X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Who Has Come Seeking Truth

Hi, I am not here to debate, as some have already accused me of doing. Instead I am here for truth and clarification. God's Word is Truth and everything else falls short.

My favorite verse:
    2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."

Problem with me?
    If you have something against me, be specific. Don't complain or be vague because our God is not vague. Let all words spoken be in truth and in love.

My Church:
    As for what church I attend...let's just say they read the bible and preach that. I do not wish to disclose the church name because I don't want my church to be insulted on a difference of belief.

My Past with Christ:
    I have known Christ from a young age (let's say 6) and have been living for Him ever since. Was filled with Holy Spirit around age 12, with the evidence of speaking in tongues (See Acts 2:17 "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh..."). I have spent years studying the bible and while it has been misunderstood by many, The Word of God is always true. If you find offense with my words, double check because they may not be my words but instead the words of God Himself, quoted straight from the Holy Scriptures.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all,
    ~Voice in the Wind

If I take too long to reply to a post, please understand that I DO have a life, a job, a wife and many other obligations also. So don't think I've abandoned you
    "This space is reserved for posting KJV Scripture ONLY. --ADMIN"

I find this rule is never mentioned anywhere on this forum, nor is it actually followed by anyone labeled as a TrueChristian. Please show me where this is a rule.

Re: One Who Has Come Seeking Truth

Welcome, as I am new myself.

You mention you have a wife... any daughters...? only respond if they are 18 or older.

Comment

No daughters. Sorry. I am fairly newly married so I have no kids to speak of yet. But one day I will follow Obed-Edom and have many children!!

...but not as many as he did. Haha

I find this rule is never mentioned anywhere on this forum, nor is it actually followed by anyone labeled as a TrueChristian. Please show me where this is a rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Voice in the Wind View Post
        No daughters. Sorry. I am fairly newly married so I have no kids to speak of yet. But one day I will follow Obed-Edom and have many children!!

...but not as many as he did. Haha
        Don't follow Edom, they are modern day Jews..... haters of Christ!

Comment

Without the Jew, we would have none of the Holy Bible. God chose the Jews when He chose Abraham who, through His faith was justified. Every Author of the Bible was a Jew (Except MAYBE Luke...who was probably a Jew in practice.) I don't understand the hatred for the Jews when the Bible says To the Jew first and then to the Geek.

Comment

http://israelect.com/reference/WillieMartin/BILLYE-4%20[A].htm

You have so much to learn.

Comment

Hello, dear, and to our friendly forum!

Please disregard that whining thing that is asking you questions. He doesn't believe the Bible, the tradition of his church is based on the Apocrypha instead!

Hi, I am not here to debate, as some have already accused me of doing. Instead I am here for truth and clarification. God's Word is Truth and everything else falls short.
              Amen to that!

My favorite verse:
              2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."
              Amen again!

My Church:
              As for what church I attend...let's just say they read the bible and preach that. I do not wish to disclose the church name because I don't want my church to be insulted on a difference of belief.
              As long as your Church does not add to or remove from the Bible (Deuteronomy 4:2, Revelation 22:18-19), I'm sure we'll be able to get along, sweetie!

I have known Christ from a young age (let's say 6) and have been living for Him ever since. Was filled with Holy Spirit around age 12, with the evidence of speaking in tongues (See Acts 2:17 "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh...").
              About that. You are aware, that speaking in tongues must make sense to the hearers, and not be just some random babbling that can be interpreted as being mad, right?

1 Corinthians 14:23-28
              23 If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?
              24 But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:
              25 And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.
              26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.
              27If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
              28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

I hope that helps.
              God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
              True Christians are Perfect!
              True Christian™ Love.
              Salvation™ made Easy!
              You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
              Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
              Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
              Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
              Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
              The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
              Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
              God HATES Rational Thinking!
              True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Nope, my church simply reads the bible without adding or removing from the Word of God.

As for your quote on speaking in tongues, when does it ever say that such a wonder will stop? Instead it is often referred to in many places about being something that ALL Christians should do.

Acts 10:44-46 (KJV)
                44While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
                45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
                46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God.

In this instance, speaking in tongues is a manner of proof that God had sent Jesus to be savior of not only the Jews but ALSO for the gentiles as well.

1 Corinthians 14:5 (KJV)
                I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.

Paul says: "I would that ye all spake with tongues..." It is a positive thing to speak in tongues. He says that it is much better to prophesy*, but he does not speak down upon or degrade speaking in tongues. He's just saying that if you can do both, then prophesy*, if you can't, at least speak in tongues.

1 Corinthians 14:18-19 (KJV)
                18I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:
                19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

First thing I want to point to is verse 18 where Paul boasts that he speaks in tongues, even to the point where he does it more than ANYONE.

I believe verse 19 is where many people see speaking in tongues as a bad thing, because Paul is pretty much saying not to speak in tongues in the church if there is no one to interpret for you. Our God is a God of order and peace, and if everyone gathered together and spoke to each other in tongues, not understanding the other, and the preacher gave the sermon in tongues, without an interpreter, then wouldn't there be chaos?

But the same does not apply to your individual prayer life. If God, who understands all things, hears you praying in tongues (Acts 2:4) as Holy Spirit gives utterance, then wouldn't God be pleased?

P.S. I did not come to attack doctrinal beliefs with topics like speaking in tongues, but instead to seek/speak The Truth. You broached the topic of tongues. I will be more than happy to continue and I would love to hear anyone's thoughts on what I have said. But I will stop there for now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                *I may not be using the correct tense there...but for some reason I can't think of the correct tense. Please overlook my error.*

Comment

I believe verse 19 is where many people see speaking in tongues as a bad thing, because Paul is pretty much saying not to speak in tongues in the church if there is no one to interpret for you. Our God is a God of order and peace, and if everyone gathered together and spoke to each other in tongues, not understanding the other, and the preacher gave the sermon in tongues, without an interpreter, then wouldn't there be chaos?
                  Exactly. In other words, each time you speak in tongues in public, there has to be at least one person who will understand and interpret that language. Therefore, the babbling/mass hysteria of the Pentecostals is what Paul says we should not do.

But the same does not apply to your individual prayer life. If God, who understands all things, hears you praying in tongues (Acts 2:4) as Holy Spirit gives utterance, then wouldn't God be pleased?
                  Agreed. Personal/individual prayer, done in privacy, is a completely different thing.
                  God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                  True Christians are Perfect!
                  True Christian™ Love.
                  Salvation™ made Easy!
                  You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                  Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                  Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                  Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                  Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                  The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                  Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                  God HATES Rational Thinking!
                  True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Working...
                  X