X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible

Originally posted by RockManMythos View Post

Wow... Amazing sermon, but why do you think God wants everyone dead or enslaved?
    Who can know the mind of the LORD, friend?

Who hath directed the Spirit of the LORD, or being his counseller hath taught him?
    Isaiah 40:13

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
    1 Corinthians 2:16

Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
    John 15:15

For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counseller?
    Romans 11:34

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
    1 Corinthians 2:11

It isn't our place to judge the LORD, only to Praise Him!

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith_Machine View Post
      killing a prisoner if he measures two lines, but keeping him as a slave if he's only one line. Do we have any information as to what that unit of measurement would be equal to in feet or inches?
      The answer is in the position of the wretch when measured.
      II SAMUEL 8
      And after this it came to pass, that David smote the Philistines, and subdued them: and David took Methegammah out of the hand of the Philistines.
      2 And he smote Moab, and measured them with a line, casting them down to the ground; even with two lines measured he to put to death, and with one full line to keep alive. And so the Moabites became David's servants, and brought gifts.
      3 David smote also Hadadezer, the son of Rehob, king of Zobah, as he went to recover his border at the river Euphrates.
      KJV

A line is about 4 inches. Having dumped your captive on the ground I understand that any upon examination who were less than 4" could be kept as they would not threaten the status quo. A wretch exceeding 8" would be killed. There might be a temple standard line of 8 inches or even longer but generally a line is about 4 inches and they usually occur in pairs so The Bible is consistent here. What happens to soldiers measured at between 4" and 8" (probably most soldiers in my experience) is anyone's guess. But what exactly is being measured?

From your comments regarding stature in the ancient world I'm assuming it's footware based but that is just a guess and I have no wish to intrude opinion in any way but not much else would require being stretched out on the floor to be measured. I hope that is helpful.

Comment

I give thanks and praise for your insights and your wisdom. If only more people of the Lord could possess your integrity and coueage. Please don't ever stop carrying out God's inerrant word.

Holy, holy, holy.

Comment

Originally posted by 1liesalot View Post
          I give thanks and praise for your insights and your wisdom. If only more people of the Lord could possess your integrity and coueage. Please don't ever stop carrying out God's inerrant word.

Holy, holy, holy.
          Praise !

Are you ready to repent for your terrible sins and accept Jesus into your little dark heart, honey?
          God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
          True Christians are Perfect!
          True Christian™ Love.
          Salvation™ made Easy!
          You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
          Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
          Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
          Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
          Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
          The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
          Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
          God HATES Rational Thinking!
          True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

You have saved me with your gutsy sermons and righteousness! May those who doubt you bake in an unclean pizza oven forever and ever, Amen.

Comment

Working...
            X