoms are the work of Satan.

I'll pray for you and your sick mind!
    You were more offended by my mention of the use of condoms than my comparison of a sexually transmitted disease/infection to a common arts n' crafts supply (commonly used on angel wings)?? Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by IHate View Post
      You were more offended by my mention of the use of condoms than my comparison of a sexually transmitted disease/infection to a common arts n' crafts supply (commonly used on angel wings)?? Interesting.
      A stupid atheist bitch like you could never offend me.
      And, as I said before: The choice is yours: You could just give in to your perverted mind and bang away. God would properly punish you with herpes, AIDS and an eternity in hell, but you perverts seem to think it’s worth it.
      However, if I were a sick bitch like you I would get down on my knees and pray hard, fast and long.
      God: "Nietzsche is dead"

Comment

A stupid [unchristian word removed] atheist like you could never offend me.
        And, as I said before: The choice is yours: You could just give in to your perverted mind and bang away. God would properly punish you with herpes, AIDS and an eternity in hell, but you perverts seem to think it’s worth it.
        However, if I were a sick [unchristian word removed] like you I would get down on my knees and pray hard, fast and long.
        While you may be right that she is doomed to hell should she have intercourse before marriage, there is no reason to call her such a word. You may shock the True Christian Ladies should you keep up that talk.
        Genesis 4:12: When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.

Numbers 35:19: The revenger of blood himself shall slay the murderer: when he meeteth him, he shall slay him.

Comment

A stupid atheist [female dog] like you could never offend me.
          However, if I were a sick [female dog] like you I would get down on my knees and pray hard, fast and long.
          Who said I was an atheist? Atheists believe in neither God nor Satan, while I believe in both. If I did not believe in God I most likely would have put quotations around his name to signify that I was speaking in a sarcastic tone when I asked my question. Were you home schooled like Lisa?

Comment

Originally posted by Higgins View Post
            While you may be right that she is doomed to hell should she have intercourse before marriage, there is no reason to call her such a word. You may shock the True Christian Ladies should you keep up that talk.
            In Samuel 20:30, where Saul is talking to his son Jonathan, after he has helped David escape Saul's grasp, Saul calls him a son of a "perverse and rebellious woman" (KJV) which again is translated in to "bitch" in later translations.

I agree that the only true bible is the King James version, but to call the word bitch unchristian is over the top in my opinion, and even if it should be af sin, its nothing comparet to having sex before marriage - the pervese and rebellious woman, will, with out a doubt, burn in hell.

sigpic
            Praise our faithful Landover Baptist women

Ephesians 5:23_(King James Version)"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body."

Comment

Who said I was an atheist? Atheists believe in neither God nor Satan, while I believe in both. If I did not believe in God I most likely would have put quotations around his name to signify that I was speaking in a sarcastic tone when I asked my question. Were you home schooled like Lisa?
              Well, I don't know Lisa personally to answer that question, but what if she was?

Whoops! Sorry, that didn’t work very well! But, you’ve still got a ton of great answers to your homeschooling questions at your fingertips . . .

1. In 1997, a study of 5,402 homeschool students from 1,657 families was released. It was entitled, "Strengths of Their Own: Home Schoolers Across America." The study demonstrated that homeschoolers, on the average, out-performed their counterparts in the public schools by 30 to 37 percentile points in all subjects. A significant finding when analyzing the data for 8th graders was the evidence that homeschoolers who are homeschooled two or more years score substantially higher than students who have been homeschooled one year or less. The new homeschoolers were scoring on the average in the 59th percentile compared to students homeschooled the last two or more years who scored between 86th and 92nd percentile. i

This was confirmed in another study by Dr. Lawrence Rudner of 20,760 homeschooled students which found the homeschoolers who have homeschooled all their school aged years had the highest academic achievement. This was especially apparent in the higher grades. ii This is a good encouragement to families catch the long-range vision and homeschool through high school.

2. In a study released by the National Center for Home Education on November 10, 1994. According to these standardized test results provided by the Riverside Publishing Company of 16,311 homeschoolers from all 50 states K-12, the nationwide average for homeschool students is at the 77th percentile of the basic battery of the Iowa Test of Basic Skills. In reading, the homeschoolers' nationwide grand mean is the 79th percentile. This means, of course, that the homeschool students perform better in reading than 79 percent of the same population on whom the test is normed. In the area of language arts and math, the typical homeschooler scored in the 73rd percentile.

The homeschooled high schoolers did even better, which goes against the trend in public schools where studies show the longer a child is in the public schools, the lower he scores on standardized tests. One hundred and eighteen tenth-grade homeschool students, as a group, made an average score of the 82nd percentile in reading, the 70th percentile in math, and the 81st percentile in language arts.

6. In South Carolina, the National Center for Home Education did a survey of 65 homeschool students and found that the average scores on the Comprehensive Test of Basic Skills were 30 percentile points higher than national public school averages. In math, 92 percent of the homeschool students scored above grade level, and 93 percent of the homeschool students were at or above grade level in reading. These scores are "being achieved in a state where public school SAT scores are next-to-last in national rankings." ix

The study found that the average scores of the homeschool students were at or above the 80th percentile in all categories. The homeschoolers' national percentile mean was 84th for reading, 80th for language, 81st for math, 84th for science and 83rd for social studies.

13. Statistics also demonstrate that homeschoolers tend to score above the national average on both their SAT and ACT scores.

Similarly, in 1986, the State Department of Education in Alaska which had surveyed homeschooled children's test results every other year since 1981, found homeschooled children to be scoring approximately 16 percentage points higher, on the average, than the children of the same grades in conventional schools. In Oregon, the State Department of Education compiled test score statistics for 1,658 homeschooled children in 1988 and found that 51 percent of the children scored above the 71st percentile and 73 percent scored above the 51st percentile.

In Nebraska, out of 259 homeschooled children who returned to public or non-public schools, 134 of them were automatically placed in their grade level according to their age without testing. Of the remaining who were given entrance tests, 33 were above grade level, 43 were at grade level, and 29 were below grade level. Approximately 88 percent of the returning students were at or above grade level after being homeschooled for a period of time. This survey was the result of the responses of 429 accredited schools. xxiii

Comment

Originally posted by Heathen_Basher View Post
                Well, I don't know Lisa personally to answer that question, but what if she was?

Whoops! Sorry, that didn’t work very well! But, you’ve still got a ton of great answers to your homeschooling questions at your fingertips . . .

1. In 1997, a study of 5,402 homeschool students from 1,657 families was released. It was entitled, "Strengths of Their Own: Home Schoolers Across America." The study demonstrated that homeschoolers, on the average, out-performed their counterparts in the public schools by 30 to 37 percentile points in all subjects. A significant finding when analyzing the data for 8th graders was the evidence that homeschoolers who are homeschooled two or more years score substantially higher than students who have been homeschooled one year or less. The new homeschoolers were scoring on the average in the 59th percentile compared to students homeschooled the last two or more years who scored between 86th and 92nd percentile. i

This was confirmed in another study by Dr. Lawrence Rudner of 20,760 homeschooled students which found the homeschoolers who have homeschooled all their school aged years had the highest academic achievement. This was especially apparent in the higher grades. ii This is a good encouragement to families catch the long-range vision and homeschool through high school.

2. In a study released by the National Center for Home Education on November 10, 1994. According to these standardized test results provided by the Riverside Publishing Company of 16,311 homeschoolers from all 50 states K-12, the nationwide average for homeschool students is at the 77th percentile of the basic battery of the Iowa Test of Basic Skills. In reading, the homeschoolers' nationwide grand mean is the 79th percentile. This means, of course, that the homeschool students perform better in reading than 79 percent of the same population on whom the test is normed. In the area of language arts and math, the typical homeschooler scored in the 73rd percentile.

The homeschooled high schoolers did even better, which goes against the trend in public schools where studies show the longer a child is in the public schools, the lower he scores on standardized tests. One hundred and eighteen tenth-grade homeschool students, as a group, made an average score of the 82nd percentile in reading, the 70th percentile in math, and the 81st percentile in language arts.

6. In South Carolina, the National Center for Home Education did a survey of 65 homeschool students and found that the average scores on the Comprehensive Test of Basic Skills were 30 percentile points higher than national public school averages. In math, 92 percent of the homeschool students scored above grade level, and 93 percent of the homeschool students were at or above grade level in reading. These scores are "being achieved in a state where public school SAT scores are next-to-last in national rankings." ix

The study found that the average scores of the homeschool students were at or above the 80th percentile in all categories. The homeschoolers' national percentile mean was 84th for reading, 80th for language, 81st for math, 84th for science and 83rd for social studies.

13. Statistics also demonstrate that homeschoolers tend to score above the national average on both their SAT and ACT scores.

Similarly, in 1986, the State Department of Education in Alaska which had surveyed homeschooled children's test results every other year since 1981, found homeschooled children to be scoring approximately 16 percentage points higher, on the average, than the children of the same grades in conventional schools. In Oregon, the State Department of Education compiled test score statistics for 1,658 homeschooled children in 1988 and found that 51 percent of the children scored above the 71st percentile and 73 percent scored above the 51st percentile.

In Nebraska, out of 259 homeschooled children who returned to public or non-public schools, 134 of them were automatically placed in their grade level according to their age without testing. Of the remaining who were given entrance tests, 33 were above grade level, 43 were at grade level, and 29 were below grade level. Approximately 88 percent of the returning students were at or above grade level after being homeschooled for a period of time. This survey was the result of the responses of 429 accredited schools. xxiii

That is all fine and dandy, Heathen, but if you notice, these tests were done in the 80s and and early 90s. Then, home schooling had the potential to be quite effective if a parent had graduatated from high school and retained even a third of the information they were taught. However, beginning in about 1998 we began to see a major shift across the board. More information was being discovered by the day it seemed. The standards children today must meet are substantially different than those of the past two generations.

Comment

That is all fine and dandy, Heathen, but if you notice, these tests were done in the 80s and and early 90s. Then, home schooling had the potential to be quite effective if a parent had graduatated from high school and retained even a third of the information they were taught. However, beginning in about 1998 we began to see a major shift across the board. More information was being discovered by the day it seemed. The standards children today must meet are substantially different than those of the past two generations.
                  Great. Please provide me the studies that back up your ridiculous lies

And by the way, as Lisa's profile says she is 27 years old, she would have been in school during ... the 80s and early 90s!

Comment

Wow, what a moronic statement. The standardized tests all the children had to take would be the exact same.

Do you honestly think though new things were being discovered daily that the textbooks changed daily?

You have just earned a new award or two.
                    Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

Have either of you cracked open a textbook lately? I'm sure it would look far different from what you used as a child. Also, the tests do change. I'd put money down to say you probably could not even pass the twelfth grade by current standards if you had to. And while Lisa may have been home schooled when it still could have done her some good, her comments suggest that she has had no formal education whatsoever and most likely did not a attend post-secondary institute of any kind.

Comment

Have either of you cracked open a textbook lately?
                        Considering I am 21, yes. More recently than you have, as a matter of fact

Comment

Have either of you cracked open a textbook lately? I'm sure it would look far different from what you used as a child. Also, the tests do change. I'd put money down to say you probably could not even pass the twelfth grade by current standards if you had to.
                          Kid, I'm working on my Master of Theological Studies.

You should get back to work. Those french fries are probably done.
                          Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

and most likely did not a attend post-secondary institute of any kind.
                            If this were a game of true or false I would place a million buck bet on "false".

I think I know my fellow Aussie a bit better than you do!

But, I don't want you to look like a fool so am willing to accept that million dollar bet if you want to take it on.
                            2 Chronicles 7:14
                            14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by Heathen_Basher View Post
                              Considering I am 21, yes. More recently than you have, as a matter of fact
                              Or so you would think. Then again, one might also be lead to believe that, being 21, you might have learned about something, anything, that has occurred after 1995. Being in school after that, shouldn't you know that times have change? We know more now then we know then, or didn't you know?

Comment

Or so you would think. Then again, one might also be lead to believe that, being 21, you might have learned about something, anything, that has occurred after 1995. Being in school after that, shouldn't you know that times have change? We know more now then we know then, or didn't you know?
                                I couldn't say. My experiences with public schools is that they are ghastly under-funded, filled with decade old text books, too few supplies, uninterested troublesome students, teachers who are just there to get a paycheck and boards will significantly lower standards of passing just so they won't have to deal with angry parents.

I don't really think my getting good grades in such a system was much of an accomplishment. Luckily, I was able to improve my knowledge in English, classical studies, and tech by extensive personal study.

Comment

Working...
                                X