X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: James Webb Telescope: Scientist Look for Alien Saviors

Originally posted by Johny Joe Hold View Post
    Think of the gas gauge on your car or the water pressure at your faucet. These are great scientific advances that generated vast profits. After these discoveries, it seems like science went on a lunch break and never came back.
    Some scientists are still doing important work, Mr Mayor. Neil deGrasse Tyson comments on popular culture, Bill Nye "The Science Guy" (as scientists call him) debates theologists like Ken Ham on fundamental questions, Noam Chomsky complains about ???, Elon does... Elon, you know? If all the money went to these top guys, we could be driving flying cars by now.
    If I have seen further, it is by standing on the heads of others.

Comment

Not to beat a dead horse with my peeves about science, but here is another that bugs me. Over the years, several timbers have been found on mountains in the Middle East. Many Christian scientists stroke their beards and say, "Has to be from Noah's Ark." But, they say the same thing about different piles of timber located some distance from one another. We know one of them IS from Noah's Ark--it was so huge some timbers have to have survived.

So, which one is it? Scientists need to agree. Even if they cannot agree they could decide by majority vote and the real Noah Ark relics would be factually established.

I don't need to tell the savvy businesspeople in LBC the commercial value of genuine Noah's Ark timbers. Removed and displayed in a nice, air-conditioned museum they would be money machines.
      Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

We should do for Noah's Ark what the Jews do with food--have Pastor Ezekiel offer a "kosher" seal of approval for all Biblical relics. The Rabbis make a pretty good living off their racket certification program. We should get on this ASAP before the Episcopalians or the Presbyterians or, Heaven forbid, Creflo Dollar beat us to the punch.
        The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Originally posted by Johny Joe Hold View Post
          Not to beat a dead horse with my peeves about science
          Not at all, Mr. Mayor. Whether it be Noah's Ark or a pile of old logs, mispricing assets is a serious problem. It's an opportunity to extract advantage. Arbitraging someone's belief in the weight and authority of the Church to sell them some relics unlocks value that might otherwise be left on the table.

Much the same problem in science, where misplaced trust in hairy guys that sit at computers for hours trying to solve problems leads to underinvestment in professors in waistcoats who lecture well and talk the most in meetings.

We badly need a Moneyball moment in science to reveal, for example, the bowtie as an indicator of success in the future, and then price it accordingly. Laughable metrics like hours spent trying to solve a problem will one day be, uh, laughed at by fully bowtied departments of professors.
          If I have seen further, it is by standing on the heads of others.

Comment

I fear JWST is the work of Satan

Someone please put my mind at ease. The astonishing rate of discoveries made by this satanic device is a threat to Christianity and young minds!

Why did God not smite this contraption out of the sky when it was launched? What if this thing makes more discoveries that opens the door to questioning His Almighty's wonderful creations?

And why oh why was that amount of money allowed to be invested in Satan and not in local/national Churches? Think of all the new megachurches we could've erected for our Lord!

I pray for forgiveness every night for this evil that taints the sky.
            John 1:14a - "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us"
            Sinclair Lewis - "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross"

Comment

Re: I fear JWST is the work of Satan

Originally posted by Disciple_of_Word View Post
              Why did God not smite this contraption out of the sky when it was launched? What if this thing makes more discoveries that opens the door to questioning His Almighty's wonderful creations?
              Who knows the mind of the Almighty? Often, God will leave Satan's handiwork in place simply to test our faith. For example, outside the Bible, the evidence for evolution is overwhelming. God needs to know, whom do you trust, the scientists with their mountains of evidence all pointing in one direction or the Lord and His Word pointing in the other. I think that's why He did not smite the JWT.
              The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

Someone please put my mind at ease. The astonishing rate of discoveries made by this satanic device is a threat to Christianity and young minds!
                I pray for forgiveness every night for this evil that taints the sky.
                One can only imagine how angry Jesus and God are to have this spying device aimed at them. They will have to pull the curtains to have some privacy.

From what I observed, God will tolerate this for a while and then destroy it. Look for the worst storm ever. Or, he may have an enemy army do it.
                Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

Someone please put my mind at ease.
                  I noticed your correct use of Genesis 9:12-15 in another thread and can reassure you that when God sees what's in the sky (He's on the other side of it but can see through it OK) He remembers the promises made not to flood us again, except for local events occasionally. Viewed from its upper surface, The Firmament described in Genesis 1:6-7 could be any shape. We don't know what that shape is because we can't see it. We can see the underneath side though which appears smooth but measurements suggest there could be upward indentations perhaps with a star at each apex.
                  John 10:16 [Jesus speaking] And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	PurpleFirmament.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	1925772Click image for larger version

Name:	OrangeFirmament.jpeg
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	1925773Click image for larger version

Name:	GreenFirmament.jpeg
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	1925774Click image for larger version

Name:	YellowFirmament.jpeg
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	1925775
                  Jesus is on the other side of The Firmament. We know this because very occasionally it has opened and He has been seen there. Looking down He sees not only us, His earthly sheep, but sheep of other folds too. If we could see those for ourselves He wouldn't need to have told us about them. Let's say we live underneath the Green Firmament. We could launch a telescope up as far as the moon and attach it there or farther away up inside one of those extruded green tentacle-looking things. Then it would be more distant than the moon and (obviously) closer to any stars inside there too. In the picture the Green Firmament is shown from the other side so none of the stars or the moon or planets – II Kings 23:5 – are visible.

If Jesus were viewing from the same perspective, He'd be able to see other folds too, very likely underneath other Firmaments. I predict that in accordance with the many firmaments hypothesis, the JWST will never detect any of them because it will always be inside our own Firmament and until that was broken, nothing outside it could be seen. As we saw in Genesis, one function of firmaments is to hold back the waters above and as you yourself posted, God has set the rainbow as a reminder to Himself not to flood the earth again, a promise we can rely on. Therefore our Firmament will not be ruptured in the future and the Webb telescope will not commit blasphemy by peering into Heaven.

I hope that puts your mind at ease.

Comment

Working...
                  X