X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!

Originally posted by Roland View Post
    Hello diputsm'i

Please tell us how Jesus filled you with hisHuge love. Do so by making your own introduction thread in the introduction forum. Instructions on how to do so are in the forum description.

Kind regards,

RawrendAssfucker
    / the pie isn't a lie M8s

Comment

Originally posted by maxhild View Post
      JUST DONT LET KIDS under 18 yrs old PLAY tf2
      Hello manchild and welcome to the forums. So you are basically agreeing with the title of this thread, which is DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!! Thank you for your support.
      Vaccinated by the love of Jesus!!!

Comment

Now, as a video gamer myself, I can definitely say that Team Fortress 2 should probably not be purchased or played by the Christian demographic. But for the sake of this comment having any bearing what-so-ever I shall be presenting my opinions in a just and polite way. The blatant homosexuality thing is something I do not understand, as, no offence, the "get behind me doctor" statement is most likely referring to the player wanting the doctor to heal them constantly during a battle. As well as "I love this doctor" probably referring to the player thanking the gracious gift of healing from the medic. And as for the statement "this is my world!" I don't really like that myself, and I condone such wording.

I hope you enjoyed my little speech. Blessings upon you.

Comment

Greetings Mr. Opinion. I make you welcome here but I am afraid that you have probably already angered the white people. For some reason it seems like everyone who comes to rebuke these Baptists starts with the same thing about the doctor. The Baptists will know that you have not read the previous 2913 posts so you don't know how many people have already said what you said. I do not play video games myself so I do not appreciate the comments but I have read them. It would be best if you do not provoke the white people.

Jah Guide
          Trevor
          Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: Extol him that rideth upon the heavens By his name JAH, and rejoice before him.-Psalms 68:4

Comment

Trevor, you are (unusually, for you) quite correct. Well done, dear!

I propose to mostly ignore your post, Miss Opinion, and only urge you to read the thread before making a fool of yourself in public. But I feel I must query this:

Originally posted by TheHolyOpinion View Post
            And as for the statement "this is my world!" I don't really like that myself, and I condone such wording.
            Here is my question: do you know what condone means?

Comment

Originally posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey View Post
              Trevor, you are (unusually, for you) quite correct. Well done, dear!

I propose to mostly ignore your post, Miss Opinion, and only urge you to read the thread before making a fool of yourself in public. But I feel I must query this:

Here is my question: do you know what condone means?

I do indeed. I should have put it into more context though. As I don't condone it amongst my nieces and nephews, and other family members. Sorry for the confusion, my bad.

Comment

I do indeed. I should have put it into more context though. As I don't condone it amongst my nieces and nephews, and other family members. Sorry for the confusion, my bad.
                So when you said you condone it, you meant that you don't?

Comment

Originally posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey View Post
                  So when you said you condone it, you meant that you don't?
                  Oh, my bad. I'll be fixing that.

Comment

Oh, my bad. I'll be fixing that.
                    Thank you for the clarification, dear. Negation is so important, isn't it? It's the difference between Thou shalt have other gods before me and Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

(Or, on a more trivial domestic level, as I had cause to say today: "Mark, don't flush the twins down the toilet.")

Comment

Hi, my name is Joseph (as seen above ) I go to Milan Baptist church in Milan, OH. I actually play the game spoken about in the general post. Something that is very important about games like this is not to jump to conclusions. Anyone who knows much or anything about TF2's lore (or the history of the game world) would know that the game doesn't promote homosexuality at all, that's the community, and not the good part of it.

When you bring up certain quotes from characters from the game you mentioned "Get behind me doctor!" and "I love this doctor!" both from the big Russian man on the team. He doesn't speak fluent English in the slightest so he uses blunt lines that his colleagues can understand, making them sound ever so slightly homosexual. Basically you must look at voice lines like "Get behind me doctor!" as a condensed version of "Doctor, you need to get behind me so you don't get hurt."

The soldier character is not very smart (in fact he's basically insane) he's a soldier at heart, so the game designers made him a destructive soldier stereotype, for crude humor. When he brings up how this is "his world" I'm sure the character (if he were even real) wouldn't even know what he was saying.

The fact that only men make an appearance in this game is not homosexual either, the game takes place around the era of World War 2, back when woman were not very common among mercenaries or actual marines. But there are actual female characters, 2 of them, and they are basically more powerful than all the men combined

Almost all of the videos or stories you see from secondary sources and not from the actual teamfortress website represent the game falsely, this is a game where you have to work as a team for a common goal.

Further more I would like to say that this game actually is used times to collect money given to various charities or causes.

But thank you for hearing me out, and I hope you kept an open mind

Comment

Originally posted by JosephMM02 View Post
                        Hi, my name is Joseph (as seen above ) I go to Milan Baptist church in Milan, OH. [...]
                        Hello MM02,

Welcome to the forum. At this forum there is a place where you can introduce yourself properly by making your own thread. Be a sport and do so.

Kind regards,

Roland
                        Jeremiah 6:21 Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will lay stumblingblocks before this people, and the fathers and the sons together shall fall upon them; the neighbour and his friend shall perish.

Best wishes for the people in Ukraine.

Comment

Originally posted by JosephMM02 View Post
                          ...But thank you for hearing me out...
                          Nope, I tl;dr'ed everything after the first paragraph when you mentioned stuff that's been covered (and dismissed) HUNDREDS of times in this thread.

Why? Because someone who doesn't bother even looking at what other people have said clearly ISN'T INTERESTED IN WHAT OTHERS HAVE TO SAY, and just have to get their opinion out there.

So enjoy being ignored. Don't like it? Don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Didymus Much View Post
                            Don't like it? Don't do it.
                            I was horrified to read what what you insinuated!! The obvious corollary being Like it? Do it! .for the reason since you will probably start arguing that when the thing you want to do is to abstain from something then that (the thing you want to do) is what you should do.

How is this different in principle from what tyrannies rampant across the Caribbean have been advocating for centuries? Can't you think of anything beyond what happens to excite you at the moment, consequences regardless? Running around looking for more and greater debaucheries? It revolts me. Then you all get ebola.

Originally Posted by JosephMM02;1206221
                            Something that is very important about games like this is not to jump to conclusions.
                            We're not. Yours is the 2,921st post, we have had ample opportunity to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
                              ...enjoy being ignored. Don't like it? Don't do it.
                              I was horrified to read what what you insinuated!! The obvious corollary being Like it? Do it!...
                              Matthew 7:12 "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets."

Comment

Matthew 7:12 "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets."

Yes, you see you've missed out the important part. That does not mean that if I or you or anyone else desires that third parties provide fruit punch laced with plenty of LSD so that second parties will lose control and start in with the unprovoked canoodling that we should therefore as third parties make up the punch and leave it lying around, possibly with a hazard warning attached, just so that second parties can say "oh, Grizelda, you are looking thirsty allow me to pour you a refreshing glass."
                                "Ice?"

Obviously I do not want that to happen but you might not object, looking at your awards, and in Leviticus we see what Jesus was referring to.

LEVITICUS 19 . KJV . look up
                                And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
                                2a Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them,
                                First, God reiterates The Ten Commandments
                                2b Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy.
                                3 Ye shall fear every man his mother, and his father, and keep my sabbaths: I am the LORD your God.
                                4 Turn ye not unto idols, nor make to yourselves molten gods: I am the LORD your God.
                                5 And if ye offer a sacrifice of peace offerings unto the LORD, ye shall offer it at your own will.
                                6 It shall be eaten the same day ye offer it, and on the morrow: and if ought remain until the third day, it shall be burnt in the fire.
                                7 And if it be eaten at all on the third day, it is abominable; it shall not be accepted.
                                8 Therefore every one that eateth it shall bear his iniquity, because he hath profaned the hallowed thing of the LORD: and that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
                                9 And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not wholly reap the corners of thy field, neither shalt thou gather the gleanings of thy harvest.
                                10 And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and stranger: I am the LORD your God.
                                11 Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another.
                                12 And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.
                                13 Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning.
                                14 Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumblingblock before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the LORD.
                                15 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.
                                16 Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD.
                                17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.
                                18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.
                                19a Ye shall keep my statutes.
                                Next, He details some specifics just in case anyone decided they'd start crossing Angus with Jordanian oryx, whatever. God knew how people will read a law and find something they'd never thought of before but which arises from a loophole and then that's all they can think about doing..
                                19b Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind:
                                19c Thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed:
                                19d Neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.
                                20 And whosoever lieth carnally with a woman, that is a bondmaid, betrothed to an husband, and not at all redeemed, nor freedom given her; she shall be scourged; they shall not be put to death, because she was not free.
                                This is a particularly apposite passage given your obsession with activities I can't imagine and don't want to think about but which probably include intoxicated second parties dragging you into the shed, and if that did happen and she happened to be an engaged servant then your behaviour would result in her being whipped. Is that something you'd enjoy?
                                21 And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the LORD, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, even a ram for a trespass offering.
                                22 And the priest shall make an atonement for him with the ram of the trespass offering before the LORD for his sin which he hath done: and the sin which he hath done shall be forgiven him.
                                23 And when ye shall come into the land, and shall have planted all manner of trees for food, then ye shall count the fruit thereof as uncircumcised: three years shall it be as uncircumcised unto you: it shall not be eaten of.
                                24 But in the fourth year all the fruit thereof shall be holy to praise the LORD withal.
                                25 And in the fifth year shall ye eat of the fruit thereof, that it may yield unto you the increase thereof: I am the LORD your God.
                                26 Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times.
                                27 Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.
                                28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
                                29 Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness.
                                30 Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.
                                31 Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.
                                32 Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the old man, and fear thy God: I am the LORD.
                                33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.
                                34 But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
                                This very explicitly describes those dwelling with God's Chosen People (Christians) and complying with local requirements which in this case is The Ten Commandments + other laws and regulations. God is saying "Would you like to jabbed in the eye with a spike? Then don't jab others dwelling with you who follow what I've said; obviously this does not include if you'd like to crawl in the shed with an idol and some dodgy punch and a trollop then the stranger dwelling with you should be able to do that and equally obviously like I shouldn't even have to say this but if she's a slavegirl then it's her fault because she has to do what she's told even if that means making the punch and giving it to Miss X over there and she might have a swig herself and then where would you all be?" This seems to be the part you just don't appreciate.
                                35 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment, in meteyard, in weight, or in measure.
                                36 Just balances, just weights, a just ephah, and a just hin, shall ye have: I am the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt.
                                37 Therefore shall ye observe all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: I am the LORD.

God is not saying that if you'd like to be debauched yourself then you should debauch your neighbour. God is saying that however you'd like to be treated yourself then that is how you should treat your neighbour.

Comment

Working...
                                X