X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away?

Originally posted by Iplaytf2 View Post
    Yes, it does appear the same size, only because it's 400x away as well.
    I assume you're referring to this post, "it" being the sun.

Originally posted by Bruhman73638 View Post
    the reason it's big in the sky is because it's over 400 times the size of earth
    We've already seen a demonstration of Doctor Toole's refutation in that hammer throw. She did a good job apparently, according to Roland – but there was no Cherenkov radiation. I do not engage in sporting activities myself so I'll take his word for it.

Moving on to your latest claim, well, that's already been refuted too. I particularly went out of my way to look up some secularist material demonstrating that the sun is supposedly 1,303,536¾ times the size (which is, admittedly, over 400x) [highlighted, above] but your problem then is that it would need to be 1,303,536¾ x more distant. If on the other hand you're saying the sun is 400x the size of the earth but appears the same size, that is patently untrue.

I appreciated your posting an eclipse link, in another post, which also bears on this point so I'll continue from there.

https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?p=1299667#post1299667

Comment

• Re: The Sun: Millions of miles away?

Originally posted by Iplaytf2 View Post
      Hi!Thanks for that link. As we've already seen, just because the moon passed in front of the sun sometimes would not mean it was any more distant.

EXAMPLE 1 — Lego

As you can see, these objects are unable to move through one another. Either they slither around the sides or they get stuck. Clearly this does not apply to the sun and moon because when they stopped moving, it was not due to being stuck against one another. How do we know? Simple: they were in different parts of the sky.

EXAMPLE 2 — Coin Pusher

Here we see objects that can be in very similar positions. They don't get stuck but slide under or over one another. I used a coin earlier as an example of roundness in another thread [linked (RIGHT)] and this better represents what could happen during an eclipse. The problem for you, though, is when the sun passes in front of the moon. They still both appear the same size but we can't see the moon. Just like those coins. I'm not saying the sun and moon couldn't pass through one another but obviously when one obscures the other that's not what happens.

I hope that's helpful for you.

Comment

Working...
      X