X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Holy Bible Series PART 1: HELL!

Originally posted by RomanK View Post
    Funny how one book can get twisted into various forms and still not one realize that they are divided against themselves. This house will not stand until the bible becomes just that, the bible.
    "This House" is built on sand and will not stand even with just one version of the collected fairy tales. Let us have a look at a couple of its foundations...

A burning Lake of Fire - Not a good choice for an Intelligent Creator

Jesus Christ - never existed

I think I better make a correction, if it was built on sand that would be an improvement on its current foundations.
    Posted via Pasta

True Pastafarian™

May my Sauce be with you!
    Read the TRUE Gospel The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (ISBN 978-0-00-723160-7)
    Get one and get with The Flying Spaghetti Monster
    The Loose Canon - HTML version
    Loose Canon Fan Page
    North American? Speak English? Thank a Pirate.
    I have been to The Volcano!

Comment

Originally posted by RomanK
      You do you brimestone is another word for sulpher right?
      yes
      you wern't supposed to worship graven images. And you have.
      no we haven't

Originally posted by Jo Freddie
      "This House" is built on sand and will not stand
      Matthew 7:24Matthew 24:35
      . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Jo Freddie View Post
        "This House" is built on sand and will not stand even with just one version of the collected fairy tales.
        Look, the teaching of the Bible is our daily bread - the Bible clearly says (and this is God speaking through Paul,)

Ti:1:14: Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.)

So we are unlikely to listen to folk tales and fairy stories.

A burning Lake of Fire - Not a good choice for an Intelligent Creator
        Mr Freddie, if that is your name, may I just point out that as there is a Lake of Fire, it is certainly going to be burning... I'm sorry your intelligence did not allow you to see that

Jesus Christ - never existed
        Oh yes? Then who is the New Testament about then? You'd have thought that all those good, kind, honest disciples and True Christian™ authors would have had something better to do that make up stories - so, of course we can say with utter certainty, "Jesus was real!"
        Last edited by Ezekiel Bathfire; 10-29-2010, 03:36 PM.
        sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
        Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post

Matthew 7:24 … Matthew 24:35
          Qoutes from a collection of fairy tales do not form a foundation
          Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
          Look, the teaching of the Bible is our daily bread - the Bible clearly says (and this is God speaking through Paul,)

Ti:1:14: Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.)

So we are unlikely to listen to folk tales and fairy stories.
          If that is the case then why do you base your whole life on a book that is nothing but a collection of folk tales and fairy tales?
          Mr Freddie, if that is your name, may I just point out that as there is a Lake of Fire, it is certainly going to be burning... I'm sorry your intelligence did not allow you to see that.
          I am sorry that you intelligence does not give you the mental capabilities to realize that they do not in fact exist and they would not but a choice an intelligent creator would go for.

Oh yes? Then who is the New Testament about then? You'd have thought that all those good, kind, honest disciples and True Christian™ authors would have had something better to do that make up stories - so, of course we can say with utter certainty, "Jesus was real!"
          Let us look at this logically, during the Roman period they were fanatical record keepers, yet you say there was a bloke going round raising the dead, turning water into wine and feeding 5,000 people with a fish supper. How come no one noticed at the time an made a note of it?

The new testament - written long after the events where alleged to have happened by a group of people who wanted to justify their claim that other people should do what they told them to.
          Posted via Pasta

True Pastafarian™

Read the TRUE Gospel The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (ISBN 978-0-00-723160-7)
          Loose Canon Fan Page

Comment

Originally posted by Jo Freddie
            blah .. blah .. do not form a foundation .. etc.
            If that is the case then why - has the house stood?
            earlier you wrote:
            "This House" is built on sand and will not stand
            But it has stood.

Originally posted by Eyesight
            Thats what the almighty Allah says so their book is real too?
            Allah is not The Almighty. The Almighty is Shaddai.

@RomanK
            This house will not stand until the bible becomes just that, the bible.
            as regards the first part of your rather unusual comment, this house does stand and has stood for over 2,000 years Matthew 24:35
            The 2nd part is somewhat more enigmatic: The Bible of course already is The Bible

@BelieverInGod
            You are very patient Galatians 5:22

Comment

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
              If that is the case then why - has the house stood?
              earlier you wrote:
              But it has stood.
              No you BELIEVE is has stood (but even now your subconscious makes you use the past tense)
              Posted via Pasta

True Pastafarian™

Loose Canon Fan Page

Comment

Originally posted by Jo Freddie View Post
                No you BELIEVE is has stood (but even now your subconscious makes you use the past tense)
                Past tense in this case would have been "did stand" or "had stood" or "stood" (or "once stood") etc.

If I say "Jo Freddie has lived for 47 years" that doesn't mean you are dead!
                cf: "Jo Freddie did live for 47 years"
                "Jo Freddie had lived for 47 years…"
                "Jo Freddie lived for 47 years"
                "Jo Freddie once lived for 47 years"

you can probably Google English Grammar or something for the names of these tenses

Comment

Originally posted by Cranky Old Man View Post
                  I hope this will wake up those fools visiting our forum who are not taking Hell seriously!
                  I am still not taking it seriously.

Comment

I thank you Pastor for your interesting thread. What you mind about sinners who repent and try to change their sinful life, can they be saved?You are right, most of all so-called "churches" are liars and lie to us, but how about the people in Europe where there are almost not true Christian Churches like in America, what shall they do?
                    Proverbs 1:7 King James Version (KJV)
                    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Comment

Re: About HELL!

One of my relatives (Catholic, go figure) says that you can escape Hell if you are "forgived". First off, that is absolutely wrong (Matthew 25:46 is enough to prove that), and illogical. As stated, that would make people assume that they can sin and then ask for apology after going to Hell and jus be accepted into Heaven. IS this NOT illogical?
                      1 Corinthians 6:9 - 6:10: (9) Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, (10) Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas Smith View Post
                        One of my relatives (Catholic, go figure) says that you can escape Hell if you are "forgived". First off, that is absolutely wrong (Matthew 25:46 is enough to prove that), and illogical. As stated, that would make people assume that they can sin and then ask for apology after going to Hell and jus be accepted into Heaven. IS this NOT illogical?
                        Friend, slow down. Your 'friend' is a catlick. Just like with joos, he cannot escape Hell. Simply not possible for one of them.
                        Realistically, either you are a Christian or you are not. When you die, you go to Hell if you are not a Christian, no matter how 'good' you think you were. The only other place a person can go is to Heaven and you must be a Christian to get in. So if you were in Hell and managed to claw up the mountains of molten brimestone, God will simply deport you back again.
                        Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
                        Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
                        Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
                        Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                        Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
                        Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

I never said anything else. I mean, they are a relative, but truth be told that is a truth. And Catholicism isn't Christianity, which means Catholics aren't Christians, which means they will burn in Hell even if they led an otherwise perfect life.
                          1 Corinthians 6:9 - 6:10: (9) Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, (10) Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Comment

Golly gee am I glad this got bumped because I found it very informative!!

Comment

Originally posted by James Hutchins View Post
                              As stated, that would make people assume that they can sin and then ask for apology after going to Hell ..etc
                              It's quite worrying that papists would teach forgiveness after going to hell, Mr Hutchins.

So there is a timeline.

______alive______________alive______________alive______|_dead___THE JUDGMENT_______________
                              ok that's for catholics

So where does it say "..to shame and everlasting conpempt
                              . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . xcpt if u ask for apology after going to Hell o yeah baby o yeah
                              . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . God will repent and elevate you to the peerage???"

nothing about that in my KJV Mr Hutchins.
                              Is this why priests charge [all currnecies accepted] for prayers to corpses and stinking 12-hundred-year-old toenails that one's belovèd should get into catholic "heaven" eventually after the vatican gets a new solid gold idol and one is oneself in the gutter?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas Smith View Post
                                I think maybe they are talking about "purgatory", a concept invented by medieval papists. It was first mentioned in 1245 at the First Council of Lyon and was affirmed at the Council of Trent (1545-63).

Purgatory has no biblical foundation whatsoever, but nor does much of the cathlicks beliefs. What the cathlicks believe is that after death, the dead enter an intermediary state in which those destined for heaven "undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven". The purification is by fire. But to get to heaven, you need to have confessed your sins (hence their death-bed confessions) and have those remaining on earth pray for you soul (requiem mass). It also helps if you have been granted indulgences (serving the church in some way, or donating money). Those who don't make the grade go to hell.
                                In other words, purgatory is merely a lie to exert control over the masses of Mary worshippers.

Comment

Working...
                                X