X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Save money AND your waitress! Tip with a tract!

It used to be that everyone paid with cash, or maybe a check, for anything, everywhere. However, we now reside in the credit and debit card era and are heading for mobile payments, but one should always make an effort to *** removed spam link *** with cash wherever possible. Being waiter is not an easy job.
    Last edited by Zechariah Smyth; 02-26-2014, 08:47 AM. Reason: Spam.

Comment

Originally posted by alexmor View Post
      It used to be that everyone paid with cash, or maybe a check, for anything, everywhere. However, we now reside in the credit and debit card era and are heading for mobile payments, but one should always make an effort to *** removed spam link *** with cash wherever possible. Being waiter is not an easy job.
      So you can cut & paste from a website - good for you! Now how about heading over to the Introduction Forum and telling us about yourself?
      Last edited by VictoryOS; 02-26-2014, 04:17 PM.
      2 Timothy 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Comment

Write a verse from the bible down and give it to them and when they say thank you, Smile and say if you liked the tip ill give you the whole thing later.

Make sure the verse is something about rotting in hell because she is a sinner.

Comment

I only take my family to a meat and three type restaurants that are closed on the Sabbath. Usually the kids eat free (or indulge on Captain's Wafers), we only drink water, and I leave last Sunday's bulletin.

It is a classic win-win-win result:
          - I win- My tip (calculated less taxes and contingent on an uninterrupted supply of crackers of course) is minimal but still gratuitous.
          - The waitress (or a closet homer if male) wins- still gets a tip and a bulletin full of Godly inspiration.
          - God wins!- Most importantly, I expose someone else to eternal salvation and enable them to generously tithe.

Malachi 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
          "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16)

"But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery." (Matthew 5:32)

Comment

My last waiter was so happy to get this at dinner last night!

Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

Most of waitresses I know are unsaved and are often single mom's living off welfare. Therefore my husband and I tip with a tract, and a KJV Bible with verses like Acts 3:19 highlighted.
              "Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands." Proverbs 14:1

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson View Post
                Most of waitresses I know are unsaved and are often single mom's living off welfare. Therefore my husband and I tip with a tract, and a KJV Bible with verses like Acts 3:19 highlighted.
                Dear Mrs. Johnson,
                While I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment about slatternly waitresses I would like to suggest that you get yourself a new Bible (KJV 1611, not 1900)
                Isaiah 66:15

For behold, the Lord wil come with fire, and with his charets like a whirlewinde, to render his anger with furie, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Comment

The only reason waiters and waitress get tips is because they are paid less than minimum wage. If they do a good job then deserve one because they worked for it. Tipping them helps them because many of them have families to feed and support. Also to those say they should get a better job obviously don't realize in this economy jobs are very few and theirs a lot of competition for them. Most would perfer to stay at their jobs because any work is better then no work.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris-the-Knuckle-Head View Post
                    The only reason waiters and waitress get tips is because they are paid less than minimum wage. If they do a good job then deserve one because they worked for it. Tipping them helps them because many of them have families to feed and support. Also to those say they should get a better job obviously don't realize in this economy jobs are very few and theirs a lot of competition for them. Most would perfer to stay at their jobs because any work is better then no work.
                    Oh, so you think that receiving money is better than being blessed with the Good News and therefore having a fighting chance of going to heaven.

How "Christian" of you.

God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                    True Christians are Perfect!
                    True Christian™ Love.
                    Salvation™ made Easy!
                    You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                    Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                    Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                    Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                    Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                    The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                    Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                    God HATES Rational Thinking!
                    True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Rune Enoe View Post
                      I've never understood why I should tip a waitress 15%, when I only tithe 10% to Jesus.

It wasn't the waitress who died temporarily for my sins.
                      Pastor, thank you. I've never thought of those percentages before in comparison. Again, thanks.
                      But whosoever shall deny me before men,
                      him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
                      ~Matt. 10:33

~~~~~~~
                      Theme song in hell: "I Did it My Way"

Comment

You make a good point, but Jesus doesn't think so:
                        Psalms 37:21
                        No matter what job somebody has, the bible says to pay:
                        Proverbs 13:11

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
                          Oh, so you think that receiving money is better than being blessed with the Good News and therefore having a fighting chance of going to heaven.

How "Christian" of you.

Where did i say in thay sentence that receiving money is better than being blessed with the the good news. Also why do you people put words in my mouth that I didn't say. Your just twisting my words around.

Comment

Originally posted by TayLuvsJ View Post
                            You make a good point, but Jesus doesn't think so:
                            Psalms 37:21
                            No matter what job somebody has, the bible says to pay:
                            Proverbs 13:11
                            careful my friend when you point out obviously worded scripture they find something else to make it false and it will also be in the bible as well or they tell you something else like the 2-4 dollar's an hour they make is pay enough. It mostly depends on what state you in. If your in Georgia they make about $2-3 depending on where they are. If you Texas like me they make about $4 an hour

Comment

Working...
                            X