X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An abject lesson in Moon worship

Atheist scientists are good at some things, admittedly. They come up with tremendous ways to kill enemies and for that we can be glad that deep in their hearts they know the truth of Jesus and chose to live in a Christian country. That said, they do say some very hateful things that we endure for the Lord's sake so we put up with them (1 Peter 2:13 13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority).

Today scientists have discovered what is causing billions of insects to die every year and causing a collapse of 50% in insect populations worldwide - light. Apparently insects use the ambient light at nighttime for navigation and they get confused by certain artificial lights - typically getting stuck in a loop and orbiting repeatedly around artificial light sources until they die.

There's a wonderful lesson here about the decimation of false idol worshippers using modern technology. You see, it turns out that insects are blindly following the Moon believing it will lead them to a better place. Wrong. In fact, their false belief is what causes them to exhaust themselves, burn their limbs off on a hot bulb or even cast themselves into the open flames of a gas flare. You've all seen that scene in Wreck It Ralph?

So while we may never find on this Earth the perfect harmony that we crave - living in a nice neighborhood with good people and gas at 7c a gallon (aka 1950) - we can be soothed by knowing the infallible word of our Lord is true and that idol-worshipping vermin are being extinguished every day.
    If I have seen further, it is by standing on the heads of others.

Re: An abject lesson in Moon worship

Originally posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole View Post
    - light. Apparently insects use the ambient light at nighttime for navigation and they get confused by certain artificial lights - typically getting stuck in a loop and orbiting repeatedly around bright light sources until they die.

There's a wonderful lesson here about the decimation of false idol worshippers using modern technology. You see, it turns out that insects are blindly following the Moon believing it will lead them to a better place. Wrong. In fact, their false belief is what causes them to exhaust themselves in a loop, burn their limbs on a hot bulb or even cast themselves into the flames of a gas flare.
    So while we may never find on this Earth the perfect harmony that we crave - living in a nice neighborhood with good people and gas at 7c a gallon (aka 1950) - we can be soothed by knowing the infallible word of our Lord is true and that idol-worshipping vermin are being extinguished every day.
    What are reassuring post to begin my day, Dr. Toole. God's wisdom is shown here. He does not want us to suffer bugs biting us or flying around our food. So He designed a system of what atheists might call "artificial" light that kills them. Life is good when you are a True Christian™.
    Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

Originally posted by Johny Joe Hold View Post
      What are reassuring post to begin my day, Dr. Toole. God's wisdom is shown here. He does not want us to suffer bugs biting us or flying around our food. So He designed a system of what atheists might call "artificial" light that kills them. Life is good when you are a True Christian™.
      I like to think that God's wisdom generalizes beyond the very, very literal. But yes I concur with your point about fewer insects in Summer.

Comment

Not only insects sting. It's horses for courses as they say; what attracts an insect is one thing - spiders, another - snakes scorpions & centipedes, something else again - all the way up to blatant idolators drawn in by who knows what? but here they are, vomiting up lies and death. It's their nature.
        I John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Comment

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
          Not only insects sting. It's horses for courses as they say; what attracts an insect is one thing - spiders, another - snakes scorpions & centipedes, something else again - all the way up to blatant idolators drawn in by who knows what? but here they are, vomiting up lies and death. It's their nature.
          I John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something stung me the other day. Presently, I saw a bee crawling on the window pane, it reminded me of honey; I like honey; strained through a muslin bag, drip, drip, drip. Then I could smell Beatrice coming into the room, the sound of her dripping, that dank sea smell. I wanted to cry out, but couldn't, if only I could turn my head, but alas. Then I felt it. The prick; a bee sting on the side of my neck.
          No spoose should be more attractive than the other - that way, no one is satisfied, and the marriage can be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Emily Brent View Post
            By the pricking of my thumbs, something stung me the other day. Presently, I saw a bee crawling on the window pane, it reminded me of honey; I like honey; strained through a muslin bag, drip, drip, drip. Then I could smell Beatrice coming into the room, the sound of her dripping, that dank sea smell. I wanted to cry out, but couldn't, if only I could turn my head, but alas. Then I felt it. The prick; a bee sting on the side of my neck.
            Wait - I'm confused. Is this a dream or did it really happen? And are we still talking about insects or are you using an analnogy? Analo nogy. Analogy.

Comment

Working...
            X