X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crimea Referendum Results

This just in:

90% of voters in Crimean referendum decided to join Russia. These are preliminary results, I would not be surprised if the final count reaches 110% or even 150% (a good Soviet tradition of udarniks). This surprising result (which obviously has nothing to do with Russian troops pointing their guns at everything that moves) brings back memories of commie times, when the one and only party would always have a surprising landslide victory.

Happy pro-Russian activists organized a celebration on the Lenin Square:

I can feel the fresh breeze of Cold War coming back!...
    God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
    True Christians are Perfect!
    True Christian™ Love.
    Salvation™ made Easy!
    You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
    Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
    Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
    Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
    Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
    The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
    Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
    God HATES Rational Thinking!
    True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Re: Crimea Referendum Results

The right to self-determination. They have it. When we tried it the north attacked us, just like Obama is posturing against the Russians now for letting the Ukrainians freely choose to be part of Russia.
    Leviticus 26:15-16
    And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant: I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.

Comment

In related news, I hear Obama drew a line in the sand.

What was not clear is was it a line he will not cross or a line he wants others to cross. I'll never understand that jive ebonic nonsense.
      Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
      Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
      Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
      Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
      Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
      Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

I voted to give it back to Putin.
        May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

Isn't there a Ukrainian Orthodox Church? Yes, there is. Can these be considered Christian?

II TIMOTHY 4
          For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
          4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
          KJV

God knew that different sects would break away from The Truth as indeed many have. Catholics for example wordhip idols and even decomposing bits of toenail from what I've heard. Here are some excerpts from Easter messages:
          Pope Francis [Romish heretic] urged Catholics to rediscover the roots of their faith in an Easter Mass at St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican.
          Patriarch Filaret [Ukrainian orthodox]said there has been aggression against "peace-loving" Ukraine, which "voluntarily gave up nuclear weapons."
          Patriarch Kirill [Russian orthodox] said during Easter eve services in the Christ the Savior Cathedral that God should put "an end to the designs of those who want to destroy holy Russia."

Of course we know that the pope is beyond redemption because he declares the Holy Ghost to be a liar, the single example of idolatry being sufficient to demonstrate that. MARK 3:29 But what about Eastern orthodoxy more generally? Will God peradventure give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth? There seems to be a lack of meekness in instructing those that oppose themselves from where I'm sitting. Pastoral guidance in this matter would be welcome so that we may direct our prayers in accordance with God's Will.

II TIMOTHY 2
          the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
          25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
          26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
          KJV

Comment

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. Putin, quite resonably, asked the Ukrainians to move their borders away from his troops.
            The Lord is my shepherd.

Comment

Working...
            X